Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Here's what it sounds like to me......Bradley was here thinking he was going to take the job and then found out that Lynn was probably going to get the Chargers job and will probably go there instead......Then McVay gets Rams job.....now Skins are scrambling trying to get Wade to interview before he goes to LA.

Snyder needs to step in and offer Wade $$$$$

Chargers now in contract negotiations to make former Bills interim HC Anthony Lynn their next HC, per team source. SD trying to get it done.

John Keim Retweeted Anthony Armstrong

Yet Some harp on fade routes.

John Keim added,

Anthony Armstrong @MrArmstrong13
Rams got a stellar young mind in #McVay dude really gets it and puts in the work. Stats show from time as OC in Washington #rams

John Keim Retweeted Carol Maloney

What I know: Broncos want to keep him and are making a big push; McVay wants him in LA. We'll see if this interview is kept.

John Keim added,

Carol Maloney @carolmaloney4
The #Redskins are interviewing Wade Phillips for DC tomorrow in Ashburn. More on @nbcwashington in a few mins.

#BangRadioHour flash: #Steelers LB coach Joey Porter to call presser announcing in which club he will cause a ruckus after beating #Chiefs

I'm going to be extremely grumpy if the LA Rams end up with Sean McVay and Wade Phillips, my preferred offensive and defensive coordinators.

Confirming that #Skins will interview Wade Phillips in DC tomorrow evening for DC job. 1st reported by @nbcwashington.

Son of Washington Retweeted 106.7 The Fan

As usual Mike Florio's logic is off, he said if Skins pay Kirk its dumb bc he's sub par but than says Rams should pay bc Kirk is great #HTTRNFL_Season_2016_WAS.png

Son of Washington added,

106.7 The Fan @1067theFan
"I’d be very surprised if they used the franchise tag [on Cousins]." Does McVay have something hidden up his sleeve? http://cbsloc.al/2ilCCu9 

Once Chargers get done HC deal with Anthony Lynn, it will leave 49ers as only HC-less team. Josh McDaniels, Kyle Shanahan waiting...

The #Redskins DC interviews are a lot like an episode of The Love Boat. Sure everyone that comes is a star but they never stay very long

For #Skins fans who've lost track: Wade Phillips will be 3d to interview this wk 4 DC, following Mike Pettine, Gus Bradley. Impressive cast

6 minutes ago, HapHaszard said:

Pump brakes on Wade to Washington.. Source tells Denver7 he's going there to visit family. Regardless, he will be coveted free agent

Read on twitter he's doing both -- visting family and interviewing.  Plus just about every beat reporter has confirmed the Wade visit.

1. Jerry Brewer Retweeted Liz Clarke

If they want Wade, that interview better start with offering a contract to make him highest paid DC in the game. Can't mess around.

Jerry Brewer added,

Liz Clarke @lizclarketweet
    Updating #Skins DC search: #Skins expect to meet Fri w Wade Phillips; who's believed 2b weighing Rams offer. If he takes Rams job, no mtger @lizclarketweet If they actually want him now and can't get him, isn't that what they call irony?

@JerryBrewer @lizclarketweet If they actually want him now and can't get him, isn't that what they call irony?

4 minutes ago, Nfcbeasts4721 said:

No way I can't find it anywhere else!..is this the fastest news source place or what?!?!

Everything here comes from Twitter, which makes Twitter the fastest news source. But sometimes that speed means fact-checking is sacrificed. Not this time though, unfortunately. Wade is a Ram.

Archived