Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Bye, bye, bananas

No Excuses

Typical of certain subset of society to feel threatened by the more educated. You must be Trumpettes. I'm happy and proud to be a banana elitist.

Oh yeah? If you don't knock this elitist crap off, Ill be forced to write Trump 2016 in chalk outside the front of your house to hold you hostage inside your safe space.

I agree with you, GMO = I'll try my absolute best not to touch it. That is getting extremely hard in the US as they are now fighting to make it so they don't have to put that a food is GMO on the label.

There is no evidence that GMO crops are dangerous or unsafe for consumption. 

The labeling is an absolutely unnecessary drag on the agricultural community, that will demonize a technology based on pseudoscience spread by junk organizations like Greenpeace.

I believe that your "special bananas" are better than my "standard bananas".   

but that is far far far different than saying my standard-bananas absolutely suck.

i made homemade ice cream last weekend.   Half fresh vanilla (rather than extract) and half banana -- standard banana .   It was better than your Breyers or your Ben&Jerry's or your Haagen Daas........ but damned if Breyers Ben&Jerry and Haagen Daas aren't damned delicious!

--- and by the way, i am literally eating a damned delicious standard -banana as i type this.   yellow, with spots setting in..... ****ing delicious and cheap!

Oh yeah? If you don't knock this elitist crap off, Ill be forced to write Trump 2016 in chalk outside the front of your house to hold you hostage inside your safe space.

Somewhere a college student read this and had to go to a safe space with their blankey.

Come to the tropics and eat some fat short fig mehson and then go try a store bought one. You won't be sitting around hammering Cavendish down your gullet for long.

This isn't like ice cream or pizza either.

Btw, ever make ice cream with just bananas? Amazing.

So the current most popular banana is threatened, but there a great many other varieties already in existence. The solution seems obvious, but I know nothing about the industry and that means I'm entirely wrong and the solution actually involves tremendous suffering. Why not just start to shift to different varieties of banana? Maybe even clone four kinds next time if you must clone the damn things. I can get multiple types of lettuce, which really strikes me as excessive btw, why must bananas be different?

So the current most popular banana is threatened, but there a great many other varieties already in existence. The solution seems obvious, but I know nothing about the industry and that means I'm entirely wrong and the solution actually involves tremendous suffering. Why not just start to shift to different varieties of banana? Maybe even clone four kinds next time if you must clone the damn things. I can get multiple types of lettuce, which really strikes me as excessive btw, why must bananas be different?

The current breed prospered at mass scale because it is much easier to grow it in different conditions and for transportation/trade. The rest at least to my understanding are limited to regional growth and distribution only.

I like bananas way better when they have just the tiniest shade of green left. When they start to get spotted they're too sweet and I think the texture gets worse.

I have zero problems making banana bread or pudding out of them though. Yum.

Archived