Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

19 minutes ago, Larry said:

News flash.  They are the press.  

That pesky constitution applies to people you don't like.  

News flash: says who? 

That pesky Constitution didn't seem to have a problem with the Fairness Doctrine for the 40 years it was in effect. You know, before your boy Reagan scrapped it and paved the way for Fox News. 

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Not boycott FOX News... boycott FOX. Regular old FOX. No more Bob's Burgers. No more Empire. No more Lucifer or Prison Break or whatever other crap is on.

The hell they are.

That's a long bumper sticker. Can't we just come up with something better? Like "Save Fox From Sputnik" "the Manchurian Network" "Hannity works for Putin" 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

I mentioned earlier my issues with Fox, but I had (and will still have) trouble articulating them.  

A lot of it comes from times when someone says "Fox said...", when it should be made clear that "a tv personality on Fox said... yada yada".  I mean, hell, even the WAPO gets wrongly used at times when it clearly says "opinion" (when apt).  

I just think that any 'news' platform should catch flak when they further conspiracy theories, ignore/mistreat major items, etc.  

Edited by skinny21

37 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I mentioned earlier my issues with Fox, but I had (and will still have) trouble articulating them.

Lemme help you...

They are a propaganda machine driven by political interests, devoid of any commitment to journalism ethics or standards.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

lol...I'm a noob here still...some of y'all been hollerin' at each other for more than a decade:ols:

Hard to believe.  People have come and gone but this place is still my fav part of the internet.  Even the fact that it's not as fun as it used to be and more driven by politics and social issues.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I accept that.  Thanks.

See GOPers, this is how it's done! When someone shows you factual evidence that demonstrates that what you thought is incorrect you change what you think to correspond to the factual evidence. 

It should be said that you do NOT make up absurd conspiracy theories that claim that Snopes is a Liberal propaganda website hellbent on promoting the "libreral agenda" by making up lies about GOP claims.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

lol...I'm a noob here still...some of y'all been hollerin' at each other for more than a decade:ols:

Holy crap... I just realized that I fit that description!

Thankfully, I'm relatively new to the Tailgate, so most of my sanity's intact.  

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/trump-jrs-russia-meeting-sure-sounds-like-a-russian-intelligence-operation/2017/07/14/5f7f3dfe-6762-11e7-9928-22d00a47778f_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-e%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.b22a83dce8be

This is an Interesting article written by somebody with a resume that should merit attention. Rolf Mowatt-Larssen is the director of the Intelligence and Defense Project at Harvard’s Belfer Center. He served for three years as director of intelligence and counterintelligence at the Department of Energy and for 23 years as a CIA intelligence officer in domestic and international posts.

I note the opinion matches what I have heard from others who work for No Such Agency (NSA). Taking the meeting was the crime because of what it signaled.  I read this and think about the article from the other week about the death of expertise.

Edited by gbear
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

News flash: says who? 

That pesky Constitution didn't seem to have a problem with the Fairness Doctrine for the 40 years it was in effect. You know, before your boy Reagan scrapped it and paved the way for Fox News. 

MY boy Reagan. 

Dang. Express the opinion that censorship is bad, and suddenly people are certain who I voted for, near 40 years ago. 

For your information, from time to time (although not at present), I have been known to be a card carrying member of the ACLU. 

• Like 1