Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

007- Bond, James Bond.

88Comrade2000

Read an interesting theory on Connery as Bond and The Rock. Theory was Connery's character in the Rock is actually supposed to be "James Bond".

The supporting argument was kinda funny

Wasn't his character supposed to be a criminal though ?

He wasn't a criminal. He was an SAS whom the british government refused to acknowledge existed, who had evidence of all the US secrets...

And he was never technically freed. He was allowed out to help them break into Alcatraz.

Because he broke out of Alcatraz.

Wasn't his character supposed to be a criminal though ?

Because he broke out of Alcatraz.

He was never jailed for being a criminal. He was initially jailed at Alcatraz because he was an SAS with top secret info on the US (roswell, Kennedy assassination, etc.).

He then broke out of Alcatraz, was re-captured and put into solitary at a different prison and basically forgotten about. Never received a trial, and identity was always hidden

Agreed, I am not seeing a black actor, I am seeing someone that could pull off a realistic James Bond character.

Elba would crush it imo.  And if they were smart, they would make him an offer, while he is popular and a perfect fit (age, build, etc.).  He's 42-43 right now, they could make at least 3-4 great movies before needing to switch it up again. 

I really don't think my picking Idris is because he's the black one of the bunch, I think it's despite of it.  He just has a body of work which sets him up as a tough, smart and suave guy (to varying degrees of each) in a way that my preconceived notions of what Bond should be agrees with.  

Completely agree.  Not that skin color should matter (and I don't think it does for most), but to me, Idris embodies everything you'd expect in Bond.  Handsome dude (no weird stuff), mature look, heavy British accent, swagger, and the ability to kick ass.  Idris meets all those check marks.  

Story line for Idris Bond:

Bad guys are tired of losing to James Bond, so after they plant one of their sexy operatives to seduce Bond, they collect his DNA to make a clone. So clean, shaven good Idris Elba Bond faces (hah) off against evil goateed Idris Elba Bond. 

Story line for Idris Bond:

Bad guys are tired of losing to James Bond, so after they plant one of their sexy operatives to seduce Bond, they collect his DNA to make a clone. So clean, shaven good Idris Elba Bond faces (hah) off against evil goateed Idris Elba Bond.

So the first Black James Bond has to be a bad guy?

tumblr_nn49fkyFgi1rnzz12o1_400.gif

Yeah. 'Cause a super suave, althletic guy is also a cold blooded killer and gets super special weapons built for him by the British gov't is utterly believable. "James Bond" is like Dread Pirate Roberts—the person "inherits" the title. 

James Bond is like the same age in each new era. So it's basically a new James Bond with each new Bond actor.

Or I'm sure they can write in a race transplant.

hqdefault.jpg

Archived