Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

1 hour ago, boobiemiles said:

Trump and Sessions burning bush politics. I feel so anointed. Who would have thought putting children in detention camps would make America great again.  

It makes real (read "white") America great again. These things are just the offspring of animals from ****hole countries. They don't count.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

This will be the lasting cultural legacy of the Trump and social conservative movement. Broken families and detention centers for little kids.

May these terrible people be voted out of relevance. Or maybe I have too much hope for future generations. 

Edited by No Excuses

Ken Gardner @KenGardner11
FollowFollow @KenGardner11
More

Instead of some appeal to feels, I’m going to lay out the facts explaining WHY these family separations are occurring. The first point to understand is that an Administration can choose to treat illegal immigration as either a misdemeanor (crime) or a civil wrong.

10:21 AM - 17 Jun 2018

They're occurring because Miller and Sessions are about as anti-immigrant as you can possibly get without going out in public wearing a hood or a swastika tattoo and Trump is just a sociopath so he simply sees this as a good bargaining chip to get what he wants. This is a policy of the administration. Period. They chose to do this. Anything else really is just spin or a blatant lie.

54 minutes ago, mistertim said:

They're occurring because Miller and Sessions are about as anti-immigrant as you can possibly get without going out in public wearing a hood or a swastika tattoo and Trump is just a sociopath so he simply sees this as a good bargaining chip to get what he wants. This is a policy of the administration. Period. They chose to do this. Anything else really is just spin or a blatant lie.

Hmmm. This has posted like 5 times.

47 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

CBP is turning back lawful asylum seekers, and then arresting them for entering illegally, so that their enabling bosses and political masters can declare "these people are not asylum seekers, they are breaking the law by entering illegally outside a port of entry."

1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:

CBP is turning back lawful asylum seekers, and then arresting them for entering illegally, so that their enabling bosses and political masters can declare "these people are not asylum seekers, they are breaking the law by entering illegally outside a port of entry."

they are making them wait till space opens up or go to a different location.

even in the article it showed people being admitted

rules are bothersome.

16 minutes ago, twa said:

they are making them wait till space opens up or go to a different location.

even in the article it showed people being admitted

rules are bothersome.

US Senator Merkley disagrees with your characterization.

These kinds of bull**** games and abuses of power are endemic in CBP. I've personally experienced it several times as a legal immigrant.

I had a friend coming through customs at Dulles last week and they insisted on taking some of her property, claiming it was illegal to bring in the quantity she had. She explained the law to them and was detained ... the reason they documented was "being argumentative."

Rules are rules.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:

US Senator disagrees with your characterization.

These kinds of bull**** games are endemic in CBP. I had a friend coming through customers at Dulles and they insisted on taking some of her property, claiming it was illegal to being in the quantity she had. She explained the law to them and was detained ... the reason they documented was "being argumentative."

You trust a Congresscitter more than me?

Govt always plays games and hates being told they are wrong.

Was she argumentative while explaining it to them?

2 minutes ago, twa said:

Was she argumentative while explaining it to them?

Given that she expressed an opposing view, she was, by definition being "argumentative." Her behavior was not characterized as "abusive", not "ill tempered", not "rude" or "disrespectful", but "argumentative."

This is normal behavior by CBP. Evey now and then, they behave like assholes.

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Given that she expressed an opposing view, she was, by definition being "argumentative." Her behavior was not characterized as "abusive", not "ill tempered", not "rude" or "disrespectful", but "argumentative."

kinda like non compliant with cops has consequences.

is she a fellow Contwarian ?

Edited by twa

Here's a story about conditions in child detention center, and the impact brought about by the adoption of the zero-tolerance policy

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-border-migrant-shelter-20180614-story.html

A carer was instructed to tell crying children that they can't hug their siblings for comfort. 'murica!

6 minutes ago, twa said:

kinda like non compliant with cops has consequences.

She was 100% compliant.  The CBP offer said they were going to take her legal property. She explained the law to him. She was detained for being "argumentative". It's a simple abuse of power.