Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

The Lerners' vice grip pockets are solely to blame for us not being at least 18-19 over .500 right now. If that Robertson deal had gone through, the regular reason would be a laugher and off games from our starters would be no big deal. 

Don't pinch pennies with no salary cap to justify it. 

27 minutes ago, Bacon said:

See, people laugh, but that's why I respected the Yankees with their big spending ways before I became a Nats fan. If you have no salary cap and are a billion dollar organization, you need to devote the resources to putting the best team on the field possible.  

Did it always work? Hell no, but it was A for effort.  Another reason why I love Dan so much, I may have gotten different players, but I would've done the same damn thing, make it rain.

37 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The Lerners' vice grip pockets are solely to blame for us not being at least 18-19 over .500 right now. If that Robertson deal had gone through, the regular reason would be a laugher and off games from our starters would be no big deal. 

Damn, say it aint so. That speaks volumes to me about what could potentially happen down the road. This team can win it all with a few tweaks

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn, say it aint so. That speaks volumes to me about what could potentially happen down the road. This team can win it all with a few tweaks

Any team with this offense could scorch their way through a playoff series or two if the bats are working, but the odds of them being hot for nearly a month straight are pretty low. It's the bullpen that gets you through a series when the bats cool off. 

So yeah, I agree with you. I'm just not looking forward to another month of waiting for reinforcements. 

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Well, that's some good news...

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Any team with this offense could scorch their way through a playoff series or two if the bats are working, but the odds of them being hot for nearly a month straight are pretty low. It's the bullpen that gets you through a series when the bats cool off. 

So yeah, I agree with you. I'm just not looking forward to another month of waiting for reinforcements. 

This division is a cake walk, like I posted earlier, the #2 seed is going to be the one we want. All 3 West teams are showing no signs of cooling off, and the Central has been as worse of a division than the East. Get me Madson, get me Justin Wilson or Tommy Kahnle. His 15.25 k/9 are great and this gif will be a staple:

YWOrxoM.jpg(le)

Nats averaging giving up 1.76 runs per game in 7-9th inning.   Dead last in MLB.  1.11 in 2016. 

Tanner Roark with 8.02 ERA in June.  .950 OPS against.  For anyone who has watched him, opponents are swinging hard from 1st pitch.  It's not a control issue, it's a "they know what's coming" issue. 

Maybe participating in the WBC has screwed with him? I remember when he was flip flopped back and forth between the bullpen and starting in 2015 and that messed with him for the entire year. He might just be one of those guys that is a creature of habit.

I'd DL him and reboot him back up. Sit him until the All-Star break if you have to. We have enough of a cushion and it's not like we were winning all that often in games he started anyway.

Archived