Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Redskins outside linebackers coach Greg Manusky will interview for the vacant defensive coordinator's position on Tuesday, according to multiple sources. The Redskins interviewed Rob Ryan on Monday and will also talk with Jason Tarver on Thursday. They've also interviewed Gus Bradley and Mike Pettine. Manusky was a defensive coordinator for three different teams: Indianapolis, San Francisco and San Diego. The Redskins have said all along that they want to take their time on this hire and interview "seven to eight" candidates.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

@Rich_TandlerCSN John Pagano from the Chargers is the redskins new DC per source.

@Phillip03514329 And you found this out where?

@Rich_TandlerCSN @Phillip03514329 Whooaaaa . Never, ever did I report this! John Pagano is on their list & could meet with them is all I reported. Where did u get that?

Today is officially John Pagano rumor day. Celebrate John Pagano rumor day!

@Rich_TandlerCSN his account appears to have been created solely to tweet about John Pagano. Look at it. It's awesome

@dcsportsbog I guess it's proof that everyone has a fan club, even if it has only one member.

To clear up something: Someone is running to reporters saying that I reported John Pagano is new #Redskins DC. NO! Here's the deal (1/2).

This is what I reported on @MonSportsNet about John Pagano & the #Redskins. Very clear I did not say he had job. https://www.dchotread.com/2017/01/16/rob-ryan-manusky-tarver-pagano 

Speaking of Betty White, how are her defensive coordinating skills? Can't be any worse than Rob Ryan

Reminder, as reported Monday, here's what's on tap in Redskins DC quest. Today: Greg Manusky interview. Thursday: Jason Tarver interview.

Mike Jones Retweeted Master Tesfatsion

Story from yesterday. And today, they're interviewing Greg Manusky, source confirms. @john_keim first had Manusky interview, I believe.

Like how Tomlin handled AB issue. I'd say I'd love to play 4 a guy like Tomlin, but then I'd be killed & he'd be fired. So it wouldn't work.

"Foolish, Selfish, inconsiderate!" -Mike T on AB. So Steeler fans, tell me how I'm wrong again!

Diane Chesebrough Retweeted Adam Caplan

If Dan Snyder sees this, would he try to steal him away from the Texans? That is a move I would endorse

Diane Chesebrough added,

Adam Caplan @caplannfl
#Texans DC Romeo Crennel's contract is set to expire next Tuesday (1/24), source confirmed. HC Bill O'Brien said he wants him back.
1 reply 1 retweet 3 likes

Mike Tomlin not coddling a star player. Very strong public denouncement of Antonio Brown's decision to make locker room video.

Romeo Crennel contract expiring next Tuesday must be why Redskins have held off on the DC hire. They must have promised him a good payday.

Mark Bullock Retweeted Adam Caplan

Don't see how #Redskins could tempt him away from the talent he has in Houston. Maybe one of his assistants wants a promotion...?

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Based on what Im seeing about their candidates....it looks like we really really need Rex Ryan to agree to not go into broadcasting

From the OP: 

First, let's talk about what this thread is going to be from here on out. Most will recall that the reason we shut down the twitter thread this season was because it became an all-encompassing mega thread that dominated the board and stifled discussion outside of it. 

That is NOT happening, again. How, you might ask? 

Well, we're going to be super strict about discussions on hot topics that either have threads or deserve new ones being discussed here. Really, anything Redskins/Football related that'd normally be discussed within The Stadium will no longer be allowed to be discussed here. 

Any of that will immediately result in a 48 hour posting restriction and further violations will potentially garner worse penalties. There will be no warnings outside of the verbal ones you find within this thread.

Now, this doesn't mean any and all discussion here isn't allowed. Some of the "whatnot" and more minor stuff will inevitably lead to posts here, but we want this thread to be almost exclusively tweets that people can roll through, with just a few posts here and there commenting on the minor stuff that's without a thread or undeserving of one. 

So, for example, a tweet mentions the defensive coordinator search and you'd like to comment on it? What do you do? Take it to the numerous threads on the matter, PERIOD. 

How about a tweet from some random player talking about their offseason vacation in Dubai and you'd like to comment about the time you spent there? Sure, have at it. 

If you have any doubt or are unsure if the topic is being discussed elsewhere, avoid posting. Err on the side of caution, as the Mods will be swift with the penalties here to ensure everyone gets it. It's that simple. DO NOT turn this into a thread where discussions, arguments, or debates are had. 

Ok, everyone, twitter thread has been open now for about 9 days. Once we hit the two week mark we're going to start penalizing and it won't be just a warning here any longer. 

I think most understand what we're looking for at this point.

For instance, looking at recent examples... that post from Llevron telling Hap he wants to be like him? That's perfectly fine. This post here from Peregrine relating to the defensive coordinator search? That's a no no. 

Thanks. :) 

Archived