Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Confirming that #Skins spoke to John Pagano Wed re their DC job. search in its second week with more candidates due to interview

Former San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano met with the Redskins about their vacant defensive... http://es.pn/2iQ2dM1 

As our @Russellmania621 noted was likely, John Pagano did interview w/ #Redskins on Wednesday for d-coordinator spot. @john_keim had it 1st

Former San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano met with the Redskins about their vacant defensive coordinator position. Pagano was at the facility Wednesday. The Redskins fired Joe Barry two weeks ago. They met with Jason Tarver today and are scheduled to meet with Dennis Thurman as well. Chris Russell from 106.7 The Fan had reported earlier this week that the Redskins would meet with him.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=crop John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Ricky Jean Francois @Freakyjean99 10h10 hours ago

TrentWilliams made the all NFC team,First team probowl and he graded out the highest in the NFL, but didn't make first team all pro. Wuzup!

John Keim @john_keim 8h8 hours ago

John Keim Retweeted Andy Pollin

Best of luck to Andy. Quite a ride here. Very tough to do on the air. Airwaves won't be the same without him.

John Keim added,

Andy Pollin @andypollin1
The greatest ride of my life has ended. Two months short of 25 years, I have not been renewed and have just done my last show at @espn980

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 37m37 minutes ago

Need to Know: Is the #Redskins’ defensive coordinator search (finally) coming to a conclusion? #RedskinsTalk  read it in BRBN

Michael David Smith @MichaelDavSmith 17m17 minutes ago

I can't imagine Vikings keeping Adrian Peterson unless he takes a big pay cut. He's about to be 32 and averaged 1.9 yards a carry in 2016.

Pro Football Focus @PFF 23m23 minutes ago

Top-graded TEs in the NFL

C2nJojQWQAA5nmw.jpg

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 45m45 minutes ago

"I've heard that the organization was not impressed with (Pettine's) interview."

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 14m14 minutes ago

How are the Redskins protecting their players? The team's doctor stopped by Redskins Nation to explain. http://bit.ly/2iYOx4H 

C2nMpBsXAAAM6XR.jpg

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 20s21 seconds ago

Bill Callahan is happy right where he is on the #Redskins staff. read it in BRBN

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1m1 minute ago

The search goes on as the #Redskins interview another ex-Chargers defensive coordinator. #RedskinsTalk

John Keim @john_keim 22m22 minutes ago

John Keim Retweeted John Keim

Doubt he falls here. Know Skins want DL 1st. With Cravens moving there not sure Skins view as needing to take S high. But: BPA theory.

John Keim added,

John Keim @john_keim
Mel Kiper Jr.'s first mock provides surprising help for Redskins.. if good DL would expect that. But I like this http://es.pn/2iPuYZf 

Redskins Gold Pants @SkinsGoldPants 4m4 minutes ago

@john_keim Feels like they'd take the BPA out of DL/LB/S at that spot.

Zesty NFL Redskins @zesty_redskins 27m27 minutes ago

C2oBG6kXcAAfNuM.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 22m22 minutes ago

John Keim Retweeted John Keim

Doubt he falls here. Know Skins want DL 1st. With Cravens moving there not sure Skins view as needing to take S high. But: BPA theory.

John Keim added,

John Keim @john_keim
Mel Kiper Jr.'s first mock provides surprising help for Redskins.. if good DL would expect that. But I like this http://es.pn/2iPuYZf 
8 replies 0 retweets 5 likes

Everybody's working and I'm just happy to be here lol ?#EnjoyTheMoments #Jordan11shttps://www.instagram.com/p/BPfgomOAxeF/ 

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 23m23 minutes ago

#Ravens LB Zach Orr says he was “kind of forced to walk away” after a neck condition was revealed thanks to an MRI on a herniated disc

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 21s21 seconds ago

Paul Conner Retweeted Burgundy Blog

Kidding aside, also first year coach aspect. Longer leash. Jay Gruden has already fired 2 DC, possible lame duck himself

Paul Conner added,

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog
Indeed it would be tough to explain him choosing SF over WAS strictly by available talent. https://twitter.com/jrr0206/status/822478447167598597 

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows 6m6 minutes ago

Matt Barrows Retweeted Alex Marvez

Bradley has a son who will be high school senior QB in Jacksonville in the fall. A complicating issue.

Matt Barrows added,

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
FWIW - I think league buzz I'm hearing about Gus Bradley potentially becoming @49ers DC under Kyle Shanahan would make a lot of sense.

Pro Football Rumors @pfrumors 1m1 minute ago

PFR's Top 3 Offseason Needs series continues. The defensive line and secondary loom as issues for the #Redskins http://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/01/top-3-offseason-needs-washington-redskins 

C2oLGcjXgAEHiRq.jpg

John Keim @john_keim 13m13 minutes ago

What's clear to me: It's not just the next DC the Redskins hire that is key; it's the staff he also hires. Crucial.

John Keim @john_keim 17m17 minutes ago

Have time for a weekend mailbag. need 1 strong question (not, for ex: what is the DC update?). Tweet away. Plz use #jkredskins. thanks

Zach Orr retiring, that's another young guy with talent going away from the game. That sucks. Reminds me of Kyshoen or Chris Borland retiring after just one year...

League should dig into those kind of stuffs.

9 minutes ago, HapHaszard said:

John Keim @john_keim 17m17 minutes ago

Have time for a weekend mailbag. need 1 strong question (not, for ex: what is the DC update?). Tweet away. Plz use #jkredskins. thanks

Who's replacing Mike Clark? j/k

Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan underwent surgery to clean up "loose bodies" in his left elbow, he said via text. It was considered minor surgery and will result in a six- to eight-week rehab period. Kerrigan had to opt out of the Pro Bowl because of the injury. He injured his elbow in the Dec. 19 loss to Carolina.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fkeim_john_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 23m23 minutes ago

Per @ThePhillyVoice, the #Redskins 1st round picks since 2010 if Mel Kiper's initial mocks were perfect: (I think we all prefer reality)

Joel Corry @corryjoel 2m2 minutes ago

103 players declaring early for the NFL draft means at least 25-30 made a mistake. Roughly 30% won't get drafted.

Archived