Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

19 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

And there is going to be a lot of us in such a case where we would thing of SM as an idiot.

*shrug*   Which just means we're like every other NFL team. GM makes a big decision one way or another there are always gonna be fans who yell about how stupid he is. Only time will tell but Scot knows a lot more about this than you or I.

Jason Garrett:

2010: 5-3

2011: 8-8

2012:  8-8

2013: 8-8

2014: 12-4

2015: 4-12

2016: 13-3

The fan base is addicted to drama.

Continuity needs to happen unless Gruden is the reason we're losing games.

That Wade Phillips was not interested cause we don't have enough talent on defense should tell you where we're at.

5 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Ok, maybe complain and make excuses was a poor choice of words on my part. My point is that we make excuses for Kirk and the team not making the playoffs. Elite players just get the job done, regardless of how the other side of the ball is playing. Going back to Aaron, he had no run game and a defense worse than ours. They were also, what, 3 games under .500? He got the job done and carried a team that really was as undeserving as any to make the playoffs.

Again, not saying Kirk is Aaron because Aaron is in a very very exclusive group of very elite QBs, but my point is that's the difference between those that truly deserve to be paid top dollar and those that think they're worth it because "The cap is going up". 

Yet even the elite players don't do it every year. Unless you are Tom Brady in that system, elite quarterbacks fall short a good bit in this league. Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, and Matt Ryan are all great quarterbacks that have failed to carry their team at times. 

11 hours ago, Rskins06 said:

I liked Kyle, no doubt.  I always believed he would have taken over for Mike.  Agreed, Mike was bad at personnel on the Defensive side of the ball, but had they been able to convince him of a need for GM to run personnel (doubt his ego would have allowed that) could have been different.......but, not the topic so back to current program which is already in progress?

First of all before I start i just want to be clear.  I do not want to make this an RG 3 discussion but rather one about good decisions.  Mike Shananigans will never coach again in this league IMO because he made a critical error letting RG3 continue in that playoff game against Seattle.  We were up 14-0 and when he got hurt in that 3rd series he should have been pulled and that should have been the end of that.  Live to fight another day regardless of what the rookie player with the big ass ego said.  And then he should have gone with Cousin's, the guy he thought all along was better anyway....^_^ He has not gotten another chance over the years because he did not make an intelligent decision with a 21 year old rookie.  I really believe that has hurt his chances more then anything. He has never coached again since he was fired from Redskins and I believe he never will.  

Kyle IMO was a good OC.  He is showing that again in Atlanta.  Cleveland was simply a transition station for him IMO.  Coaching hell that the discarded must go through from time to time.  His father will never even get that sort of gig.  

21 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I don't see Gruden getting shipped unless he lays a giant stink bomb next season.

Everyone seems to be freaking out over coordinators, DJax/Garcon, etc.  I'm expecting a talent upgrade for us this offseason, and in turn I expect us to have a better team/season next year.  I think we're still on the upswing.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I don't see Gruden getting shipped unless he lays a giant stink bomb next season.

Everyone seems to be freaking out over coordinators, DJax/Garcon, etc.  I'm expecting a talent upgrade for us this offseason, and in turn I expect us to have a better team/season next year.  I think we're still on the upswing.

$75M and 9 draft picks better change and add a dozen new football players. 

35 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Are you serious? Please explain how you believe this? I mean I know Johnson won a ring with Tampa but he was just the bus driver. 

He is an FSU fan.

They think Jameis Winston is going to bring balance to the force.

Just now, SkinsNoles21 said:

What a dumb response. Wtf does FSU or Jameis Winston have to do with anything. 

It has to do with Seminole fans opinions on QBs....

Which is pretty accurate if you have that many greater than signs on Brad Johnson...

Am I wrong or was the evidence you provided everyone misread?

23 minutes ago, DC9 said:

He is an FSU fan.

They think Jameis Winston is going to bring balance to the force.

Please don't respond with bc Brad Johnson went to FSU. He was a four year backup at FSU during a period of time when i was 4-7 years old. 

It's because I don't think that highly of Kirk, the way he doesn't appear to think that highly of the Skins. 

Just now, DC9 said:

It has to do with Seminole fans opinions on QBs....

Which is pretty accurate if you have that many greater than signs on Brad Johnson...

