Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

51 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

Well that sux about Wade..thought for sure we would have the advantage with his son here..meh who needs the father son combo any who..haha

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I really think our next OC is already in the  building. It's Jay's offense, with some leftover remnants of Shanahan's. Jay will probably take back playcalling, and everyone in the building already knows the terminology and the playbook. Why bring in someone new to shake it all up when one of Kirk's biggest strengths is his familiarity with Jay's offense.

The D staff is going to see some big shakeups but the offensive coaches will be nearly the same imo. 

2 hours ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

Here's what it sounds like to me......Bradley was here thinking he was going to take the job and then found out that Lynn was probably going to get the Chargers job and will probably go there instead......Then McVay gets Rams job.....now Skins are scrambling trying to get Wade to interview before he goes to LA.

Snyder needs to step in and offer Wade $$$$$

2 hours ago, SkinsPassion4Life said:

By the way, if I'm Wade; there's no way I come here unless it's more money than others offering.....Gruden has disrespected him enough.

2 hours ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Things moving fast ... McVey goes to LA ... takes Cousins ... Gruden gets fired ... Callahan made new HC.

Skins sign Romo.

Getting tired of posting this, fellas... getting close to no more warnings here and just penalizing as stated in the OP. I know the news is exciting right now but there are threads for these discussions to take place. 

Again, from the OP (please read in its entirety): 

First, let's talk about what this thread is going to be from here on out. Most will recall that the reason we shut down the twitter thread this season was because it became an all-encompassing mega thread that dominated the board and stifled discussion outside of it. 

That is NOT happening, again. How, you might ask? 

Well, we're going to be super strict about discussions on hot topics that either have threads or deserve new ones being discussed here. Really, anything Redskins/Football related that'd normally be discussed within The Stadium will no longer be allowed to be discussed here. 

Any of that will immediately result in a 48 hour posting restriction and further violations will potentially garner worse penalties. There will be no warnings outside of the verbal ones you find within this thread.

Now, this doesn't mean any and all discussion here isn't allowed. Some of the "whatnot" and more minor stuff will inevitably lead to posts here, but we want this thread to be almost exclusively tweets that people can roll through with just a few posts here and there commenting on the minor stuff without a thread. 

So, for example, a tweet mentions the defensive coordinator search and you'd like to comment on it? What do you do? Take it to the numerous threads on the matter, PERIOD. 

How about a tweet from some random player talking about their offseason vacation in Dubai and you'd like to comment about the time you spent there? Sure, have at it. 

If you have any doubt or are unsure if the topic is being discussed elsewhere, avoid posting. Err on the side of caution, as the Mods will be swift with the penalties here to ensure everyone gets it. It's that simple. DO NOT turn this into a thread where discussions, arguments, or debates are had. 

41 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Getting tired of posting this, fellas... getting close to no more warnings here and just penalizing as stated in the OP. I know the news is exciting right now but there are threads for these discussions to take place. 

Again, from the OP (please read in its entirety): 

If I may, perhaps, venture a simplification: If you have any question whether you should post a comment here, don't.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Quick question, how do you embed twitter links into posts?

Depends if you're on mobile or desktop... but either way you're going to click on the "menu" icon (top right little icon of an arrow pointing down on mobile, three dots on the bottom right on desktop) for that tweet and then copy the link for it. Once you do that, all you have to do is paste it here. 

That simple. 

11 minutes ago, campfodder said:

Why can't we keep a similar thread during the season?

If this little experiment ends well and it doesn't become a mega thread that encompasses too much discussion, there's no reason why not. 

So far it's still up in the air, though. I've had to issue many verbal warnings to halt potential discussions that should be taking place in other threads. None of us Mods want to deal with that during the season when the traffic is crazy. 

Archived