Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Should have pulled him after the infield hit.... 

Agreed. Wtf. If the bullpen screws up again, so be it, but you have to get your pitcher out of there

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

so u guys like pulling pitchers after 1 hit during a near perfect game? lets forget about that ****ty throw to 1st. or our hitters taking a game off

After the no hitter was broken up, that should be it. I think after that its about watching pitch count and trying to win the game. Its not Max's fault, he just was out of gas, abd a fresh arm was needed

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah but that sequence easily could've been avoided. Its one thing to simply get beat, but they beat themselves late with mistakes

i hear ya. they wouldve won without those mistakes, no doubt. im just saying that poor hitting needs to be added to the list of reasons why they lost.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah but that sequence easily could've been avoided. Its one thing to simply get beat, but they beat themselves late with mistakes

This is going to happen from time to time, let alone when you've played 29 games in 30 days, including a west-coast trip, thanks to stupid interleague

Well at the very least with the off day tomorrow, Scherzer basically bought the bullpen two days off.

I think after the all-star break we should consider Scherzer/Stras/Gio skipping a start here and there to keep them fresh for October. We have such a huge division lead and I don't care at all about going for home field advantage(which matters less in baseball than any other sport).

21 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Well at the very least with the off day tomorrow, Scherzer basically bought the bullpen two days off.

I think after the all-star break we should consider Scherzer/Stras/Gio skipping a start here and there to keep them fresh for October. We have such a huge division lead and I don't care at all about going for home field advantage(which matters less in baseball than any other sport).

I agree they should be skipped a couple of times down the stretch--especially with such a large lead--but the hand wringing over Max's pitch-count is out of control on Twitter. He's averaging about 3-4 more pitches per start than last year.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:26 PM, Warhead36 said:

that will easily happen when Sept arrives and we can go to a 6 man rotation. 

4 hours ago, Bacon said:

Their pitching blows. I could see them being a legit threat after a deadline and an offseason, but the only NL East team beating the Nationals in 2017 is the Nationals.

Everyone actually acts like any of the other teams in the division can play a 600 ball the rest of the way.  if someone wants to surpass, they will need to play 700 ball for a significant period 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They will be back. It was inevitable.

The crazy thing is the Mets. Harvey is finished, who the hell knows what Syndergaard will be when he gets back.... And of course Hits. The Mets really screwed themselves

This is the Mets history though. They're like cicadas, they pop up every decade or so to annoy the crap out of everyone, and then die off quickly, not to be seen. 

Just about every 10 years they have a run, and then implode:

69 Won WS

73 Lost WS

86 Buckner

88 NLCS loss to Dodgers

99 NLCS loss to Braves

00 Lost WS to Yankees

06 Lost NLCS to Cardinals

15 Lost WS to Royals.

In between those years, they have the Bonilla era, bleach spraying, firecracker throwing years. The Jason Bay led teams, and other laughingstocks.

Lineup tonight, if the rain holds off:

1. Trea Turner (R) SS

2. Brian Goodwin (L) LF

3. Bryce Harper (L) RF

4. Ryan Zimmerman (R) 1B

5. Daniel Murphy (L) 2B

6. Anthony Rendon (R) 3B

7. Matt Wieters (S) C

8. Wilmer Difo (S) CF

9. Stephen Strasburg (R) P

What's wrong with Michael A. Taylor?

Archived