Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We're slumping and have been for a while. **** happens. One game in June has no bearing on October.

No one game is a barometer. We took 2 of 3 from them here in June last year, in clutch fashion, had no bearing on the post season.

Ya, because we didn't play them in playoffs.  Cold as the bats were, we might have knocked them off.

I'm looking at series more then one game, though.  Winning series against teams like the cardinals and dodgers and these guys, I still think those series matter.  Beating up on the NL East gets old, I've seen us go ham in september against them, then getting pwned in the first round.  I especially feel this way about late season series against playoff teams where were both out of time to get it all figured out.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, because we didn't play them in playoffs.  Cold as the bats were, we might have knocked them off.

I'm looking at series more then one game, though.  Winning series against teams like the cardinals and dodgers and these guys, I still think those series matter.  Beating up on the NL East gets old, I've seen us go ham in september against them, then getting pwned in the first round.  I especially feel this way about late season series against playoff teams where were both out of time to get it all figured out.

Nothing that happens in the regular season has any correlation to the playoffs. Its a complete 100% reset button.

Archived