Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

#Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn on hiring a defensive coordinator: "We hope to have that wrapped up in the next few days."

Should note too that Lynn said in his intro presser that they are going to interview Gus Bradley again today.

.@corryjoel last night on #DMVGameTime on what the parameters of a long-term deal with Kirk Cousins would look like

C2Zwo2NXEAMLxAN.jpg

Sean McVay: No question Kirk Cousins can keep improving

During an interview with ESPN 980 in Washington, McVay called Cousins someone you can “absolutely win a championship with” and said he thinks that Cousins will continue to move up the ladder of NFL quarterbacks in the years to come.

“I don’t think there’s any question in my mind,” McVay said. “Look at his body of work the last two years. These guys are great players and they have a long resume. They’ve accumulated that experience and gone through things good and bad. Anytime you look at someone who is successful at anything, one thing they’ve had to do is overcome some adversity. It’s an inevitable part of this game, but it’s something when you look at Kirk over the course of his career and through his life, he continually responded to challenges in a way that makes you believe in him.”

Derek Carr uses Twitter to help find missing child

The social-media platform known as Twitter can be used for plenty of good things, and for plenty of not-so-good things.

Here’s one very good thing for which it recently was used: A retweet from Raiders quarterback Derek Carr of a message aimed at finding a missing boy resulted in a reply with information that helped police find him.

It’s a reminder of the potency of the device. Carr, with more than 247,000 followers, clicked a button and performed a significant service for his fellow man.

Meanwhile . . . . Never mind.

#Redskins interviewed Greg Manusky for the defensive coordinator position today.

The #Redskins announce that they have interviewed Greg Manusky today for the defensive coordinator position.

John Keim Retweeted Chris Jackson

I can confirm Zorn will not be the next Def coordinator in Washington.

John Keim added,

Chris Jackson @NatinalFever
@john_keim the last time this happened we ended up with Zorn

The Greg Manusky interview is over as the team has announced. On to Jason Tarver on Thursday.

4 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Ok, everyone, twitter thread has been open now for about 9 days. Once we hit the two week mark we're going to start penalizing and it won't be just a warning here any longer. 

I think most understand what we're looking for at this point.

For instance, looking at recent examples... that post from Llevron telling Hap he wants to be like him? That's perfectly fine. This post here from Peregrine relating to the defensive coordinator search? That's a no no. 

Thanks. :) 

My B, rules are long and boring to read :-)

Chad Ryan Retweeted Adam Schefter

If you're still in the camp that wants Gus Bradley as #Redskins DC, the 49ers hiring Kyle Shanahan is a positive thing.

Chad Ryan added,

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
49ers plan to offer their HC job to Falcons' OC Kyle Shanahan whenever Atlanta’s season ends, sources tell ESPN. Willing to wait for him.

Of course Sean McVay is saying very flattering things about Kirk Cousins. He now realizes his quarterback is Jared Goof.

How badly do #Redskins need to invest on defensive side of the ball? Last 1st round pick on a defensive player was Ryan Kerrigan in 2011.

Redskins scouts had formal interviews with UM RB De'Veon Smith, CB Channing Stribiling and Auburn WR Tony Stevens today at E-W Shrine pract.

why Sean McVay is convinced Kirk Cousins will keep improving  Read it in BRBN ESPN

"I think they need to stop this search and hire Manusky, in my opinion" @MDOTADAMS20 a big fan of Manusky... went to 2 Pro Bowls under him

.@MDOTADAMS20 on Manusky's time with the Colts, "He simplified the defense and allowed us to play fast." #DMVGameTime

Mark Bullock Retweeted Liz Clarke

Good, Callahan's focus best saved for OLine in my opinion. Allows him to continue to develop you guys like Scherff, Moses, Long.

Mark Bullock added,

Liz Clarke @lizclarketweet
Happy coaching #Skins OLine on Gruden's staff, Bill Callahan not seeking team's OC job https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/01/17/redskins-assistant-bill-callahan-not-seeking-teams-offensive-coordinator-job/?utm_term=.5f1f20939a0b 

#49ers announce coaching search narrows down to #Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan or long time team custodial engineer Earl Filbert

Need to Know: Some midweek #Redskins topics including: —Numbers add up to more wins —Return to 4-3? —Cousins to SF?  read it in BRBN

So Mike Tyson dropped a music video. Big deal. I just dropped today’s Need to Know on Real #Redskins

Chad Ryan Retweeted Michael Silver

Late night news with #Redskins implications; - Kyle LOVES Kirk - Gus Bradley won't be in SF

Chad Ryan added,

Michael Silver @MikeSilver
According to sources familiar with both parties, it is almost certain that Kyle Shanahan will accept the 49ers' multi-year offer to be HC

Archived