Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread Vol. II (with respect to vol. I's OP--rincewind)

Jumbo

6 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Kristofferson sums it up pretty well. "They hated us."

Kristofferson was an interesting character. A Rhodes Scholar at Oxford. An Army helicopter pilot, who completed Ranger school, and was asked to be an English literature professor at West Point, but instead chose to pursue his music career.

He wasn't the best singer, but he wrote some excellent songs, that a lot of artist went on to cover. 

If you're a man who's ever been truly in love, you should listen to " Loving Her Was Easier ", at least once, and if you've ever woke up hungover,  try " Sunday Morning, Coming Down ". 🙂

----------------------------------

So I was doing a " seen live " count on the previous page, and I counted four.

I saw the Black Crowes somewhere around 45.times over about a 23 year time period. 

I saw the Rolling Stones three times.

I saw Wang Chung open up for the Cars.

And, I saw Billy Strings for the first time, last year.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Thumb up 2

From the list

Supergroupin'

Nobody quite like the Arctic Monkeys

Such a good track

Fun with psychos

And one more just because. If this is the only one you click, you'll be happy you did. This is 3:33 of pure brilliance.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

There is a story behind this song.  A young Taze went to the mall with my parents in the late 80s (maybe 88/89).  I bought 2 Live Crew "The 2 Live Crew Is What We Are" cassette.  I was sporting my walkman, listening to it in the back of my dad's car.  Then out of the blue he asks me to give him my new cassette to play it for me in the car.  I was like dad, I'm good just listening to it on my walkman.  He kept pushing, I kept resisting.  He finally says, "Give me the God damn tape!!".  I do.........it was horrible.

I sat there while We Want Some **** played, in front of my mom...........then after a few lyrics he asked if I thought that applied to my mom. I yelled no, then he just cursed me and ejected the tape, tossed it out of the window to be exploded on the interstate.  That night sucked so bad.

NSFW - Explicit Lyrics

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2