Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This doesn't apply to the Nats. Not yet. No longer buying that train of thought. Just not that kind of team

Not picking on you, Sinister, but it's June. This time last year, the Giants looked like they had that even year devil magic going again. They fell apart. The Red Sox looked unstoppable, lost in the ALDS. Lots can happen between now and then...

Indians lost 3/5th of their starting rotation. Went to and probably should have won the WS.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Not picking on you, Sinister, but it's June. This time last year, the Giants looked like they had that even year devil magic going again. They fell apart. The Red Sox looked unstoppable, lost in the ALDS. Lots can happen between now and then...

Indians lost 3/5th of their starting rotation. Went to and probably should have won the WS.

Im just saying, we  all know what the MLB playoffs are, and can be. But its been 3 times and each time it's felt like groundhog day. We all expect things to be different  but thats just where I'm at personally. I just don't buy it anymore.

Doesn't really have anything to do with who they are right now. The sky isn't falling, and they are definitely a great baseball team

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Im just saying, we  all know what the MLB playoffs are, and can be. But its been 3 times and each time it's felt like groundhog day. We all expect things to be different  but thats just where I'm at personally. I just don't buy it anymore.

Doesn't really have anything to do with who they are right now. The sky isn't falling, and they are definitely a great baseball team

I think people are overreacting a bit--and by a bit, I mean a lot (more on Twitter than on here). People want to make this series more than it is. As I recall, wasn't the defense fairly solid last year in the playoffs?

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Nothing that happens in the regular season has any correlation to the playoffs. Its a complete 100% reset button.

100% agree.  The nats won the season series against 2 of their 3 playoff opponents (4-3 vs STL and 5-2 SF) and still lost those series.  It's health and who gets hot at the right time. As ESPN was saying, the nats have the make up of a team that could get hot.  Veterans, young stars, and nobodies who could get the clutch hit.  If you're an LA or Chicago fan the last person you would worry about is Michael A. Tater yet that's the kind guy who kills you in the playoffs because, well, baseball. Think Kozma, Pete 

No argument here, October is where the nats offense goes to die. That needs to change or Max and Stras need to do their best Randy Johnson/Curt Schilling impression. I'm just saying they have the make up similar to the cubs of last year of veterans and young talent.  Just need to bring it all together when it counts 

2014, offense disappeared, pitching was good, Matt Williams ruined a championship team.

2016, outscored the Dodgers, 0-3 3K with man on third and 1 out. Make any contact, really, and we win. Pitching was pretty good, just really needed a bounce

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think people are overreacting a bit--and by a bit, I mean a lot (more on Twitter than on here). People want to make this series more than it is. As I recall, wasn't the defense fairly solid last year in the playoffs?

Well I don't recall many screwups so it must have been good enough

Archived