Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I'm sorry, but nobody sitting in that office is above the law. If you committed a serious crime you need to be removed.

While I do agree with you, I wonder where the line should be. To use extreme examples, should a sitting president be able to be charged with murder?  What about jaywalking?  Again, extreme examples but where is the line?

35 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

While I do agree with you, I wonder where the line should be. To use extreme examples, should a sitting president be able to be charged with murder?  What about jaywalking?  Again, extreme examples but where is the line?

Wasnt a previous president charged with being drunk in public while drunkenly walking around DC? 

I think it’s counter to everything the founders intended this country to be if they put the constitution in place with protections allowing one person to be above the law 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wasnt a previous president charged with being drunk in public while drunkenly walking around DC? 

I think it’s counter to everything the founders intended this country to be if they put the constitution in place with protections allowing one person to be above the law 

You are thinking of Pierce.  

I agree a president shouldn't be above the law.  I also don't think his/her time should be tied up frivolous charges either.  I admit I don't know where the line should be.

Consider what would happen when the next Dem president takes office.

• Like 1

His time shouldn’t be taken up with fictitious charges. A Jaywalking ticket isn’t going to take up any time.

And Democrats should not be afraid of charging Trump with very real crimes because the Republicans might bring frivolous / fictional allegations against a future dem President. You already know that they’re going to do that.

• Thanks 1

High crimes = felonies

Misdemeanors = misdemeanors

Those are the standards for impeachment, correct? 

The more I think, the more I support impeachment hearings. Let it all come out. They will run into the 2020 election season and will likely disrupt and put Republicans on notice about where they stand on this issue. 

I say let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Where re they getting this Falwell three-way stuff? I didn't see anything in the article that says there was a sexual relationship involved.

Yeah I was wondering too. Living 5 minutes from LU for the last 15 years, I’m giddy with anticipation of being able to lock myself in my room for a couple of hours over the pleasures of LU and Falwell Jr going down. 

• Like 1