Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Anyone see Active Measures yet?  Man, that was depressing to watch... but well done.   

If I am going to be 100% honest, it is not new to me. I have been following this crap for over a year now from Alpha Bank, the Mercers, Putin committing terrorism to become president, etc.

The only thing that is amazing to me is that we had senior government officials, on record, calling this out. That should be alarming.

Saying that, 100% sure many on this forum will either a) not watch it b) watch it and not care c) Never Hillary

It is terrifying and the work in Estonia, Georgia, and Ukraine are being seen in America right now with the divisiveness and lack of belief in our political system, which is what Putin wants at the end of the day.

I hope people watch it, but I don't have faith that these documentaries work.

• Like 2

@BenningRoadSkin Yeah, it wasn’t so much that it was new*, but consolidated and organized.  A reminder of just how awful and far reaching this situation is and the lack of hope it can improve.  

I’m also even more convinced that we won’t have a ‘free and fair’ election this November.  

* thanks to the awesome work of visionary

(and my wife’s obsession with all things politics)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

@BenningRoadSkin Yeah, it wasn’t so much that it was new*, but consolidated and organized.  A reminder of just how awful and far reaching this situation is and the lack of hope it can improve.  

I’m also even more convinced that we won’t have a ‘free and fair’ election this November.  

* thanks to the awesome work of visionary

(and my wife’s obsession with all things politics)

If we are going to be honest, what the Russians have done is worse and than 9/11. The public hasn’t seen it that way because the media is complicit along with the government.

This BS has stolen two Supreme Court seats. (If Dems ever get power, they will need to push update the judiciary act to pack the court)

"I'll take "things innocent people don't do," for 600, Alex."

4 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

This BS has stolen two Supreme Court seats. (If Dems ever get power, they will need to push update the judiciary act to pack the court)

Nah, no need to add seats or anything.

Just impeach Shady Brett.

There is pretty much a 0% chance he didn't do something shady with his debt.  Uncover that, and then Fortas his shady ass.

In fact, I think we should just start thst hashtag, #ShadyBrett.

Rolls off the tongue nicely.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:
Nah, no need to add seats or anything.

Just impeach Shady Brett.

There is pretty much a 0% chance he didn't do something shady with his debt.  Uncover that, and then Fortas his shady ass.

In fact, I think we should just start thst hashtag, #ShadyBrett.

Rolls off the tongue nicely.

What will they impeach him on? Also they need 66 senate votes to impeach a judge. 

You all keep operating as if things will go back to normal. They can’t won’t.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

What will they impeach him on? Also they need 66 senate votes to impeach a judge. 

You all keep operating as if things will go back to normal. They can’t won’t.

Get his documents and examine how he managed to get out of debt faster than anyone making his salary ought to have.  Very likely something shady went down there.

Impeachment is also only gonna need a majority in the house, conviction in the Senate is harder though, as you say.

But that's not necessarily going to be required.  If Brett is found to have committed impeachable offenses, and is impeached but not able to be convicted, that stain may still be sufficient to force a resignation.  It will, at a minimum, basically make every 5-4 decision where he's a deciding vote questionable as far as precedent goes.  It's a lot easier to overturn a prior court decision when one of the votes was cast by a justice who was impeached for good cause but not removed due to politics (and another put in place by a Russian asset president).

Further, that's to say nothing of if some of his actions to get out of debt were less than legal.  An actual criminal act would go a long way towards pushing him out.

Probably one of the biggest causes of the systemic rot we're seeing is a failure to crack down on white collar crime.  It's absolutely rampant, primarily because we just turned a blind eye for so long.

But when something organically comes to light, and a thread is uncovered, enforcers might actually tug at it, whereas without that uncovering they might have just sat on it.

Dems should, if they take the house, immediately get all Brett's documents and comb through them very carefully.

And the funny thing is, it's not even a partisan witch hunt at that point, it's just doing the basic due diligence on his records and background that the GOP refuses to allow to happen.

If something unsavory is in there, oh well, let the FinCen death robot take care of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yay. 

More people working on a list of who the Dems should impeach on a party-line vote, the instant they gain a sliver of power. 

I mean, maybe they should do less impeachable stuff in the open and expect Republicans to protect them indefinitely.

Like, just because the media is too overwhelmed and/or distracted to report on every wildly norm-breaking impeachable thing happening and the GOP isn't investigating doesn't mean they aren't happening.

The key is just to make sure the groundwork is laid appropriately.  Investigate.  Find the improprieties.  Confirm the improprieties.  Then impeach.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

He was literally running for President in this time frame.

So, Trump is attempting to defend himself by claiming that the FBI was investigating him, not for being Republican, but for being a Putin loyalist. 

• Haha 1