Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

On 1/31/2017 at 2:28 PM, Riggo#44 said:

If you set it ~10 years after Ep III (guessing Boba would be in his early 20s), there would be more Jedi. If you watch Rebels, the Jedi are sparse but they're still around...I'd be interested in it. Disney is now 2/2 on Star Wars movies, so I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

See I think this is part of what the problem was with I - III. We already knew that Vader was going to die, we already knew who the emperor was, etc. 

This scenario...we already know that Boba is the seed of the drones, we know that he dies in a pathetic manner, we know that he only got  Solo because of Vader. His character was not very impressive. I would rather see a movie or two that explains how the Jedi council was formed and how they found all these young kids with the force, how Yoda came to be Jedi. Mace, and some of the other would be interesting also. 

• Like 2

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 1:31 PM, The Evil Genius said:

The Boba Fett one was supposed to the 2nd side movie but was delayed when the director attached to it went crazy filming that Fantastic Four movie last year.

They are looking for a new director now and the Han Solo film has been moved up to be the 2nd standalone movie.

I'm hoping Boba Fett will be in the Han Solo movie to bolster intrest in him, and spur his own movie along.

Oh and in regards to your above pic:  only Skywalkers get their limbs cut off in the second movie.  Rey is not one so she should be safe.  Kylo on the other hand may need to worry?

21 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

See I think this is part of what the problem was with I - III. We already knew that Vader was going to die, we already knew who the emperor was, etc. 

This scenario...we already know that Boba is the seed of the drones, we know that he dies in a pathetic manner, we know that he only got  Solo because of Vader. His character was not very impressive. I would rather see a movie or two that explains how the Jedi council was formed and how they found all these young kids with the force, how Yoda came to be Jedi. Mace, and some of the other would be interesting also. 

Ep I-III for me was more terrible acting and a whiny **** as Anakin, and a glossing over his turning to the darkside and the Jedi purge, but I digress...

And Vader only got Solo because of Fett--he knew where Han was going and alerted the Empire. He played both Han and Vader.

An exploration of the Jedi Purge would be awesome too--Inquistors (like in Rebels), Purge troopers, etc hunting down Jedi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ep I-III for me was more terrible acting and a whiny **** as Anakin, and a glossing over his turning to the darkside and the Jedi purge, but I digress...

And Vader only got Solo because of Fett--he knew where Han was going and alerted the Empire. He played both Han and Vader.

An exploration of the Jedi Purge would be awesome too--Inquistors (like in Rebels), Purge troopers, etc hunting down Jedi.

That would definitely be awesome (Jedi Purge exploration) but I think it would be too much to fit into a movie. That's why it works more as an animated show I think. I also wouldn't mind seeing a movie that explored the ancient Jedi/Sith wars that happened a thousand years before the current batch (like in the KOTOR games). But that would sorta mess up the continuity of the current movies if you suddenly staged one a thousand years earlier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

...and we know she's not a Skywalker? 

51 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If she's Luke's daughter, doesn't that make her a Skywalker?

I know for a fact she's not Luke's daughter or a Skywalker in any way shape or form because The Force Awakens said so.

And if that's not enough proof for you JJ Abraham, the movie's director, let it slip in an interview that Rey's parents were not in the film as well.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/J-J-Abrams-Just-Revealed-Detail-About-Rey-Parents-125147.html

Edited by Bishop Hammer

10 minutes ago, Bishop Hammer said:

I know for a fact she's not Luke's daughter or a Skywalker in any way shape or form because The Force Awakens said so.

And if that's not enough proof for you JJ Abraham, the movie's director, let it slip in an interview that Rey's parents were not in the film as well.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/J-J-Abrams-Just-Revealed-Detail-About-Rey-Parents-125147.html

He later came back and said what he meant was she didnt know who her parents were in the film, not necessarily that they werent in the film. Where did the Force Awakens say she wasnt a Skywalker?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

He later came back and said what he meant was she didnt know who her parents were in the film, not necessarily that they werent in the film. Where did the Force Awakens say she wasnt a Skywalker?

That was a clumsy attempt to back track his slip up.  The fact that Pablo Hidalgo, the guy in charge of all the SW movies(you could say he is the Scott McCloughan of the films), and Daisy Ridley themselves said yeah Kylo is the last Skywalker of the family; immediately after JJ let the cat out of the bag.

And movie said so because everyone in her supposed family didn't know or recognize her in any way shape or form.   Hail JJ himself said Leia and Rey's first meeting was after Han's death and the first time Kylo met Rey was in forest where he froze her and whisked her away to Starkiller Base.  It would be very bizarre for Luke to have never introduced his own daughter to his sister and brother in law the two closest people in his life?

