Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered

d0ublestr0ker0ll

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I'll be on tonight I think.  Probably around 10 or so.

Infinite Warfare.  Still liking it although I feel like maybe you get all the guns too quickly.  Takes the "carrot" out of playing.  I'm already hoping for rare and legendary weapon variants.

Yeah got the nv4 flatline epic weapon and I still get rocked by smg's,  I think smg's is the way to go in this game... My kid of 1.54 sucks too... Lol

6 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Yeah got the nv4 flatline epic weapon and I still get rocked by smg's,  I think smg's is the way to go in this game... My kid of 1.54 sucks too... Lol

I think my KD is weak, but my W/L and SPM is good so I'm straight.

Need to party up at some point.  Get you with the rest of the ES crew... which at this point is just Taze.

49 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think my KD is weak, but my W/L and SPM is good so I'm straight.

Need to party up at some point.  Get you with the rest of the ES crew... which at this point is just Taze.

:(

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Rank fitty?  Nice.

Thanks bossman, it's time to decide.  See you on the other side.

Alright LeBron, which console are you taking your talents to?

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Taze, I hopped on Sunday night but it didn't seem like you were active so I didn't invite.  Killerbee was active and I just blew him off though.  My bad.

What time Sunday?  If it was around 6-8pm, I'm usually off and on and just playing some matches here and there.  At 8pm, it's basically dinner then watching TV with the wife and crashing early for bed.

I also never turn off my PS4, so it will show me in games a lot of times and I'm not even playing lol

17 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

What time Sunday?  If it was around 6-8pm, I'm usually off and on and just playing some matches here and there.  At 8pm, it's basically dinner then watching TV with the wife and crashing early for bed.

I also never turn off my PS4, so it will show me in games a lot of times and I'm not even playing lol

Yeah, this was at like 11:00, after TWD and westworld.

4 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Man oh man, IW sucks.  REALLY bad.

Hope MW is fun

EXACTLY my thought.  First impression was, "what a ****in' mess."  What a joke.  Precisely what FPS fans have been asking COD NOT to do.  It's like they sat there and thought, "how could we make the biggest mockery out of our franchise?"

I want to vomit after that, just because of how sad the state of the game looks.  My KD was like .4 after a few games, crawled up to .77.  Not only do these suckas have all the goodies, knowledge of the maps, and skills to go around the map like Simone Biles, but I'm the opposite.  No idea what I'm doing.  Sliding like RGIII, jumping like Albert Haynesworth.  And you know what?  I don't WANT to do that silly ****.  I'm whipping around corners, shooting first, landing beautiful shots, and these mofos are in the stratosphere, 3 states over, by the time my 5th bullet leaves the barrel.

And Active Camouflage?  Really?  I got killed by an invisible dude.  If they are giving these outrageous bonuses out like it's a ****ing food drive on Thanksgiving Eve, so every little noob can put you back on your heels with his dual Gatling Guns, or crossbow that shoots fiery shrapnel at 900 rds a second, then I don't know.

Maybe I just need a minute.  I am beside myself.  WHY didn't I play COD4 first.  Why.  I love to make myself pissed off for some reason.  Knew it would happen, still played IW.  Maybe I should've just slammed my heel in to my balls over and over again.  Would've been less on-edge.

The gun on gun fights are great when all this quasi teleportation **** isn't happening.  Shame. 

48 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Man oh man, IW sucks.  REALLY bad.  this is the worst call  of duty game I've ever played. Pretty bummed I paid for it.   :(

Hope MW is fun

It's basically the same as BO3 imo.  You need to suffer through it some, it gets better once it clicks.  It's not as forgiving as the others.  You need to play hardcore domination.  You can't kill your teammates.  If you shoot them, all the damage goes to you, even death.  But its a lot harder killing people in standard mode, imo.   Do not give up on it yet.

