Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Someone explain to me why the way Trump is handling Turkey is meet with so much Republican resistance when he can get away with literally anything else here at home? Not being sarcastic, I actually dont understand why it seems like all the Republican skin in the game is overseas. Whats the deal? 

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Someone explain to me why the way Trump is handling Turkey is meet with so much Republican resistance when he can get away with literally anything else here at home? Not being sarcastic, I actually dont understand why it seems like all the Republican skin in the game is overseas. Whats the deal? 

Realpolitik goes against the grain , most of his domestic choices don't.

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

American combat troops fleeing in disorganized panic from the Turkish army is a bad look.  Hard to spin into yet another example of so much winning.  

Not impossible, mind you.  They've successfully sold bigger whoppers, including the famous "no collusion".  But it's hard to to without advance notice.  

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

So are you saying what he did in regards to Turkey was practical? (just trying to make sure im following you) 

yes it is practical rather than moral/ideological based

Realpolitik

Description

Realpolitik is politics or diplomacy based primarily on considerations of given circumstances and factors, rather than explicit ideological notions or moral and ethical premises. In this respect, it shares aspects of its philosophical approach with those of realism and pragmatism. Wikipedia

12 minutes ago, twa said:

yes it is practical rather than moral/ideological based

Hmmm. It only took me two posts to regret engagement this time around. 👍

EDIT: Also, I know what the word means. I wouldnt have used a ****ing synonym for it if I didnt. 

23 minutes ago, Larry said:

American combat troops fleeing in disorganized panic from the Turkish army is a bad look.  Hard to spin into yet another example of so much winning.  

Not impossible, mind you.  They've successfully sold bigger whoppers, including the famous "no collusion".  But it's hard to to without advance notice.  

This makes more sense. They cant pretend blowing up our own base of operations and running away is a good thing. Its not even ...... practical. No rational person would think it is. 

Archived