1 minute ago, Bishop Hammer said:

That was a clumsy attempt to back track his slip up.  The fact that Pablo Hidalgo, the guy in charge of all the SW movies(you could say he is the Scott McCloughan of the films), and Daisy Ridley themselves said yeah Kylo is the last Skywalker of the family; immediately after JJ let the cat out of the bag.

And movie said so because everyone in her supposed family didn't know or recognize her in any way shape or form.   Hail JJ himself said Leia and Rey's first meeting was after Han's death and the first time Kylo met Rey was in forest where he froze her and whisked her away to Starkiller Base.  It would be very bizarre for Luke to have never introduced his own daughter to his sister and brother in law the two closest people in his life?

Sure, I think it can be inferred, but still not completely sure as there is only so much you can take from the movie. Heck, Chewie gets back right after Han dies and he and Leia dont even acknowledge each other. Its a movie. Did Pablo and Daisy say that in an interview or something? Can you tell me where to find it? would like to listen/read it.

36 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Sure, I think it can be inferred, but still not completely sure as there is only so much you can take from the movie. Heck, Chewie gets back right after Han dies and he and Leia dont even acknowledge each other. Its a movie. Did Pablo and Daisy say that in an interview or something? Can you tell me where to find it? would like to listen/read it.

Both of these were tweeted as soon as Abraham let the cat out of the bag.

http://z7XCyCP_zpsie6teqf8.png

http://tumblr_o5pk9pDMeO1v5e2mro1_1280_zpss3850

And once again Rey never meeting any of the Solo clan was out and out; verbally said by the writer and director of the movie.   There's no "inferring" she is a complete stranger to them.  These aren't things that I  surmised because of wishful thinking but from what the creative team of the movie (s) have said themselves.   At that point it is official.

37 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

OB1 pretending to not know C3PO and R2D2 comes to mind. 

Anyways..can I just pretend that Jyn Erso survived Scarif and had a kid with Luke and that Ren is the kid? Jyn would be only a few years at most older than Luke.

Wow mate, so your still holding on to Jyn being Rey's mum? I sure hope your being sarcastic LOL.

And if you really think Obi Wan pretending to not know R2D2 and C3PO to Rey's alleged family letting her go back to Jakku to wait for someone who is never coming back as the same thing then that's just sad.  

But hey what does JJ Abraham and Daisy Ridley know.  I mean hes only the writer/director of the film.   and shes the lead actress.  You know the person who actually plays the character in question.   I guess they don't know diddly poo squat about their own film. 

Edited by Bishop Hammer

38 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

How does Rey use the Force? It was innate in TFA. Even Kylo Ren was surprised.

And Luke was on-screen for a very short time.

I will admit that I am not a SW fanatic and don't read/watch every little bit of information.

Maybe she's just inherently uber strong in the force? But I have to admit I was a bit dubious about her discovering she could use the force and then literally 5 minutes later successfully using the Jedi mind trick which we've only seen Jedi Masters do before.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bishop Hammer said:

Wow mate, so your still holding on to Jyn being Rey's mum? I sure hope your being sarcastic LOL.

And if you really think Obi Wan pretending to not know R2D2 and C3PO to Rey's alleged family letting her go back to Jakku to wait for someone who is never coming back as the same thing then that's just sad.  

But hey what does JJ Abraham and Daisy Ridley know.  I mean hes only the writer/director of the film.   and shes the lead actress.  You know the person who actually plays the character in question.   I guess they don't know diddly poo squat about their own film. 

What can I say. I like my stories to make sense and tie up neatly. Otherwise we end up with dumbass movies about midichlorians and such. 

But no..I don't think Jyn is Rey's mom. I do expect Rey's lineage though to be part of the Skywalkers. 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Maybe she's just inherently uber strong in the force? But I have to admit I was a bit dubious about her discovering she could use the force and then literally 5 minutes later successfully using the Jedi mind trick which we've only seen Jedi Masters do before.

There's a big theory going around that Rey and Kylo have Force Bonded(the SW equivalent of the Vulcan Mind Meld).

http://mindtr10_zpspz8csxah.png

A brief description is when two force users are bonded their minds are linked and they have instant access to the others thoughts and skills.

This totally explains why she was so proficient with the force so fast.  And the biggest reasoning for this theory is Rey only used a power after Kylo used it on her.  Cases in point:

When Kylo read her mind she was able to read his instantly.  And then was able to use the Jedi mind trick on the stormtrooper.