I'm pretty sure private pyle is coming..... :D

18 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

EXACTLY my thought.  First impression was, "what a ****in' mess."  What a joke.  Precisely what FPS fans have been asking COD NOT to do.  It's like they sat there and thought, "how could we make the biggest mockery out of our franchise?"

I want to vomit after that, just because of how sad the state of the game looks.  My KD was like .4 after a few games, crawled up to .77.  Not only do these suckas have all the goodies, knowledge of the maps, and skills to go around the map like Simone Biles, but I'm the opposite.  No idea what I'm doing.  Sliding like RGIII, jumping like Albert Haynesworth.  And you know what?  I don't WANT to do that silly ****.  I'm whipping around corners, shooting first, landing beautiful shots, and these mofos are in the stratosphere, 3 states over, by the time my 5th bullet leaves the barrel.

And Active Camouflage?  Really?  I got killed by an invisible dude.  If they are giving these outrageous bonuses out like it's a ****ing food drive on Thanksgiving Eve, so every little noob can put you back on your heels with his dual Gatling Guns, or crossbow that shoots fiery shrapnel at 900 rds a second, then I don't know.

Maybe I just need a minute.  I am beside myself.  WHY didn't I play COD4 first.  Why.  I love to make myself pissed off for some reason.  Knew it would happen, still played IW.  Maybe I should've just slammed my heel in to my balls over and over again.  Would've been less on-edge.

The gun on gun fights are great when all this quasi teleportation **** isn't happening.  Shame. 

LOL, I rarely slide and jump kill.  You can still be effective.  It's just new to you dawg, takes some getting used to.  The active camo is a payload for the rig you have, temporary and they might be able to activate it twice per game.  I've only been killed by it a few times tbh.  

You will be bossing in no time.  If my average ass can do ok and rank up, I have faith in Private Pyle.  He's been in cryogenic freezing for a while, now he has been awakened in this new world of FPS.  

You got a mic?  

While MWR is still DLing, I figured to try some more Bunny Squirrel Warfare.  After going **** like 3-12 in my first several games, I started getting better, now I'm breaking even on average.  Total KDR up to a WHOPPING 0.9 (I was comfortably above a 2.0 KDR player several years back, with a SPM scratching 600 in objective games).  I don't even want to see my SPM in this game, it's probably the pi symbol.

My W/L is almost a 0.0.  Played some FFA, Reg/HC Dom, Reg/HC TDM, Gun Game...I just keep getting flanked from places I have no idea about.  And they basically stomp on me from above like I'm a Coopa Troopa.  Straight up gunfights I'm winning well now. Think I gotta keep at it.

That being said, the adjustment from Blops 2 (my last COD), to this, is immense, as you can imagine.

The adjustment from Xbox to PS is also a *****.  The D pad being above the joystick, the damn BUTTONS in the middle of this controller.  I must've ruined my chances at winning gunfights 3 dozen times tonight.  I pressed that big sumbich button in the middle of the controller so many times I wanted to take the PS back.  There are 3 buttons I kept hitting by accident...the options button, the pointlessly large button in the middle of the controller, and that PS button in the lower center.  What the ****, Sony?

Stroker, what's your PSN?

Just keep at it.  Learn the maps.  Eventually the "advanced" movements grow on you and become an enhancement of your movement.  The slide and the boost jump especially.  I'm still  iffy about wall running myself but I find it a great way to avoid the ground, where most people will be aiming for.

The old theories behind holding A and B or C and B still hold true.  Just a matter of learning what angles people can take to get to them and heading them off.

Thinking about taking the PS4 and game back.

I feel like I overspent wayyyy too much for this.  Played MWR and had some decent games.  Just couldn't cap B on Shipment one game, and you old schoolers know how that goes.  I am way, way rusty.  Even my good TDMs were only in the teens with kills.  It will take a lot of focus to get back to where I was.  But worst of all -- a lot of time.

