Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The (only!) official ES all things Kirk Cousins should we shouldn't we off-season thread.

Ron78

8 minutes ago, Catatonic said:

Leave it to the Redskins to screw up a situation that should be unscrewable. 

How is it screwed up?  They have Cousins locked up for at least next year on the FT, and have exactly four months twenty-six hours and six minutes to get a long term deal done.  I'm not seeing it as screwed up, at least not yet.

3 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

How is it screwed up?  They have Cousins locked up for at least next year on the FT, and have exactly four months twenty-six hours and six minutes to get a long term deal done.  I'm not seeing it as screwed up, at least not yet.

I'm more referring to the unnecessary drama over the situation and the inability to keep the drama from becoming front and center.  

6 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

KIRK sure did ask to be traded ...thats saying he don't want to play for the Redskins :) so you can't say its very lovely in Redskin park!

From Kirk Cousins interview with Adam Schefter

On trade demand - “As Chris Mortensen reported, and I'm not really sure how it got out, I did just inquire to Mr. Snyder and Bruce Allen if there was any interest in trading me just to try to get an understanding of their perspective, and the answer I got back was Mr. Synder communicated his belief in me and his desire for me to remain a Redskin, and his desire to help me by surrounding the quarterback with all the players and coaches that you need to succeed. That's the kind of message you want to hear from the owner of your team, so it was a very positive conversation in the sense that he spoke belief in me and really affirmed me and my role, and I felt wanted by him and by the team coming away from the call.”

“Then I'm at a shoe store later that day after Chris Mortensen and the guy fitting my wife for shoes say's, I heard you demanded a trade - and I laughed and I thought I don't know where that comes from because I just called them and asked them where their perspective was and where they were coming from; I just wanted to communicate,so that's kind of where that went, and it can get twisted to where an employee at a store is using the word demand, but that's certainly not the approach that I took.”

6 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

From Kirk Cousins interview with Adam Schefter

On trade demand - “As Chris Mortensen reported, and I'm not really sure how it got out, I did just inquire to Mr. Snyder and Bruce Allen if there was any interest in trading me just to try to get an understanding of their perspective, and the answer I got back was Mr. Synder communicated his belief in me and his desire for me to remain a Redskin, and his desire to help me by surrounding the quarterback with all the players and coaches that you need to succeed. That's the kind of message you want to hear from the owner of your team, so it was a very positive conversation in the sense that he spoke belief in me and really affirmed me and my role, and I felt wanted by him and by the team coming away from the call.”

“Then I'm at a shoe store later that day after Chris Mortensen and the guy fitting my wife for shoes say's, I heard you demanded a trade - and I laughed and I thought I don't know where that comes from because I just called them and asked them where their perspective was and where they were coming from; I just wanted to communicate,so that's kind of where that went, and it can get twisted to where an employee at a store is using the word demand, but that's certainly not the approach that I took.”

well i hope this is truly the case and if so its good news in my book!

If Allen and Snyder does not sign Kurt long term after what happened with Scott mc! My o my!!! I have been Dealing with Giants fans litterly everyday and they have just stopped talking smack and laughing at me. they feel pity in me for having an idiot who got rid of scot. And I tell them if I were Mara knowing how bad they hate eachother I would inform the NFL that the skins gm wasn't at the combine and ensure that they get fined! Why there is a rule synder and Allen didn't follow! 

Furhermore, I will never ever ever! Forget what Cooley did and blabbing about a personal issue regarding a skins personnel. There is an unwritten rule in life , that you don't cross that line and disrespect. He did it! Shame on him and I hope Scott sues the hell out of him! 

Second, how do you lie and say someone dies in the family yet do our "" real gm dirty and fire him and do it in a manner that's classless. Gotta say I'm not the only skins fan around in the New York area that feels the same way. You've pissed us off synder and Allen like one can never imagine. Trust!!! And I mean trust, many of us are never forgetting. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18905012/kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-says-reached-owner-dan-snyder-understand-team-direction

Well after reading this article it looks more like Kirk is being greedy and he is taken full advantage of the TAG rules. I just hope he does realize it takes many good players to win the SB and the more $$$ he hogs the less in the kiddy. Kirk likes to read and watch what the other great QB'S do he may want to see how Brady doesn't break the bank with his contracts :) 

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Today we heard it from Cousins himself on Schefter's podcast talking about his face to face with Snyder, and Snyder basically telling him that a trade is out of the picture.

And now we have people speculating that there is a possible trade to Cleveland.

Was there some news that I missed today or is this just the media media'ing?

