Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

BREAKING NEWS, OUT of the Submitted one ES situation room. Tonight with SWFL retweeting, cancel cable, dump the dish, go directly to the trash.....Still trying to confirm?

Just In: CBS announces it will stream all of the network's NFL games online for free

Nope. Not all. Just 2

The network said it planned to stream two regular-season games and four playoff games, as well as Super Bowl 50 from Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif. The coverage will be available on laptops, desktops and tablets at CBSSports.com and on televisions through select devices such as Xbox One, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku players and Roku TV models.

All of the games will be available for free, with no authentication of a subscription to a cable or satellite provider required.

CBS Sports will stream national broadcast of a game between the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins on October 4 at 9:30 a.m. Eastern. CBS Sports will also stream a game between the Carolina Panthers and the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, November 26.

Do people not remember how often Cousins was connecting with DJax on deep routes last year? They were on fire and DJax had a stretch of games with 50+ yard TD's and games with multiple deep catches. Cousins has the arm but he also puts a ton of touch on his deep throws to drop it right in the basket. He's got the arm to get it out there but more importantly he puts the air under it to let the receiver get underneath it. 

Yes, Cousins has the arm to toss it deep. It's McCoy who lacks a cannon. If mcCoy could launch them deep enough to match D-Jax's speed, I'd think he could be the #1

Man I just echoed this EXACT sentiment to a friend of mines yesterday.

Facts Only@Domo_LXXXVI 5m5 minutes ago

" Gruden, who during the preseason has dialed up 111 running plays and 90 pass plays." This is encouraging

Trying to be optimistic that this wasn't just something for the preseason but Jay's history shows maybe it was. Here's to hoping he finally gets the concept of running your opponents into the ground, literally..

Trying to be optimistic that this wasn't just something for the preseason but Jay's history shows maybe it was. Here's to hoping he finally gets the concept of running your opponents into the ground, literally..

Not sure our running game has been working well enough for us to maintain that ratio.

(I wish that it was. Just don't think it has been.)

Do people not remember how often Cousins was connecting with DJax on deep routes last year? They were on fire and DJax had a stretch of games with 50+ yard TD's and games with multiple deep catches. Cousins has the arm but he also puts a ton of touch on his deep throws to drop it right in the basket. He's got the arm to get it out there but more importantly he puts the air under it to let the receiver get underneath it. 

I definitely notice these things about him and yea I like them alot...

Now, this is "eye test" so anyone can tell me I'm wrong, but Cousins "can" show great arm strength on intermediate routes too but I feel like sometimes because he throws anticipation/timing routes a lot once defenses figure out his "wind up" is when he gets into trouble.  Like, he can throw with zip but his motion gets longer to do so, which is what gets him into trouble.  

I definitely notice these things about him and yea I like them alot...

Now, this is "eye test" so anyone can tell me I'm wrong, but Cousins "can" show great arm strength on intermediate routes too but I feel like sometimes because he throws anticipation/timing routes a lot once defenses figure out his "wind up" is when he gets into trouble. Like, he can throw with zip but his motion gets longer to do so, which is what gets him into trouble.

he use to. He use to be bad at changing sides. He use to be bad at planting on bootlegs and he use to get rattled under pressure, but according to preseason and his off-season coach, he doesn't do those things anymore.

Not sure our running game has been working well enough for us to maintain that ratio.

Yea that has a lot to do with it as well. But honestly speaking, whether the run-pass ratio is 50/50, 60/40, or 90/10 I could really care less.. Just want so badly to see this team consistently win!!

Maybe that is what Jay was referring to when he said about keeping it close? You know old school controlling the clock? Just guessing here, hahaa. I have no idea what he'll do, hope he does utilize the run to slow the game down and keep the pressure off the passing game. 

Put Trey out there as a WR too. https://vine.co/v/eIeYwz0Tdlt 

https://vine.co/v/eIeYwz0Tdlt

Maybe that is what Jay was referring to when he said about keeping it close? You know old school controlling the clock? Just guessing here, hahaa. I have no idea what he'll do, hope he does utilize the run to slow the game down and keep the pressure off the passing game. 

Put Trey out there as a WR too. https://vine.co/v/eIeYwz0Tdlt 

https://vine.co/v/eIeYwz0Tdlt

There was another JG who rolled into DC as a pass-happy offensive innovator and ended up winning titles cramming the ball down teams' throats. 

I think it's tough to fairly test the running game in the first quarter against fresh defenders. Like a boxer using body shots, it's intended to wear the opponent down.

I was bored and watched Cousins highlights from last year.  

Bad games :

- Giants MNF disaster! 

- Cards we moved the ball ok against a good defense but multiple turnovers

Good:

-The games against the Jags and Eagles were great except for the L against the Eagles!

-I was most impressed with the game against the Seahawks. Yes that was another loss, but Cousins numbers were 283yrds/2tds/0INT, despite Morris being closed down (13 carries for 29 yards), we had Morgan Moses in at LTf or a portion of the game and he(Moses) looked like a turn-style with extra WD-40. Cousins looked confident and like he was having fun.

Looking back the Titans game was not as bad as I remember, the 1 interception Cousins threw was terrible however we still had a lead at that point in the game.

Overall, I saw more good than bad and feel a little more revived after the media outlets and our own fans almost sucked the fandom out of me this week   :) .  

The ball was snapped at the 19 (Skins 19), Cousins threw it at the 10, Jackson caught it at the Jag's 30.

So, from scrimmage it was a 51 yard pass, from Cousins to DJax it was a 60 yard pass.

Sounds like he's got a good enough arm to me.

Yeah, I was just noting the games that matter.  ;)

lets not over look ... he hit the receiver in stride

Archived