Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HNGN: Planned Parenthood's Top Doctor Caught On Video Discussing The Sale Of Aborted Fetus Body Parts

Zguy28

It is true that Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, was involved in the eugenics movement. Many people were during the 1920s. However, that was a long time ago, and hasn't been representative of Planned Parenthood for many many decades.

No, it still is. They've gotten a lot better at camoflauging it, but at their core, they have the same philosophy.

No, it still is. They've gotten a lot better at camoflauging it, but at their core, they have the same philosophy.

Whatever you say.   I have heard conservative conspiracy theorists (and a couple of African American radical activists) make this claim, but I don't see any real evidence of it.  

Whatever you say. I have heard conservative conspiracy theorists (and a couple of African American radical activists) make this claim, but I don't see any real evidence of it.

It's fairly obvious. Frankly, I wish more people would be willing to embrace this aspect of it. Would solve a lot of America's cultural issues.

Its a Federal offense to sell fetus parts for profit

Of course, all medical procedures are gristly.  As Redskins3D accurately said, this will have an emotional impact even if the main allegations are false.   

Those of us who support abortion rights don't want to think about the procedures involved, just like those of us who eat meat don't want to watch a calf being butchered and made into hamburger.   

The butcher analogy is a good one, it's just disturbing to hear a human fetus discussed in the way you'd chat about food animals.  Where to crush it to preserve the clients requested parts is gruesome.  Humanity as raw materials butchered to order.  I support abortion as an option because the rights of women to control their own bodies is important, but I really wish there was a middle ground that was less disturbing. 

As for this issue, I don't trust right wing video investigations.  We can all thank James O'Keefe and the fraud he perpetrated that affected the lives of many Americans for that.  I will admit that it is enough to justify an investigation, but I'm not going to assume planned parenthood was guilty of anything until someone credible weighs in after taking a closer look. 

Whats interesting is that this pretty much kills the "lump of cells" argument.

You think this is really the first time for anyone to realize that an abortion terminates a fetus?

It's fairly obvious. Frankly, I wish more people would be willing to embrace this aspect of it. Would solve a lot of America's cultural issues.

It seems fairly obvious - to you.   And I don't even understand what you are saying with the rest of this post.

As for this issue, I don't trust right wing video investigations.  We can all thank James O'Keefe and the fraud he perpetrated that affected the lives of many Americans for that.

I will point out that O'Keefe didn't exactly invent the art form. That brush can paint numerous "journalists".

I'm not sure what sickens me more, the trafficking of baby parts or that the CEO makes $600,000 a year off what they do and the top leaders collectively are in the millions. That a heck of a non-profit.

http://m.aleteia.org/en/society/article/planned-parenthood-head-earns-almost-600000-5771741422944256

Executive pay is high in all industries.  As an example compare her pay as CEO to the salary of the NRAs Lobbying head as reported in 2012

Chris W. Cox, the executive director of the group’s lobbying efforts, was third. He earned just over $666,000.

I don't see the problem, 

Why worry over the sale of remains of someone after ya allow to have their skull crushed or dismembered?

not like they are serving them in restaurants.

I'm calling bull****.  

How many uses are there for undeveloped body parts from a fetus? Can anyone name one? At $30-$100 each, how many would you have to sell to make a profit and how could you hide such a quantity for so long?

Frankly I dont trust anything from the new breed of "documentary" film makers. Michael Moore (may he rot in hell) made creative editing an accepted medium for creating outrage. New techniques and software only make it easier to distort reality beyond recognition.

To quote Carl Sagan: “Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.”

I'm not sure what sickens me more, the trafficking of baby parts or that the CEO makes $600,000 a year off what they do and the top leaders collectively are in the millions. That a heck of a non-profit.

http://m.aleteia.org/en/society/article/planned-parenthood-head-earns-almost-600000-5771741422944256

Why shouldn't non-profits pay for highly skilled people? I'm talking any non-profit. After all, successful ones aren't run by idiots.

I'm calling bull****.  

How many uses are there for undeveloped body parts from a fetus? Can anyone name one? At $30-$100 each, how many would you have to sell to make a profit and how could you hide such a quantity for so long?

organs seem valuable, especially livers

not long ago folk were claiming fetal stem cells were critical to research......something change?

add

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1161085/Use-aborted-foetus-organs-transplants-urges-scientist.html

Kidneys and livers from aborted foetuses could be given to the desperately ill and ease the organ donor shortage, a leading scientist has claimed.

Professor Sir Richard Gardner, an Oxford University stem cell expert, said foetal tissues may offer a more realistic solution to the lack of organs than other technologies being developed.

science rocks

organs seem valuable, especially livers

not long ago folk were claiming fetal stem cells were critical to research......something change?

Stem cells are not organs and that isn't the claim here. Let's stick to the bull**** at hand before inserting more manufactured bull****.

How big is a fetus liver anyway?... the size of a grape? What do you use a fetus liver for? Transplanting into another fetus?

Stem cells are not organs and that isn't the claim here. Let's stick to the bull**** at hand before inserting more manufactured bull****.

How big is a fetus liver anyway?... the size of a grape? What do you use a fetus liver for? Transplanting into another fetus?

Livers continue to grow. In fact, they can take three to six months to reach normal size.

I'm fairly confident that the medical/bio companies that pay for this tissue do so for a reason. And they probably know a whole ton more about this than you, me, and everyone else in this thread will ever know about any three topics.

Livers continue to grow. In fact, they can take three to six months to reach normal size.

I'm fairly confident that the medical/bio companies that pay for this tissue do so for a reason. And they probably know a whole ton more about this than you, me, and everyone else in this thread will ever know about any three topics.

So livers continue to grow AFTER an abortion? Please... do tell more.

And you have to ASSUME that they *are* actually buying these organs in order to ASSUME they have a use for them we don't know about. 

Undercover video shows Planned Parenthood official discussing fetal organs used for research - The Washington Post

In a statement, a spokesman for Planned Parenthood said the video misrepresents the organization’s work. Planned Parenthood clinics, with a patient’s permission, may sometimes donate fetal tissue for use in stem-cell research, said the spokesperson, who added that the group’s affiliates, which operate independently, do not profit from these donations.

“At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does—with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards,” spokesman Eric Ferrero said. “In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.”

Now THAT makes sense.

So livers continue to grow AFTER an abortion? Please... do tell more.

And you have to ASSUME that they *are* actually buying these organs in order to ASSUME they have a use for them we don't know about. 

They will grow if implanted in a human. In fact, livers are the only organ that can regenerate. It's why it's so important to catch liver failure early. They can take actions to begin the regeneration process and avoid having to get a transplant. Its the same principle as an organ transplant. Get the organ in to the new body and it doesn't die. Well, hopefully.

And I assume that those companies that make massive leaps in medical research are buying them because that's what they're doing. It seems pretty logical that they would want regenerative tissue for medical research.

http://www.atmjournal.org/article/view/1187/1556

In this case, the company is called StemExpress and they've been doing this for quite a while. They are known to supply "human blood, tissue products, primary cells, and other clinical specimens to biomedical researchers around the world to fuel regenerative medicine and translational research." So, in other words, they're a middle man.

The only question involved is whether or not Planned Parenthood are selling them at a profit, thus violating Federal Law.

Archived