Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ticket Pricing for Redskins Games. NYG!

skinfan2k

19 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

There is 0 precipitation in the forecast.  Also this team even good will never sell out like RFK.

20 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The stadium is a trash heap in the middle of nowhere.  Add in Monday night and lousy weather, and that's what you get.

20 hours ago, Matt_cims said:

Cant argue that. Fedex is so sub-par.

19 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

There is 0 precipitation in the forecast.  Also this team even good will never sell out like RFK.

And very light winds!!    I'm bringing two heaters to this game.

RFK only held ~ 45K people.   I think FedEx is ~ 85K, or something like that.      

RFK was a ****-hole, (trust me, I went to a lot of games there), but I, like many others, could overlook the terrible plumbing, poor sight lines, no Jumbotron, (you had to bring binoculars, a radio and pay attention), ****ty concessions and lack of amenities,  because we fielded a lot of good teams there.  The atmosphere was fantastic.    Not saying that you are one of them, but I'd venture to say that many of the people who are pining away for the good ole' RFK days, are either older ****s like me, or people who held season-tickets at both, ( I didn't, but got to attend many games through a friend who had 4 seats),  or fans who haven't  experienced a Redskins game at RFK, as an adult.  Going to a game, with your Dad as a 10-yr old doesn't count :)

Most criticisms of FedEx are spot-on.    Middle of nowhere.  Sterile, corporate feel, ****ty traffic, (though traffic to RFK from MD wasn't very good either).   There are a few positives, the tailgate lots are good the video screens are huge, there are a lot of video screens in the lower concourse, the bathrooms are decent, (though I wouldn't mind the troughs that they had at RFK, to speed things up) and, most important of all, the sightlines are excellent, (with the notable exception of those ****ty seats that the Snyder regime added).  All-in-all, Mr Cooke did the best he could, getting that thing thrown up, (pun fully intended), pretty quickly.  I think that he knew that his time was running out, and he wanted to get the stadium done as fast as possible.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The French fries at RFK were super delicious and the beer was cold and reasonably priced.

My wife liked the fries too. I seldom bought beer at RFK, I was a cheap **** back then too ;)   I ate and drank at the tailgate and brought in a flask.   The best concession, when it was cold, was the one in the end-zone, that sold hot-chocolate and rum.   

Check this out....back in the day,  before the gray hair and jersey's    I think we used to sit in section 239.

rfk.jpg

4 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

My wife liked the fries too. I seldom bought beer at RFK, I was a cheap **** back then too ;)   I ate and drank at the tailgate and brought in a flask.   The best concession, when it was cold, was the one in the end-zone, that sold hot-chocolate and rum.   

Check this out....back in the day,  before the gray hair and jersey's    I think we used to sit in section 239.

<STAFF EDIT, RULE 11, DON'T QUOTE PICS/VIDS/LARGE CHUNKS OF TEXT, MEMBER WARNED>

Section 545 was our spot!  Those were the best of times.

Great pic!

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

All-in-all, Mr Cooke did the best he could, getting that thing thrown up, (pun fully intended), pretty quickly.  I think that he knew that his time was running out, and he wanted to get the stadium done as fast as possible.

A pity he didn't focus his energy on picking the best next owner of the Redskins.

On 12/17/2016 at 9:47 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

The French fries at RFK were super delicious and the beer was cold and reasonably priced.

That was really a matter of the times honestly. As someone who still regularly goes to RFK, I can tell you the beer, while cold, is priced about the same as every other local team stadium. Not saying that it's right, or that it isn't outrageous by comparison to most places. I mean, when I go somewhere else that sells beer, I use "stadium prices" as a standard of being overpriced lol. Far as the fries, can't tell you much there. But I can say I had my last RFK half smoke earlier this Summer as I don't want to do that to my stomach again.

>>> RFK only held ~ 45K people.   I think FedEx is ~ 85K, or something like that.  

RFK was 55 - 56K with the lower endzone bleachers (Wikipedia lists from 53K to 56K from 1971 - 2004)

Wikipedia lists FedEx as currently 82,000. 

My dad came off the wait list in 1994, which I believe marks the beginning of the end of Redskins tickets being a hot commodity in the DC area.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Interesting how ticket prices for this game skyrocketed after the Bucs loss.  I could find SROs for 30 and now they are up to 100.  Looks like this will be the most expensive game of the year to attend when in reality 1 team is playing.

I got one yesterday in 439 for $107 plus fees

Archived