Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cousins Is The Man

Veryoldschool

A guy emailed it to Czaban and they spent 30 minutes discussing it. 

Loverro basically thinks it is all Snyder (because he still loves 10) and that Kirk secretly hates the Skins and is counting the days until he can leave.

*ahem*...

I just wanna make sure I understand what all the hand-wringing is about:

We are fearing that we might end up with an elite-level franchise QB at the end of the season...and that we will lose that QB because:

1) Snyder won't spend $$ on the guy who replaced his BFF and is probably forcing Scot M to get Griffin back on the roster and/or...

2) Scot M won't value having an elite-level franchise QB thus will make Cousins an offer that's even lower than the one he gave him this year and/or...

3) Numerous other teams will gladly pay Cousins $40 mil a year plus stock in Jiffy Lube and we will have to cut half the roster to keep him and/or...

4) Cousins will simply refuse to play for the Redskins because he feels disrespected by his teammates, the coaches, the front office, the owner, the entire city, and that one guy at Starbucks who wrote "Kurt" on the side of his latte...

Was I close? lol

It's damn near impossible to parody what some out there are willing to believe lol...

Well that is encouraging coming from the guy who drafted Heath Shuler.

And David Carr. Not to mention Micahel Westbroke, and half a dozen more first round busts. Heck, even Cerrato's first rounders look like genius compared to Charley.

I can see him being behind Eli and a healthy Tony Rhomo, but Bradford?....Bradford?....wtf?....Bradford?.......

I suppose it is tough for Casserly to be well informed about the entire league but saying Cousins is 4 best in a division that includes Bradford is ridiculous.  Given an opportunity to choose between Bradford and Cousins I can't imagine too many clubs would opt for Bradford.  Given a choice I think at least some clubs would pick Cousins over romoSUCKS and Manning because Cousins is a young healthy guy who is on the rise and romoSUCKS and Manning on the down slope.

LOL! I never thought about it that way. I often scratch my head when Charlie talks, and wonder how he ever worked in the league.

He learned enough from Beathard to be able to find some obscure gems in the rough like Brian Mitchell or Joe Jacoby. As such, he was a competent scout, but absolutely PUTRID as a GM....in WAYYYY over his head....think of Norvo the Clown as offensive coordinator versus the nightmare of Noriega-face as head coach.

Even excluding 2015 (Cousins' best year by far), Cousins' career ANY/A is significantly higher than Bradford's career ANY/A (5.7 vs. 5.3).  I'm not buying that Bradford has gotten some kind of raw deal or is still an unknown - he's dropped back almost 2500 times at the NFL level.  If the average QB has about 500 pass attempts per year, then he's played just shy of 5 full NFL seasons.  There are likely very few QBs in NFL history who made large leaps in efficiency at this stage of their careers.  Rich Gannon was already a 2x Pro Bowler and 1x All Pro at a similar stage in his career as Sam Bradford is now (in terms of # of pass attempts).  Alex Smith had already led his team to back-to-back 13-3 and 6-2-1 records by the time he had as many pass attempts as Bradford has now.

(just randomly thinking about late blooming QBs)

If Bradford turns out to be a multi-Pro Bowler, it would surprise me a lot more than if Cousins turns out to be a Brees, Brady, Warner, Manning level QB.

For anyone that's been to training camp, how has cousins looked so far? Bad? Good? More good than bad? More bad than good?

I haven't been to camp, but the overall perspective from reports seems to be that Cousins looks far more in control of the offense, more of a leader, more confidence, still really decisive with his passes, has both really good moments and some less-than-stellar moments (as is with 85% of the QBs around the league), has perhaps thrown one or two INTs too many, is really accurate on his mid-range pass attempts, and his deep ball needs some more work (I think a few have been underthrown, maybe?). But nothing that seems to concern anyone.

Kirk Cousins is going to be a first team all pro this season and quite possibly will be the league MVP while leading our beloved Washington Redskins to a 23-0 record and their forth Lombardi trophy.

Really though, do you post anything of substance here? This gets old in every thread.

1) 22-0

2) Fourth

Explains why he thinks spaight could be the next Ray Lewis

Or Dick Butkus. :)

Really though, do you post anything of substance here? This gets old in every thread.

Call me Mr. Optimist.

Or his crack pipe.

I prefer bath salts but thanks for the kind words

watching Cousins this morning on 1st take on YouTube and I was simply blown away how humble he is, how confident he is and how likeable he is.  Love D Hall and Norman also and did you guys see Norman come up behind Cousins and hug him?  I have not see this kind of camaraderie with our team since the 80s when our players were a bunch of friends going out to kick butt. 

Then that idiot Max had to ruin everything with his idiotic comments about the name Redskins.  Best argument he could come up with was if there is 10% of people that think the name is offensive and racist that is good enough for me.  Seriously Max?  So if there is 10% that think homosexual people should not be allowed to get married nor even speak about their sexual orientation because they find it offensive is good enough for you to say they are right? 

watching Cousins this morning on 1st take on YouTube and I was simply blown away how humble he is, how confident he is and how likeable he is. Love D Hall and Norman also and did you guys see Norman come up behind Cousins and hug him? I have not see this kind of camaraderie with our team since the 80s when our players were a bunch of friends going out to kick butt.

Then that idiot Max had to ruin everything with his idiotic comments about the name Redskins. Best argument he could come up with was if there is 10% of people that think the name is offensive and racist that is good enough for me. Seriously Max? So if there is 10% that think homosexual people should not be allowed to get married nor even speak about their sexual orientation because they find it offensive is good enough for you to say they are right?

Kirk Cousins gets his humble confidence from his faith in Jesus Christ.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/02/17/how-faith-will-influence-kirk-cousinss-free-agency-decision/

http://beyondtheultimate.com/athlete/Kirk-Cousins

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/12/01/kirk-cousins-washington-nfl

He won't play the last preseason game...

I see.

Archived