Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket Pricing for Redskins Games. NYG!

skinfan2k

17 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

This is happening all over the NFL. More and more fans are staying home. 

This isn't just about us. 

NFL games are a much better overall experience sitting at home, watching in HD, and not being gouged by prices for food and drinks.  For me, going to a game anymore is a pretty big event due to the overall cost.  I'd much prefer to watch it at home and cuss at my tv all day long.

It's a product made for TV these days.

44 minutes ago, CTskin said:

1-3" was in the forecast for Monday. Now I see that's changed... either the ticket prices are going up or the great deals have been gobbled up because there's a lot less dark green on seatgeek than there was yesterday.

Still lots of good deals, but you're right about yesterday.  It was crazy seeing $30 club level tickets.

4 hours ago, CBass1724 said:

NFL games are a much better overall experience sitting at home, watching in HD, and not being gouged by prices for food and drinks.  For me, going to a game anymore is a pretty big event due to the overall cost.  I'd much prefer to watch it at home and cuss at my tv all day long.

I don't disagree overall. But there is so much you miss from the TV shots that you get from being at the game and seeing the whole field.

Don't care.  I have great seats, 200's, Skins side, under-cover, last row backed up to a suite.  We're completely sheltered from the elements and the heat from the suite rolls over us.   We can stand up as much as we want.  I've only had to sell my tickets, once, and had no problem getting face value for them.    I gotta admit, that's definitely not the norm....

7 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Where? Tickpick the lowest are #13 for SRO.

OP, thanks for making this thread.  I had no idea.  Thanks to that I might be going.

$13 is the cheapest on the internet with fees.  It's possible its $6 without fees but yeah i would post a thread on ticket prices on a weekly basis.  most of the ES tailgaters know how stingy i am for ticket prices.

8 hours ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

I stand the whole time regardless. I didn't know this was a dick move.

It's considered a dick move,  when we're on offense, and everyone else in the section is sitting.  I like to stand too,  which was a major factor, when we chose our seats.  In any case, there are a variety of factors to consider,(the importance of the game,  the section, the crowd around you, if there are fans behind you, who are physically unable to stand the whole time, etc.) When we're on defense, all bets are off, especially on critical downs.  JMHO, of course. The "sit/stand" thing is probably worthy of its own thread.

Yeah, I can give some folks a pass here. I don't think it was really fair to use this against the "When the team is good the prices will skyrocket" stuff. That's still true. The team has had a good start, but they're also only one game above .500. Plus, There are multiple factors at play. Weather is one thing. But transportation is probably the biggest. Since Metro is essentially out of the question you've taken a lot of folks out of the equation right there. Monday night games are already a NIGHTMARE to get to unless you're on the road before about 4pm. Last year my cousin literally left Loudoun County about 4p and couldn't get into the lot until about 7:30p There's also holiday travel to consider as well as regular traffic. It's just an unsavory mix of elements in play here.

Normally, I'm right there with you as someone who pretty much goes no matter what. Been there in pouring rain, bitter cold, heat, snow, on Christmas Eve, you name it. Hell, if I could get my work schedule straightened out, I'd probably be going.

The team also played in five Super Bowls while RFK was home. A few down years is one thing. But during the time they were at RFK for the most part the team was one of the more well respected and powerhouse teams in the whole league. They've never seen even an inkling of anything close to the same kind of success since being at Fedex. Especially having been on the decline going in.

I have been a season ticket holder since 2001. Started in section 442, row 29 and now I am in 12 rows from the 30.

Ive never once sold my tickets for a loss.

Us fans don't get to pick the teams stadium, we can only go to the games and support the team. FedEx isnt a "trash heap" or "sub par", and even if you think it is, its still our home field.  I love FedEx Field, and I have been to most of the game played there.

For those that don't have season tickets, or go to many games because of the price, then surely take advantage of low ticket prices, for a nationally televised game, that if we win, keeps us in playoff contention.

And I stand pretty much the entire game.

Still over 200 tickets in the club right now available under $100, over half of which are below $80.

Yeah, the Monday traffic getting to the stadium is likely more of a pain than for a Sunday night game.

I was curious and it seems that the Skins play a disproportional number of their night games at home.  I was trying to exclude the ones that were flexed (ie the 2012 game vs Dallas) and came up with 55 originally scheduled night games the Skins have played since FedEx opened in 1997.......and 33 have been at home.  This season is the fourth time at FedEx where our three scheduled night games have all been at home......only once (in 2001) were our three night games on the road.

Archived