Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Standing during the Pledge or National Anthem

Burgold

Just now, Elessar78 said:

I was wondering how this was going to end. Well now that there are numbers out and it affects the NFL negatively, we know they'll get rid of Kaep somehow. Nothing is more powerful than the NFL.

Movement has begun...getting rid of him won't stop other athletes from getting their point(s) across. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Movement has begun...getting rid of him won't stop other athletes from getting their point(s) across. 

Until the checks stop coming.

NBA players pitched a fit when the league mandated a dress code off the court.  Until it could possibly affect their paycheck.  Now we see suits and ties without much complaint.

The owners arent going to accept a loss in revenue.  Their will be consequences.

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Until the checks stop coming.

NBA players pitched a fit when the league mandated a dress code off the court.  Until it could possibly affect their paycheck.  Now we see suits and ties without much complaint.

The owners arent going to accept a loss in revenue.  Their will be consequences.

LOL...I'd love to see the NFL even attempt to try to stop the players from taking a knee.  I guarantee it will NEVER happen. 

Also, how are you going to compare a social injustice issue to a dress code?  Apples and oranges. 

• Like 1

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

LOL...I'd love to see the NFL even attempt to try to stop the players from taking a knee.  I guarantee it will NEVER happen. 

Also, how are you going to compare a social injustice issue to a dress code?  Apples and oranges. 

If the owners begin to lose money, then you will absolutely see them make efforts to stop the loss.

Im not comparing the actions, Im saying the owners will.  To them, it's about green.

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

If the owners begin to lose money, then you will absolutely see them make efforts to stop the loss.

Im not comparing the actions, Im saying the owners will.  To them, it's about green.

And risk alienating a league that is close to 70% AA?  Pssshhhtttt....nope.  

Kap started something that's become much larger than the feelings of the NFL owners. 

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

Kap started something that's become much larger than the feelings of the NFL owners. 

How many of those 70 percent are participating now?  You think they'd be upset that the owners prevented those that are?  And risk their paycheck for a cause that they arent even participating in?  LOL.  No chance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

How many of those 70 percent are participating now?  You think they'd be upset that the owners prevented those that are?  And risk their paycheck for a cause that they arent even participating in?  LOL.  No chance.

Agreed

Lets say 2-3 protests per team on average.  That gives a range of .9% - 5% that are protesting (active roster - not counting other players/coaches/etc) that stand on the sideline.  I'm sure they would be fine.

4 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

lol..  you are so tough..  the owners will stomp this out like a roach when they are ready..  lol..  they are letting the kids have their fun..

10 minutes ago, KLJ said:

lol..  you are so tough..  the owners will stomp this out like a roach when they are ready..  lol..  they are letting the kids have their fun..

You're a roach for making that post.  I'm a 50-year-old white woman in Atlanta.  Come prove what you just said, you asshole.

(Sorry to the mods, I had to. )

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

You're a roach for making that post.  I'm a 50-year-old white woman in Atlanta.  Come prove what you just said, you asshole.

(Sorry to the mods, I had to. )

why did you feel the need to tell us your age and color?  and city for that matter?  asshole

I suspect the owners have about a million other more important things they would like to get concessions from the Players Unions on than this. Plus, I seriously doubt the average viewer (aka football fan) is watching less football because of the protest. If they are - then I'd question whether they are truly a football fan. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect the owners have about a million other more important things they would like to get concessions from the Players Unions on than this. Plus, I seriously doubt the average viewer (aka football fan) is watching less football because of the protest. If they are - then I'd question whether they are truly a football fan. 

Talked to a guy today that has had season tickets to two NFL teams (dropped first team when a new team started in his hometown). He said he will no longer watch the NFL as long as the NFL allows players to kneel during the anthem.

While I don't agree with his stance (giving up the NFL), I respect it. And if enough people started doing something similar, I guarantee you the NFL (owners) would act on it.

Edited by Ray-Ban Dan

Well that's his prerogative. I am sure someone will gladly take his spot with season tickets - if they are in demand for that team. The NFL isn't hurting for money. The owners aren't hurting for money. The TV contract is huge. 

So..uh did your guy have tickets prior to 2009?

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2016/09/colin_kaepernick_s_protest_is_working.html

It wasn’t typical for NFL players to stand for the national anthem until 2009—before then, it was customary for players to stay in the locker room as the anthem played.* A 2015 congressional report revealed that the Department of Defense had paid $5.4 million to NFL teams between 2011 and 2014 to stage on-field patriotic ceremonies; the National Guard shelled out $6.7 million for similar displays between 2013 and 2015.

Edited by The Evil Genius

12 hours ago, KLJ said:

why did you feel the need to tell us your age and color?  and city for that matter?  asshole

Where I am, and that I am who I am is instrumental in knowing that we are all free.  We're not kids having fun.  

Edited by skinsmarydu

Why does the fact that DoD gave money to the NFL thing keep coming up?  You realize that is a drop in the bucket of their recruiting budget, right? And the NFL gives them a ridiculous discount.  But like everything else, that doesn't make the story sound juicy enough so we will leave those facts out.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Why does the fact that DoD gave money to the NFL thing keep coming up?  You realize that is a drop in the bucket of their recruiting budget, right? And the NFL gives them a ridiculous discount.  But like everything else, that doesn't make the story sound juicy enough so we will leave those facts out.

I suspect it was listed as the reason for the players being brought out onto the field for the anthem. The NFL was paid to make that change.  

5 hours ago, KLJ said:

you don't think the owners view the players as kids?

They are grown men, not kids. But it doesn't surprise me that people have this view. There are a lot more owners in all of these leagues with the mentality of Donald Sterling than Mark Cuban. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

They are grown men, not kids. But it doesn't surprise me that people have this view. There are a lot more owners in all of these leagues with the mentality of Donald Sterling than Mark Cuban. 

sterling?  what does sterling have to do with this?  most owners in these leagues are old men.  of course THEY view the players as kids compared to them..  get over it..

I'm starting to think none of this matters. As in the players protesting has zero effect at all.

Not a condemnation on anyone. I just think it's pointless. 

Let me rephrase that, it is not pointless - the message is a strong one. I just don't think much change is going to occur. There is always going to be police shootings, that's just the society we live in. There are going to be prejudiced and ill-prepared cops. Just like there are always going to be criminals.

We don't live in paradise, sorry to inform you guys. Not referring to anyone particular.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1