Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jumbo's Chop House: The official 2015 twitter MEGA thread, it's HUGE, feat: MC SweetTweetDelete and the MODifications, What not included, RGIII free

SWFLSkins

Its funny to see the most maligned pick by the Redskins, Matt Jones, is only a short time later being regarded as quite possibly their best pick so far.  If he pans out, it goes to show you you never draft a guy based on where OTHER people think he should be drafted.  If they think hes a 5th round talent, and you think hes much better, take him early.

Lake Lewis Jr @LakeLewis 2h2 hours ago

Y'all got me out here in Ashburn trying to respond back to your tweets while I'm driving. You know that's not right lol #irespectmyfans

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 53s54 seconds ago

Rich Tandler retweeted Chick Hernandez

Would think that they are double- and triple-checking results before announcing anything #learnfrommistakes

Rich Tandler added,

Chick Hernandez @CHICKatCSN
RG3 underwent further tests with neurologist Friday. Source close to Griffin says QB was not told whether he is cleared or not. #Redskins

Chick Hernandez @CHICKatCSN 3m3 minutes ago

RG3 underwent further tests with neurologist Friday. Source close to Griffin says QB was not told whether he is cleared or not. #Redskins

Redskins are expected to keep RGIII on 53-man roster today, as @JeffDarlington reported. Not everyone in their building is happy about it.

Conor Orr @ConorOrr 6s7 seconds ago

Heard the Giants have informed tight end Adrien Robinson of his release this morning, per a source.

☜Robert Thomas™ @Razorback98 24s25 seconds ago

1f612.png

Looks like he is cut

David Thompson @ReadOptionBlog 26s27 seconds ago

Kinda surprised we haven't heard of more Redskins cuts by now

JeRon Hamm @j_hamm86 27s27 seconds ago

Thank you for my ups and my downs 1f64f.png1f64f.png1f64f.png

T @TMM75 2m2 minutes ago

T retweeted Alecko Eskandarian

#Redskins

T added,

Alecko Eskandarian @alecko11
I have just read that the neurologist involved in the RG3 concussion fiasco is Dr. Kurtzke...

T @TMM75 2m2 minutes ago

#Redskins #OhSnap

T added,

10 years ago when I suffered a Grade 3 concussion that took me a year to recover from, Dr. Kurtzke suggested to "just keep taking Tylenol".

T @TMM75 1m1 minute ago

#Redskins #WTF

T added,

The fact that this quack still works w/ high profiled athletes is A JOKE. This man put my life at risk and is a name I will never forget.

Alecko Eskandarian @alecko11 14m14 minutes ago

I cannot tell you how much pent up anger I have towards this man, as he is the same doc who nearly caused me brain damage and maybe worse...

Will Compton @_willcompton 15s15 seconds ago

Per source, Redskins only allowed to keep 53

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 17s17 seconds ago

We got a comedian here guys! RT @_willcompton: Per source, Redskins only allowed to keep 53

It's more than smart, baby, it's steam powered! B)

(I think Rexx took me seriously :P)

Oh **** LOL

I think all this back up stuff is just a strategy to maximize trade value. Could be wrong but that's what it looks like. But if I am wrong then that means Danny boy still has not learned his lesson and is still interfering with decisions he pays others to make.

"Surprises" and convoluted behind the scenes stuff involving anyone and everyone (it seems at times) connected to the org via employment or ancillary relationship, have regularly been a theme with this franchise (even with Scot here now as we see).

More such may yet be coming. 

It's just one reason that posters who build these multi-layered platforms of "how they see it" largely reinforced with speculations, interpretations, and projections about what some Redskin figure said/meant, with such firmness of stance, would usually do just as well applying the same to a handful of bird bones cast upon the ground.

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN 2m2 minutes ago

I second this. Strongly. RT: @richarddeitsch: All sports fans should read the timeline of @alecko11 ASAP.

It's just one reason that posters who build these multi-layered platforms of "how they see it" largely reinforced with speculations, interpretations, and projections about what some Redskin figure said/meant, with such firmness of stance, would usually do just as well applying the same to a handful of bird bones cast upon the ground.

I have found that well chewed T bones work just as well.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 5m5 minutes ago

Unsure of the timetable for cuts today, but so far, bubble players and their camps haven't heard anything.

Andrew Brandt @adbrandt 2m2 minutes ago

Teams used to hold info on which players released. Now players tweet out their releases, agents use Twitter as notice to other teams.

Rick Snider ‏@Snide_Remarks 4m4 minutes ago

Redskins know Griffin cut would be signed elsewhere. If he did well there is what terrifies them.