Am I wrong or was the evidence you provided everyone misread?

can I get Brad in the Gruden / McVay offense with Djax Garcon Reed and Crowder or nah? 

Also - that because I went to a university and am a fan of a player logic is ignorant. 

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Jason Garrett:

2010: 5-3

2011: 8-8

2012:  8-8

2013: 8-8

2014: 12-4

2015: 4-12

2016: 13-3

The fan base is addicted to drama.

That Wade Phillips was not interested cause we don't have enough talent on defense should tell you where we're at.

@DC9 Please don't believe that bit about Wade not wanting the job because of a lack of talent on defense. It's simply not true.

1 minute ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

Please don't respond with bc Brad Johnson went to FSU. He was a four year backup at FSU during a period of time when i was 4-7 years old. 

It's because I don't think that highly of Kirk, the way he doesn't appear to think that highly of the Skins. 

So they aren't the same type of player at all then?

Just now, skinzplay said:

@DC9 Please don't believe that bit about Wade not wanting the job because of a lack of talent on defense. It's simply not true.

What's your source?

I mean... he went to Denver and they had talent.  He went to the Rams and they have talent.

He's an old man.  Does he want to spend his time out here building up a defense or go to one ready made?

35 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The Redskins have to put the non-exclusive tag on him for them to be able to offer him anything. My guess is they won't. If they do, it means they are open to the idea of losing him.

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if a non-exclusive tag happens. It would likely mean that the two sides are still pretty widely divergent on what they think Kirk is worth. They apparently were last year. All depends on if this past season has shown Scot and co. what they wanted to see or if they still have whatever reservations they had before. If they apply a non-exclusive tag they can say "ok, go see what other teams think you're worth". If some other team is willing to pay a king's ransom for him that Scot simply isn't willing to go up to then we get 2 1st round picks. If he gets no bites then he'll have to either come back to the negotiating table and they can meet somewhere in the middle or he can accept another franchise tag. It puts Kirk in a tricky situation. Take a very high paying multi-year contract (just not highest paid in the NFL) and have that stability locked up for years or sign the franchise tag and play yet another season on a 1 year deal and run the risk of things happening that would make his value plummet for the 2018 market...he could get hurt, he could stink the joint up for various reasons, who knows. 

Just now, Rattlesnake88 said:

You can not think highly of Kirk all you want but do you have a real argument for why Green and Johnson are superior?

I think very highly of our offense this past season. Before the season I read analysts drooling over our system. Our weapons are explosive. Our running game has issues, but so does the Packers. Rodgers does just fine. Not a fair comparison? Why not? Cousins wants A-Rod money.  

Have any of you read the report that states McVay was in Kirk's ear before and after the snap telling him WHERE TO THROW THE BALL. 

Does that not worry you? 

The coach we just lost to the Rams was literally in his ear telling him who to throw the ball to.

Why do I think those past QBs were better - because I think if you plug a lot of QBs into this 2016 roster - you'd get BETTER results.

Kirk puts up the numbers, yes, but his situational football awareness in key moments is so bad. 

We can blame the defense all we want, and they were super bad, but the Redskins aren't in the playoffs because they choked in the red zone in epic fashion. 

---

I'm not a Kirk hater. I have a Kirk jersey. I want him to be the guy. We need him to be the guy. 

---

My Brad and Trent arrows might have been aggressive, but where I rank others ahead of Kirk is leadership (is he a leader?) and between the shoulder pads. When the playoffs are on the line, are you going to know that you should probably look for a stud like Jamison Crowder, or you going to throw to Maurice Harris because that's what the play called for? 

Are you going to take care of the football past the 50 with a great shot to, at the very least, tie it up the game and keep the season alive, or are you going to force it, throw a pick, end the season, and then go into contract mode? 

1 hour ago, LaxBuddy21 said:

Yet even the elite players don't do it every year. Unless you are Tom Brady in that system, elite quarterbacks fall short a good bit in this league. Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, and Matt Ryan are all great quarterbacks that have failed to carry their team at times. 

Three of those have at least proven they can lead a team. If Ryan loses next week I bet there will be a lot of criticism regarding his status as an elite QB.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Three of those have at least proven they can lead a team. If Ryan loses next week I bet there will be a lot of criticism regarding his status as an elite QB.

Eh, Ryan has proven he can lead a team to playoff victories. I don't think a guy has to win a SB to prove he can be a top QB in clutch situations. 

Archived