Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN Mid-Atlantic: Source: Skins in mix to play in London next year

Boss_Hogg

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog/source-redskins-mix-play-london-next-year

Looks like we may be losing a home game next year.

I never thought this would happen, but the writing was on the wall with sluggish ticket sales and thousands of seat removals.

We could potentially be in line with the likes of Jacksonville, Miami, Oakland, St Louis, San Diego, and Tampa Bay; teams that struggle to fill home stadiums with local fans.

Makes me sad how far our franchise has fallen.

We'd have less trouble "selling tickets" if we stopped sucking.  Give us a year or two, and this needs be an away game. 

Sorry to sound skeptical, but this sounds more like trying to make as much coin as possible as opposed to compensating for ticket sales.  I don't see the relation between us and the "home teams" of the last couple games they've done this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_International_Series

You look at the time period each of those teams lost a home game and you can make a much better case for that then taking one from us.  Most of those teams have been in danger of relocating, that's not us.

Why would it mean losing a home game? Is there a chance we would be the away team? Away games for next season are Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Cincinnati, and either Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis or San Francisco (depending on where we finish and they finish in standings).

You read the article yet?  The rumor coming along with this from the Post is we will be giving up a home game if we do this.  Again, it is just a rumor.

If it means the Skins losing a home game, lets make it the Pittsburgh game since that's going to be a de facto road game (or at the very best neutral) anyway.

I'm assuming that if the Skins do lose a home game, that STHs would only be charged for nine games next season, right?

You read the article yet? The rumor coming along with this from the Post is we will be giving up a home game if we do this. Again, it is just a rumor.

Ah you're right, it does say that. So if we get chosen for one of those games, it would either be against packers, Vikings, Browns, steelers, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, or one of the NFC south teams (depending on which one we play since that won't be known till the end of the year). I bet London would actually enjoy that for a change instead of crappy teams like jets vs Dolphins or Jaguars vs bills.

Norwegian airlines is about to offer $69 flights to Europe. I've wanted to go back.

I have no interest in England. Germany I'd like to check out. If there were games in France or Italy, I'd consider making it a point.

I bet the fans would understand when to cheer and when not to. You could probably stand up when you get excited, without someone telling you, you're ruining everything.

Let's face it, we don't have a home field advantage anyway.

This London idea is just stupid and trying to expand the NFL overseas is a horrible idea.

That said, road trip anyone?

:D

I will definitely go with you.  I travel to London quite frequently, and I think it would be awesome to attend a game over there.

Well that's what bad teams do. They play in London.

Like the Patriots and Saints, the Giants the same season they eventually won the SuperBowl, the 49ers the year after they went to the SuperBowl. The Saints played there in 2008 the same year Brees threw for 5,000 yards for the first time in his career. 

Yep, exclusively bad teams. 

You read the article yet? The rumor coming along with this from the Post is we will be giving up a home game if we do this. Again, it is just a rumor.

I wouldn't call it a rumor. The team has known they were in the running for London for months now.

I wouldn't call it a rumor. The team has known they were in the running for London for months now.

I'm not surprised. When I was watching the Jets/Dolphins over the weekend, I wondered when we would be in the running for a London game. After all, they only send crappy teams and we've been one for quite some time now.

That said, I REALLY like the 9:30am EDT football games. Waking up, throwing some coffee on, and sitting down to watch football. I'd welcome getting to watch a Skins game that early.

I'm not surprised. When I was watching the Jets/Dolphins over the weekend, I wondered when we would be in the running for a London game. After all, they only send crappy teams and we've been one for quite some time now.

That said, I REALLY like the 9:30am EDT football games. Waking up, throwing some coffee on, and sitting down to watch football. I'd welcome getting to watch a Skins game that early.

Get yourself over there, after all it's one of the finest cities on the planet. 

The possibility of playing in London or possiblity of losing a home game to play in London?  True on the mumers of playing overseas, but losing a home game, I'll admit to being wrong if I am but that caught me off guard a little.

Archived