If I were GM today I'm getting on the phone with an AFC team and offering them RG3 and next years 7th to take him in trade with the wording he cannot be traded to anyone else this season

Doing that gives me some cap flexibility this year and next year and a clear message to the team that the RG3 era is over and allows me to ensure that no one in the NFC gets him this year

Thinking that we are going to get a pick for him is wrong and Scot can get another 7th round pick if he wanted to replace that one. Small price to pay for peace of mind imo

"Surprises" and convoluted behind the scenes stuff involving anyone and everyone (it seems at times) connected to the org via employment or ancillary relationship, have regularly been a theme with this franchise (even with Scot here now as we see).

More such may yet be coming. 

"Wait awhile....see what happens." - Me, in the last tweet thread lol...

There's no deadline to voice your opinion, people...you won't run out of time.

Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter

Redskins are expected to keep RGIII on 53-man roster today, as @JeffDarlington reported. Not everyone in their building is happy about it.

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington

Redskins’ decision to keep RG3 on active 53 (once he clears concussion protocol) has seal of approval from GM, coach and owner, I’m told.

Wasn't Schefter the one who had the article about how Snyder was keeping Gruden, Scot M and Allen from "moving on" from Griffin?...seems like he's doubling down on that belief.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 42s42 seconds ago

#Redskins cut Takoby Cofield. But he's expected back on the practice squad if he clears waivers, per source

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 3m3 minutes ago

#Redskins cut tackle Takoby Cofield with the hope of assigning him to the practice squad, according to a source.

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 
keim_john_m.jpg

The Redskins have made at least two more cuts Saturday, releasing tackle Takoby Cofield and guard Tyler Larsen, per sources. The Redskins do like Cofield so it would make sense for them to re-sign him to the practice squad. They have him their highest signing bonus among undrafted players.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 5m5 minutes ago

With T. Cofield cut per multiple reports the #Redskins are down to 10 OL. Ty Nsekhe and Tom Compton backup OTs. Does Nsekhe make it?

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 5m5 minutes ago

Redskins cut G Tyler Larsen, source confirms. @john_keim first reported.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 8m8 minutes ago

Rookie Cofield would be a practice squad candidate. Nsekhe, who is 29, is eligible but older than most teams prefer for developmental PS.

Dianna Marie Russini @diannaESPN 14s15 seconds ago

There are many moving pieces today. Rosters are really not settled until next week. Reminder: if a player has 4 or more years of service...

Dianna Marie Russini @diannaESPN 26s27 seconds ago

on an active roster a week from today he is guaranteed his salary for the year. Why many vets get cut today.

Dianna Marie Russini @diannaESPN 45s45 seconds ago

Dont be shocked by names today. They might be back a week from Tuesday.

Adam @DC9AdamW 1m1 minute ago

Chip just released Tebow so that the Titans pick him up and cut Mariota so that the Eagles can pick him up. - Eagles fans

keim_john_m.jpg

The Redskins have released tight end Je'Ron Hamm per source. But there is interest in signing him to the practice squad. This leaves Washington with two full-time tight ends plus Tom Compton.

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 31s31 seconds ago

Burgundy Blog retweeted Rich Tandler

This is how I called it.

Burgundy Blog added,

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN
Hamm’s departure also leaves room for a 7th wide receiver. Perhaps Ross and Spencer both make it.

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 1m1 minute ago

RB trey Williams released, source says.

keim_john_m.jpg

The Redskins have released linebacker Terrance Plummer per source. Plummer was an undrafted free agent considered who had a strong preseason and is a practice squad candidate.

Im not against two TE's...but one of them is Jordan Reed! So can already tell that in a game he will get injured and we play with one.

Dont give me the Compton crap. He is not going to run a TE route XD. His cardiovasculair endurance cant handle that.

Reed can't block anyways. So if he goes down on game day, you just go 3 or 4 wide and you're in the same situation.

Im not against two TE's...but one of them is Jordan Reed! So can already tell that in a game he will get injured and we play with one.

Dont give me the Compton crap. He is not going to run a TE route XD. His cardiovasculair endurance cant handle that.

Don't worry. It's still early. PLENTY of TEs will become available within the next few days.

Zack Moore @ZackMooreNFL 11m11 minutes ago

Zack Moore retweeted Brendan Schaub

Lol uh oh...

Zack Moore added,

Brendan Schaub @BrendanSchaub
Anyone wanna go burn some Philadelphia Eagles merchandise with me? Hey Chip Kelly lose my number. 1f614.png

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 12m12 minutes ago

Chip Kelly decides not to keep Tim Tebow as No. 3 QB http://at.nfl.com/14kCwpK

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 13m13 minutes ago

Houston Bates has been waived per source

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 14m14 minutes ago

Houston Bates cut but could wind up on practice squad.

Archived