Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered

d0ublestr0ker0ll

22 hours ago, youngchew said:

For sure, man.  I'll give it a try.  Don't curse me if I kill you, I already feel bad enough as it is lol. 

Ya @d0ublestr0ker0ll, wee have 2 ps4s....won't be getting an Xbox anytime soon.  ?

Ya stroke I remember you said your lady was mean on the COD sticks 

She'd regularly get the most caps on the team.  I'm the defender and she's the capturer.  Video game equivilent of going and making me sandwiches.  "Go capture me a flag - and make it fast."

Aaaaaand I'm single now.

Nah but it'd be Abort Mode Delta if I told her to send her new Xbone back.  She'd send it to me with anthrax in the box.  Looks like I'm going with the Xbox.

She's my teammate *sniffle* She's my quarterback.

And once everyone on the Xbox crew assembles, it'll be pretty wicked.  I have some HS friends on there who can rumble too.  Plus it's cheaper.  I dunno Chew, you'll prolly be playin a bunch of other games too right?  I'll pretty much be playing this online exclusively.  Maybe IW too.

44 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Did you tell her to get an XB1 stroke?

Nah, she went ahead and got one.  All the stars are aligned for me to royally screw her (in a figurative way for once).  If I did get a PS4, there goes a great friendship and my best source of beejays when I'm visiting home.

Xbone = ExBone

I will not be buying this garbage.  Battlefield 1 and Skyrim Remaster will get all the love.

I hope this flops so Activision and the CoD franchise will get the message.

2 of the biggest video game regrets I have are buying BO3 and The Division.  Money not well wasted.

17 hours ago, codeorama said:

I will not be buying this garbage.  Battlefield 1 and Skyrim Remaster will get all the love.

I hope this flops so Activision and the CoD franchise will get the message.

2 of the biggest video game regrets I have are buying BO3 and The Division.  Money not well wasted.

MW1 is garbage?  The price; the requirement to buy IW, is off-putting, but I'm down for trying the new movement system they've had going.

The whole supply drop thing is really sketchy though.  They are a major money grab...and that's what makes this IW/MW combo reek.  I ain't buyin SHEET after this.  Only map packs if I enjoy IW.

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Not me, too much money to just to play the beta.  I'm sure I'll like the IW multiplayer though, the only CoD I haven't enjoyed was Ghosts tbh.

They're charging extra money?  How much???

Ghosts is when I quit.  I played BO2 for almost 2 years instead.  Because the incentive to buy another console didn't seem good enough for Ghosts and AW.

55 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

They're charging extra money?  How much???

Ghosts is when I quit.  I played BO2 for almost 2 years instead.  Because the incentive to buy another console didn't seem good enough for Ghosts and AW.

I think you had to buy the edition of IW that was over $100 to get the beta access to IW mulitplayer.  The second tier one gave access to MW campaign and the standard you have to wait for it all.

I don't get all the hate with the direction CoD has gone as far as futuristic.  Sure, I love the older ones better, but if they put that out every year, people would start complaining that it's the same game every year, blah blah blah like they do/did for Madden.  

The only CoD I can say I severely disliked was Ghosts, it was a huge disappointment, imo.  But I still played it cause it was the only CoD released.  Advanced Warfare was a good game.  Black Ops 3 was a good game.  The only reason I didn't play more BO3 was because I got big into Rainbow Six Siege.  Personally, I think it is the best FPS our there, right now.  Of course MW remastered and Battlefield 1 will easily jump into 1a and 1b.

The only real new feature, as far as gameplay for CoD was the wall jump and boost jump.  People greatly overreacted to those features, imo.  Hell, in AW, they had an option to turn off boost jump and play "classic mode".   With that said, I'm excited that MW remastered is coming out, really no reason they can't do stuff like that more often as it would satisfy everyone and they would make tons of $$$.

I think people are more pissed that they are requiring you to buy both games at this time. Think the community is growing tired of the futuristic shooter and are looking to get back in to modern or historic times. 

Think the fact that they are making you buy the legendary edition or whatever they are calling it just shows that the company doesn't have confidence in IW as a standalone game. 

And i agree with your comment on R6. Without a doubt one of the best shooters i have played. 

12 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

I think people are more pissed that they are requiring you to buy both games at this time. Think the community is growing tired of the futuristic shooter and are looking to get back in to modern or historic times. 

Think the fact that they are making you buy the legendary edition or whatever they are calling it just shows that the company doesn't have confidence in IW as a standalone game. 

And i agree with your comment on R6. Without a doubt one of the best shooters i have played. 

I think everyone should be pissed about it being bundled into IW.  Having to pay $79 to get it now, or wait god knows how long to get it later stand alone.  And then, I wonder how much they will charge for it.  It's obvious that they wanted to max out sales on IW, so it's bundled.  Since stuff is futuristic, I would like to see them use time travel and go back to wars throughout history, everywhere in the world.  

Maybe, the wrong people went back in time to change history, and changed time, altering the current timeline so they have to go back and fix it.  They could create new wars that may have happened because of the new timeline and make them in a period where older weapons, vehicles, etc. applied and they couldn't expose themselves from being from the future, so they were forced to ditch the space gear and blend in.

There are a lot of things they could do like that to break up the futuristic stuff, while still sticking with the futuristic timeline.  They won't do that though.  But as a whole, the futuristic stuff never has bothered me all that much.  It's fun picking up a WW2 weapon and killing other players, but it's also fun picking up a laser gun and killing other players, imo.  

11 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I think everyone should be pissed about it being bundled into IW.  Having to pay $79 to get it now, or wait god knows how long to get it later stand alone.  And then, I wonder how much they will charge for it.  It's obvious that they wanted to max out sales on IW, so it's bundled.  Since stuff is futuristic, I would like to see them use time travel and go back to wars throughout history, everywhere in the world.  

Maybe, the wrong people went back in time to change history, and changed time, altering the current timeline so they have to go back and fix it.  They could create new wars that may have happened because of the new timeline and make them in a period where older weapons, vehicles, etc. applied and they couldn't expose themselves from being from the future, so they were forced to ditch the space gear and blend in.

There are a lot of things they could do like that to break up the futuristic stuff, while still sticking with the futuristic timeline.  They won't do that though.  But as a whole, the futuristic stuff never has bothered me all that much.  It's fun picking up a WW2 weapon and killing other players, but it's also fun picking up a laser gun and killing other players, imo.  

Yea, i would imagine MW will go for at least $30 when they release it on its own. And i believe they have said MW will have DLC associated with it. So add another $10-15 each time for that.  

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, just preordered it on PSN.  Got the deluxe edition with all the map packs, etc.. haven't ever bought the deluxe edition before, so hopefully I have enough time to play.  Got my setup back together and played some BO3 earlier today, I still wreck fools.

Says the download is scheduled for Nov 1.  I assume I can't play the COD4 campaign until then, correct?  And of course, the IW or COD4 multiplayer should be available at midnight on Thursday...

Anyhow, hit me up on PS4 - CChag740

Anyone else on ES picking up this piece for launch?

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I pre-ordered it.  I'm pretty sure Chew and his wife did too.

Sweet, I have you and chew on my friends list.  It'll be good to get all you guys together.  Gotta get Chew's sad, soft ass to not catch all the feels when he accidentally TK's when playing HC.

Archived