Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OFFICIAL Root against the Seahags and Vikqueens thread

TimmySmith

I think we're one and done regardless of who we play. We are awful.

It looks that way for sure. But I'm never comfortable stating something like that out loud when a QB like Rodgers is on a team. He seems like he could win a post-season game or two all on his own before running out of steam. Having said that, if I had to pick between Minnesota, Green Bay, or Seattle...I'd let Rodgers and Ms. Munn stay in my house for the wild card round if it meant we got that match up. 

i think we match up much better with the packers and vikings than with the seahawks.  we typically struggle against running QBs, the seahawks defense still has a ton of playmakers, and were 0-3 against them over the past 3 playoff games.

the packers are a shell of themselves.  oline is battered, defense cant stop anyone, RB situation is a weekly mess, and they have one good WR in cobb and a bunch of mediocre unknowns.  obviously rodgers is a monster, but hes showing this year he cant do it all by himself.

the vikings are they typical old school team that is not built for playoff football in the modern NFL.  they play conservative run first offense with a solid defense, but bridgewater is mediocre at best, and their D doesnt scare me at all.  if we were to get out to an early lead against them, theyd never be able to play shootout football with us.  plus i like our speed against them, i see Reed being a massive problem for them.

give me minny or GB.  seahawks just as bad news written all over it.

You guys would destroy us I think. This team usually falters when the pressure is on.

I don't have any fantasies that the Redskins are ready to win in Carolina or Arizona, but I'd love for us to win our home playoff game and begin to establish a home field identity. In what was supposed to be a rebuilding year, a division title and home playoff win would be pretty exciting. Anything beyond that would be pretty far off. 

We'll see - Rodgers is still scary. And the idea of WANTING Rodgers as an opponent almost seems like a karmic punch to the gut would be right around the corner!

I'm just glad we took care of business Saturday night in Philly. Granted, us clinching most likely had an effect on the Giants' mindset tonight, but could you imagine your level of confidence in relying on NY to beat Philly next week after watching that turd sandwich?

Minnesota still seems like the favorable matchup for the Skins.  Am I oversimplifying things, or does Bridgewater remind me of Tyrod Taylor from last weekend?  I think the Skins could shut him down (although we didn't last season).  As mentioned above, Rodgers is still scary and, despite their slip-up today, Seattle is the most dangerous of the bunch.  I wonder if the back-to-back NFC champs care about who they go to play in round 1.

Minnesota still seems like the favorable matchup for the Skins.  Am I oversimplifying things, or does Bridgewater remind me of Tyrod Taylor from last weekend?  I think the Skins could shut him down (although we didn't last season).  As mentioned above, Rodgers is still scary and, despite their slip-up today, Seattle is the most dangerous of the bunch.  I wonder if the back-to-back NFC champs care about who they go to play in round 1.

How we gonna stop AP?  We don't do well with great running backs.

GB looks terrible. Rodgers has nobody to throw to and their D is among the worst. I think we'd beat them handily, although of course there is the Aaron Rodgers factor and there is always a chance he just goes off in the playoffs as he's done before. I don't think he has the weapons around him this time though.

Vikings would be tough. They play great D and Peterson is a monster. They also have legit speed at WR. Very tough matchup. Winnable, but very tough.

And I still don't want anything to do with the Seahawks.

I'm pretty sure we get the Vikings the next two weeks.

Seahawks have to beat a Cardinals team still fighting for HFA throughout to make that happen.  If you win the division, you probably get a revenge game at Lambeau for last year's NFCCG debacle (unless you think the regular season win was revenge enough).

Even the Vikings terrific performance against the Giants tonight doesn't make me fear them. They are very one dimensional on offense, solid D though. You just know what the Seahawks bring. An elusive QB that makes game changing plays. I don't know Lynch's status but if he's back that's even worse. I would much rather face Minnesota 

It was on this board where I learned there can be no true despair without hope.

But, like, it'd be nice if they could just keep it to themselves for once, yeesh. Why must we always be forced to listen to that despair, cloaking the underlying hope in the hearts of the despondent, over and over and over again? Yeah, yeah, yeah... "venting", I know. But, by the very definition of venting, you're releasing something ugly (or unwanted) out of yourself and placing it somewhere else... which means that somewhere else is all the more uglier for it.    

Plus, denial gets annoying and is so not endearing. Nobody likes a front, show that underlying hope instead of the despair erupting from it, even if it's not rewarded often enough. Stop frontin'! :) 

Archived