Just like the media how else would an ES member increase their posts count...lol

11 minutes ago, hailmary said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18905012/kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-says-reached-owner-dan-snyder-understand-team-direction

Well after reading this article it looks more like Kirk is being greedy and he is taken full advantage of the TAG rules. I just hope he does realize it takes many good players to win the SB and the more $$$ he hogs the less in the kiddy. Kirk likes to read and watch what the other great QB'S do he may want to see how Brady doesn't break the bank with his contracts :) 

The FO ****ed up last year and put him in this position so now he can take his boss for a ride over a barrel. There is nothing wrong with that. Anyone smart would do that too. ;) 

1 minute ago, hailmary said:

MAYBE but I believe he understands you can't rape the piggy bank of the organization and get the quality of players it takes to win.

Except the Redskins have money even after paying him. You still have to build through the draft and add key players in the FA. Just a thought. ;)

1 minute ago, zskins said:

The FO ****ed up last year and put him in this position so now he can take his boss for a ride over a barrel. There is nothing wrong with that. Anyone smart would do that too. ;) 

Not sure you can just blame the FO?(not sticking up for our FO by no means ) Kirk says it himself in article its the CBA that has created this......

1 minute ago, hailmary said:

Not sure you can just blame the FO?(not sticking up for our FO by no means ) Kirk says it himself in article its the CBA that has created this......

Kirk also said he was fine to let the market decide his value, but at least our FO isn't quite that dumb

9 minutes ago, zskins said:

Except the Redskins have money even after paying him. You still have to build through the draft and add key players in the FA. Just a thought. ;)

Not sure I understand your point here? The more cap space the more you can spend on these things...right? 

2 minutes ago, hailmary said:

Not sure I understand your point here? The more cap space the more you can spend on these things...right? 

Not sure you why you don't understand what I said. You want more cap space so you can go on a spending frenzy and not build through the draft?

Just now, zskins said:

Not sure you why you don't understand what I said. You want more cap space so you can go on a spending frenzy and not build through the draft?

not necessarily at all,  just saying why not be responsible with our cap space this leaves more options to better our team. 

4 hours ago, Morneblade said:

And it's the only thing you're commenting on. The only thing you seem to care about. Do you see ANYTHING else going on? You know we lost our GM last week RIGHT?

I am exceptionally aware that we lost our GM last week. I haven't been commenting on it on here much at all because the whole situation makes me so sick that I would either go off the deep end when posting about it and end up getting in trouble or I would just end up depressed. 

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

5 minutes ago, hailmary said:

not necessarily at all,  just saying why not be responsible with our cap space this leaves more options to better our team. 

Did Kirk not say he wanted to be the Spurs of the NFL? Does he forget the big 3 keep their contracts in check and never created any negative waves for the organization. So my question to you is Kirk practicing what he preaches?

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I am exceptionally aware that we lost our GM last week. I haven't been commenting on it on here much at all because the whole situation makes me so sick that I would either go off the deep end when posting about it and end up getting in trouble or I would just end up depressed. 

Well, I'm glad you're aware. Thoughts on the Pryor signing? Letting JDjax and Garcon go? Baker in Tampa? Do we need to get on RS1 and get Hankins in here? Thoughts on the draft?

Honestly thought, I'd rather see you blow your gasket over GMSM than another Cousins post. At least that would be different. :kickcan:

16 minutes ago, hailmary said:

Did Kirk not say he wanted to be the Spurs of the NFL? Does he forget the big 3 keep their contracts in check and never created any negative waves for the organization. So my question to you is Kirk practicing what he preaches?

I am not into basketball anymore (like in the last 25 years) so I don't know anything about the Spurs and what they did.

Let me explain this way: Kirk said on the radio he is NOT greedy but he still wants what is fair to him and his peers. Really don't see how that is Kirk being greedy. If the FO doesn't know how to manage their cap space that is NOT on Kirk.

Does an employee take a pay cut so your boss can hire someone else to help you or you let that be your boss's problem. Think about it. 

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

I am not into basketball anymore (like in the last 25 years) so I don't know anything about the Spurs and what they did.

Let me explain this way: Kirk said on the radio he is NOT greedy but he still wants what is fair to him and his peers. Really don't see how that is Kirk being greedy. If the FO doesn't know how to manage their cap space that is NOT on Kirk.

Does an employee take a pay cut so your boss can hire someone else to help you or you let that be your boss's problem. Think about it. 

With this logic, no player in the NFL history can be characterized as greedy. Fundamentally there's nothing wrong with what Kirk is doing, it's just not common place for a QB to be in this position. Whether that's his or the organizations fault is unknown.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Actually when talking in the millions of $$$$$  it happens quite often, i.e.. CEO's take these types of pay cuts to hire more employees in many cases.

The real deal comes right from Kirk ....This entire process from a contractual standpoint has been framed by the franchise tag rules, Cousins told Schefter

So until that system of the tag is removed from the equation or from the collective bargaining agreement altogether, that will frame the entirety of my agent's approach."

Archived