Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL Root against the Seahags and Vikqueens thread

TimmySmith

Cardinals win next week, the Redskins get either Packers or Vikings.

Vikings win next week, Redskins get Packers.

Even if the seahawks win, gb has the tiebreaker over them and would be the 5 seed. If green bay wins then we would face seattle because they hold the tiebreak over viqueens. Everything hinges on the gb game.

Most favorable match up for us is GB. 

This and honestly I think we are going to get GB.  I have not run the simulations but I think the Vikings win this weekend and then it doesn't matter what the sea chickens do because GB will have the same record as them and they beat them back in week 2 so they will get the 5th seat, playing us.

I don't know how healthy Lacy is but he can be a challenge for our run D

Even if the seahawks win, gb has the tiebreaker over them and would be the 5 seed. If green bay wins then we would face seattle because they hold the tiebreak over viqueens. Everything hinges on the gb game.

Unless the Cardinals win, in which case the GB game becomes irrelevant in terms of Seattle playing the Redskins.

Don't worry about the Seahawks. They tanked the game yesterday against the Rams to avoid playing us. By losing yesterday, that puts them at the six seed and that's where they wanna be. They know damn well they're not beating the Cardinals in Arizona next week and quite frankly, I don't think they want to. They are perfectly content as the six seed which puts them at Minnesota or Green Bay, two teams they've already played this year. Although they lost to GB, that was the second game of the season and Seattle is better now than they were in week 2. They've already trounced the Vikings and again, I don't think they fear neither of those teams. They do fear us however, and the tank job they pulled against the Rams yesterday is proof of that. 

And Seattle is a Calvin Johnson fumble as he is diving across the goal line for the winning score from not being in the playoffs too.

Both are still dangerous though.

And the ref forgot the rule on batting balls out of bounds, too.

I do agree, Seattle is very dangerous in the post season. They have experience, a great defense, and a hard to tackle QB that throwing a lot of TDs and few picks. If the get Beastmode back they can give anyone a good fight.

And the ref forgot the rule on batting balls out of bounds, too.

I do agree, Seattle is very dangerous in the post season. They have experience, a great defense, and a hard to tackle QB that throwing a lot of TDs and few picks. If the get Beastmode back they can give anyone a good fight.

And that is the reason from the 3 Seattle is the last team I want to face, especially since they have the swagger of 3-0 against us in the playoffs.  

For those saying they would prefer Green Bay... You have to understand that the Cardinals defense is incredibly good.  They shut down just about everyone they play.  They made the Packers look like a shell of their former selves.  I think Green Bay is still an incredibly dangerous team especially in the playoffs.  I would prefer the Vikings or Seattle if our Coordinator can follow the Cowboys and Rams on shutting down Wilson (keep him in the pocket and drop 7 or 8 into coverage with a spy?).  The Vikings rely on the running game and if our defense can slow down AP and make them one dimensional we are fine.  The problem is I don't see that happening so the best option would be to get a lead and make them one dimensional in the passing game.  From there I think the Redskins have the advantage.

Per Redskins.com

Here are the scenarios for each team to get the No. 5 seed:

Green Bay:

-- The Packers must lose to the Vikings on Sunday Night Football. In that case, the Vikings would earn the No. 3 seed in the NFC and be NFC North champions.

Minnesota:

--The Vikings must lose to the Packers, and the Seahawks must lose to the Arizona Cardinals. In that case, the Packers will have earned the NFC North title and locked up the No. 3 seed.

Seattle:

-- The Seahawks must defeat the Cardinals on the road and the Packers must defeat the Vikings. In that situation, the Packers would secure the No. 3 seed and the NFC North title by defeating the Vikings, while Minnesota would be pushed down to the No. 6 seed.

After running the simulations, for those who are anti-Seahawks, be rooting for the Vikings and the Cardinals to win next week.  

But even if the Vikings lose, if the Seahawks lose, this just means we'll play Minnesota.  It looks less likely that we'll be playing Seattle.

I think Im okay with playing any of those 3 teams to be honest.  The packers have really struggled this year.  The vikings have been an improvement, but not world beaters.  And the Seahawks, though they saw a massive resurgence, are now without their top 2 RBs.  I would like to play them the least, but if we had to I feel better about it than 2 weeks ago.  Regardless making the playoffs was amazing, everything now is just gravy.

