Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***The All-Encompassing ES Hip Hop Thread***

RonArtest15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Aye, don't we all?

If the accounts are true she turned herself in to rehab, I respect that.  Childhood trauma?  I'd say that was obvious the way she carried herself with her introduction on Dr. Phil, cash me outside.

I'm not going to defend her music as I also don't try to convince anyone I'm a hip hop puritan, I'm not.  I hope she gets the help she needs, prescription pills killed MJ and Prince and tearing apart communities all over the country, at least she admitted it and got help before she was just another statistic.

Maybe this is that wake up call many of us needed in our own different ways.  If she stops rapping, fine, I'm sure many folks will be happy. I won't be.  Just don't graduate to something worse like a lot of folks do.

• Like 1

You never take the bait, man. Stone cold.👊

Hopefully she can get things straightened out, because she seems like one of those kinds that never had that compass pointed North. Just came out of the womb with it spinning in every direction

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chris Brown didnt get empathy when it came out he was Type II, all this does is give clarity and chance for them to regroup as a family from the public onslaught hes getting.

This is not to excuse his behaviour.  Im glad she said it because I dont believe he ever would. Wouldnt shock me if he was Type 1.

Edited by Renegade7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Bone Thugs...I need suggestions on their most intense, angry stuff.

Thug Luv is a favorite of mine, but probably moreso because of the Tupac verse. Nasty ass beat though.

Also, I'm not big up on most of new mainstream stuff but I'm digging Big Sean's new Detroit 2 album.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Track I'm really feeling right now.  That beat is so fire.  MCs rip it up, slick gangster talk.  Ty Farris is a rapper from Detroit.  He's dope.

Not too many albums I heard this year that I liked.  Elzhi, Westside Gunn, Willie the Kid, Boldy James/Alchemist, Freddie Gibbs/Alchemist, Roc Marciano, Vinnie Paz, Conway all had albums that were cool, but nothing amazed me.  Down year in hip hop, blame Covid.  

Dirt Platoon- Get Ya Handz Dirty is probably my favorite album from 2020.  Dirt Platoon is a group from Baltimore.

• 4 weeks later...

Sad sad sad day.  One of the best hip hop artists ever.  I loved his zany rhymes, raspy voice, and slow drawl flow.  His beats knocked too.  He is a legend, from his early work with KMD to his work with Madlib.  All his solo albums are amazing too.  This is easily a top 25 hip hop album, and if you don't know I encourage you to do your homework.

220px-Madvillainy_cover.png

• Like 1