When Kylo force blasted her she was able to force pull his saber to her instead.

And when she tapped into the force, after Kylo offered to be her teacher, she became a saber virtuoso whose style mimicked his to a tee.  

http://tumblr_o69buhtiug1qkbiaio1_400_zpshvgghl

Notice how she only did those after Ben did them.

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

What can I say. I like my stories to make sense and tie up neatly. Otherwise we end up with dumbass movies about midichlorians and such. 

But no..I don't think Jyn is Rey's mom. I do expect Rey's lineage though to be part of the Skywalkers. 

Then I don't know why you think Rey is Luke's daughter because it doesn't make any whatsoever? And if it was worked into the next movie it would be pretty convoluted.  Why would Luke not introduce his kid to the rest of her family? Why did he dump her all by herself in the middle of a junkyard to fend for herself, when she was only 5 years old? And for no reason I must add.  Her being abandoned on Jakku had nothing to do with the Jedi Academy massacre. Why did her mum allow this to happen? How did Luke meet her? 

No matter what Luke would be the galaxies worst parent for deserting his child to fend for herself her entire life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bishop Hammer said:

There's a big theory going around that Rey and Kylo have Force Bonded(the SW equivalent of the Vulcan Mind Meld).

http://mindtr10_zpspz8csxah.png

A brief description is when two force users are bonded their minds are linked and they have instant access to the others thoughts and skills.

This totally explains why she was so proficient with the force so fast.  And the biggest reasoning for this theory is Rey only used a power after Kylo used it on her.  Cases in point:

When Kylo read her mind she was able to read his instantly.  And then was able to use the Jedi mind trick on the stormtrooper.

When Kylo force blasted her she was able to force pull his saber to her instead.

And when she tapped into the force, after Kylo offered to be her teacher, she became a saber virtuoso whose style mimicked his to a tee.  

Notice how she only did those after Ben did them.

Then I don't know why you think Rey is Luke's daughter because it doesn't make any whatsoever? And if it was worked into the next movie it would be pretty convoluted.  Why would Luke not introduce his kid to the rest of her family? Why did he dump her all by herself in the middle of a junkyard to fend for herself, when she was only 5 years old? And for no reason I must add.  Her being abandoned on Jakku had nothing to do with the Jedi Academy massacre. Why did her mum allow this to happen? How did Luke meet her? 

No matter what Luke would be the galaxies worst parent for deserting his child to fend for herself her entire life.

Interesting. So is the theory that this is something special just to Rey and how she is connected to the force or that it is a general thing that can happen when two force users connect like that?

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Interesting. So is the theory that this is something special just to Rey and how she is connected to the force or that it is a general thing that can happen when two force users connect like that?

Rey and Kylo, it takes two to force bond.  And I'm sure they formed it during the interrogation scene,  when she first displayed force abilities. 

From what I've gathered they are not going to have the hero villian relationship like some think.  I have a gut feeling Ben is going to turn good and Rey will play a major part of his redemotion.

And it is not unique to them.  Yoda and Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus forced bonded.  And Darth Revan and Bastilla, who Rey and Ben Solo are rumoured to be based on, force bonded.  

Edited by Bishop Hammer

13 hours ago, mistertim said:

That would definitely be awesome (Jedi Purge exploration) but I think it would be too much to fit into a movie. That's why it works more as an animated show I think. I also wouldn't mind seeing a movie that explored the ancient Jedi/Sith wars that happened a thousand years before the current batch (like in the KOTOR games). But that would sorta mess up the continuity of the current movies if you suddenly staged one a thousand years earlier.

That's what I actually one, something like KOTOR.  I wouldn't mid if they make a movie with the actual KOTOR plot.  IMO, the story was awesome.  I'm not a fan of them doing a Han Solo origins movie, Harrison Ford is Han Solo, I'm not interested in seeing someone else play that character.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, codeorama said:

That's what I actually one, something like KOTOR.  I wouldn't mid if they make a movie with the actual KOTOR plot.  IMO, the story was awesome.  I'm not a fan of them doing a Han Solo origins movie, Harrison Ford is Han Solo, I'm not interested in seeing someone else play that character.

Yeah I agree. The Han Solo origins movie really doesn't interest me all that much. Problem with doing a KOTOR type movie set way in the past is that it would likely only appeal to big time Star Wars fans who have been pretty deep into the extended universe and KOTOR stuff. Whereas everyone knows who Han Solo is so it would have a wider appeal and likely make more money. And that's all that the studios care about.