I have 135,000 kills in the original COD4.  I have been here, done that, been here, done that, I feel like I paid $400 for the game/systen and got a new TV for something that I've ran the course with a dozen too many times already.  In hindsight, I am afraid I was too stubborn about this.  I really could use the money.....badly.

When the news came out about this game being remastered, I felt so overly nostalgic that I latched on.  It became the crowning goal of my moving here and career change.  "I'm gonna get COD4, and it's going to be exactly like old times."  When I was completely stable (other than a career I wasn't passionate about).

You can talk all the s**t you want.  I have put way too much work in to these games already.  There is nothing to prove.  My numbers are documented, I have a collection of clips, I have old teammates who will vouch for me.  I feel like diving in to this will take away from what I REALLY want to be a beast at.  Life & work.  Granted, this whole entertainment center upgrade was an ode to that.  I just feel like it will backfire, and already has started to.

And I'm sorry guys, if you like the new Call of Duty games then more power to ya.  It's a huge switch from what I'm used to.  I didn't shoot one round in GHOSTS, much less AW and BO3.  I am in disbelief at what it's become.  I hopped on COD4 and it was so clean, rich, crisp, beautiful.  Ugh.  Getting kills felt worlds more satisfying.  It might actually keep me from taking this whole shabang back.

I don't want to be a downer, just being real with yall.  It was an awesome day, then I got a reality check on the joysticks and realized what I just got myself in to.  I may not have the time, energy, or desire anymore guys.

4 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

I told you guys iw sucks, Black ops 3 was OK, but the laser guns are crazy and some other guns don't even give you a chance in hardcore... Hell I have seen more accurate SMG than assault rifles, my kid is a sad 1.45, but oh well

My K/D is like .59........complaining about 1.45, get out of here :P

6 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Thinking about taking the PS4 and game back.

:

:

I don't want to be a downer, just being real with yall.  It was an awesome day, then I got a reality check on the joysticks and realized what I just got myself in to.  I may not have the time, energy, or desire anymore guys.

Check your PMs broski.

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

My K/D is like .59........complaining about 1.45, get out of here :P

Check your PMs broski.

Thanks T.  I'll get back to ya when I can.  Getting ready for work.

D0uble XP this weekend, and I'm off Sat/Sun.

I am probably going to hold off on taking it back until next week.  Will rank up fast with DXP and hopefully find a loadout that gets me revved up.

My K/D in both games is below 1. I remember being totally frustrated starting some CODs with roughly a 1.5 ratio.  This...is beyond discouraging.  Lol.  Forget uphill battle, I have to climb a damn cliff.

Had a few decent games in IW, then a few where I couldn't get anything going.  The RPR Evo with RDS, silencer and quickdraw was working for me.  Switched over to Cod4 and go 25-3, had a flawless game, and don't think I had a negative KDR the whole sesh.  KDR went from .9 to 1.20.  The MP5 is the same as it was.  Ungodly.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Had a few decent games in IW, then a few where I couldn't get anything going.  The RPR Evo with RDS, silencer and quickdraw was working for me.  Switched over to Cod4 and go 25-3, had a flawless game, and don't think I had a negative KDR the whole sesh.  KDR went from .9 to 1.20.  The MP5 is the same as it was.  Ungodly.

I've found that I do better with certain weapons in IW.  The flavor of the month seems to be the NV4, everyone is using that.  I usually roll with the Volk (with the greed perk that gives me more points) or the Erad (sub machine gun that has the same perk).  Also I got an elite shotgun to drop for the DCM-8, infinite ammo, but you take slight damage when firing it.  Fully auto though, on the map where you are in that small town with the barn, I can wreck with it.

Also like the KBAR-32.  Been running some secondary only with the third handgun, 3 burst.  I like it, but my k/d suffers on it.  Trying to unlock aimbko (however the **** you spell it) so I can duel wield it, saw a video of a guy owning with it like that, reminded me of Strokers video from BO2.

Archived