Guy you guys forget the Sheep sweep the Sea Chickens this year.  Its something about that team that the Sheep get up for and get it done.  So don't think for a second the Sea Chickens would  be the easiest of the 3.  In fact with Willson and our issues at stopping mobile QBs he will kills us I am sure.  And their D will give our O trouble.

Best matchup is GB for us, with a close 2nd the Vicqueens.  A very distance 3rd IMO is Seattle.  

Unless the Cardinals win, in which case the GB game becomes irrelevant in terms of Seattle playing the Redskins.

If the cardinals win (all signs point to them actually playing the starters), then Seattle would be the 6 seed anyways.

It seems like a lot has to happen for the Skins to play Seattle at this point.

thoughts.....

Minny is a buzzsaw right now. really would rather not. this is my least favorite matchup. AP would probably destroy us, & they really match up the best against us out of any playoff team. (in a sense that what they do best is what we do worst).

GB is certainly having some signs of trouble. i feel like we would match up with them well, especially at home, but their run game could have some success against us, & if so...Rodgers will have a field day with us. still...what we do well, both offensively, & defensively, matches up very well with what they try to do. i wouldn't feel confident, but i would like our chances. key factor here is i think we would be able to get a lot of pressure on Rodgers...but i worry about him breaking contain.

Sea......oh Seattle....how i want revenge. today, as it stands, without Beastmode, i like this matchup the most. if he comes back fully healthy, i still like the matchup...but much less so. right now without him, the Seachickens are 1 dimensional, & while that's a pretty darn good dimension for them, it's what we seem to be doing very well at defensively. i like our ability to score points, even against their D...with the key here being that we have begun really opening up the playbook, & allowing Kirk to dictate tempo, & operate at full-go.

Jordan Reed will be a nightmare matchup for any of these 3 teams, but especially Seattle. i think GB will try to use Clinton-Dix, & Minny will try Harrison Smith...but Seattle has gotten bludgeoned by TE matchups all year long, & Reed will have been the best one they've faced so far should it come to that. DJax has also given Sherman fits, & KC has had decent success against Seattle in the past...& that's BEFORE we exponentially upgraded our OL. Seattle's OL is also a sieve right now....but Russell Wilson's escapability is a huge concern.

here's the thing...i don't think we've earned the right to feel superior to any of these teams, but i definitely feel that on paper, these matchups are a lot more tilted in our favor than certainly the media would even hazard to consider. better still is that i can guarantee that unless we play our starters vs Dalla$$, & absolutely steamroll them, the media narrative will be massively slanted against us even worthy of discussion. i mean...just the mere mention of us against any of those teams elicits hearty laughter on every show i watch.

this plays into our favor. this team has a huge chip on its shoulder, & the more the media disrespects us...the more we get to ride on that wave of emotion. i love that the entire world keeps feeding us bulletin board material on a weekly basis, & we don't even have to say a word about it. there are still pundits showing disgust in Cousins' performance thus far...as if it flies in the face of common sense, & renders the laws of physics obsolete. my favorite being the way any success on our part is handled with backhanded compliments left, & right, & an almost disdain from the media that the Redskins players/coaches even dared to call them out on their wonky predictions.

anywho........short version? i like our chances in the first round at least, but if i had to choose i would take Seattle. i love that no matter who we play, i can assure you that we're at least a 6.5 pt dog.

The reason why I like our chances against GB is their OL.   Check this writeup on their OL.

The day started with left tackle David Bakhtiari (ankle) on the game-day inactive list, meaning backup right tackle Don Barclay would have to start on the left side. The rest of the line was in place, including center Corey Linsley, who returned to the starting lineup after missing two games with an ankle injury.

But really, the line is ailing.

Right guard T.J. Lang has a shoulder injury that he said would have to be surgically repaired after the season. Guard Josh Sitton has a back injury that prevents him from practicing much during the week and is clearly affecting his play.

Right tackle Bryan Bulaga has been battling a knee injury much of the year and he was knocked out of the game after twisting his ankle. And Linsley aggravated his injury, although he was able to return to the game.

Things completely fell apart in the second half when McCarthy brought in Josh Walker to replace Bulaga and tried to protect Rodgers with a tackle tandem of Barclay and Walker. Barclay gave up multiple sacks and committed two blocking penalties and Walker gave up a pair of sacks and was eventually replaced by center JC Tretter.

here is the whole article if anyone wants to read it.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/under-weight-of-injuries-packers-offensive-line-crumbles-b99641108z1-363612151.html

Archived