Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HNGN: Planned Parenthood's Top Doctor Caught On Video Discussing The Sale Of Aborted Fetus Body Parts

Zguy28

I'm having a vision of the far right Donald Trumps and the far left Ted Turners of the world... They disagree on just about everything but behind closed doors in their secret once a year weekend conference, they finally admit that they both love planned parenthood because it gets rid of a lot of potentially dumb people. Then the Donald Trumps admit that they need dumb people to build their hotels, and the Ted Turners admit that they need dumb people to save (and to make them feel good about themselves while lighting cigars with $100 bills). So again they find common ground. Then the weekend comes to an end and they go back to either hating planned parenthood because it kills too many potentially dumb people (Trumps), or loving it because it gives actual dumb people the right to not create more dumb people (Turners).

Both parties reliance on and pandering to the lowest subset is pretty alarming.

I was going to post something a little less graphic.

Does selling the parts somehow make it worse than throwing the parts out as medical waste?

I think ya should at least get some use out of them, profiting from it is a bit unseemly but certainly no more than from their death.

ya just need a good middle man

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/14/planned-parenthood-partner-baby-organ-trafficking-financial-profits/

An advertisement from StemExpress, one of Planned Parenthood’s partners, boasts of the “financial profits” that come from harvesting and distributing body parts and organs taken from aborted unborn babies.

The advertisement, which lists the many benefits of using StemExpress to distribute harvested human organs, explicitly highlights the financial rewards that come from aborting healthy unborn babies and then harvesting their bodies for organs and other tissue.

“Easy To Implement + Financial Profits,” blares one of the main headings in the StemExpress pamphlet.

“StemExpress promotes global biomedical research while also providing a financial benefit to your clinic,” reads one excerpt from the ad. Another section from the pamphlet says that StemExpress’s program also “fiscally rewards clinics” that choose to enroll.

never happened  :rolleyes:

I'm having a vision of the far right Donald Trumps and the far left Ted Turners of the world... They disagree on just about everything but behind closed doors in their secret once a year weekend conference, they finally admit that they both love planned parenthood because it gets rid of a lot of potentially dumb people. Then the Donald Trumps admit that they need dumb people to build their hotels, and the Ted Turners admit that they need dumb people to save (and to make them feel good about themselves while lighting cigars with $100 bills). So again they find common ground. Then the weekend comes to an end and they go back to either hating planned parenthood because it kills too many potentially dumb people (Trumps), or loving it because it gives actual dumb people the right to not create more dumb people (Turners).

I'm going to be honest. Had abortion not been guaranteed in 1973, I don't think the country would have survived the birth rate. Far too many people who are/were unable to care for themselves, would have had kids that they couldn't care for. The amount of money this would have cost would have been so large, the US would not have developed in the 80s and 90s like it did.

Three questions I'd like answered:

1 Does PP harvest fetal organs?

2 Do they practice procedures designed to facilitate said harvesting?

3 Does it matter?

1. No.

2. Yes, I suppose.

3. No, unless you're one of those people that refuses to accept both common sense and what SCOTUS has ruled.

I had a client in the early 90s - Osteotech - who "harvested body parts" (their term, not mine) from hospitals. They used these body parts, in part, to make demineralized bone mix. This mix, commonly called "bone glue", is used to treat traumatic bone breaks in humans. 

Large vats of body parts being treated was the highlight of the plant tour.

And, they paid the hospitals for the body parts recovered.

The fault in your logic is that  a strong PP in this scheme would have aborted Donald Trump as one of the dumb ones in the first place.  So that conversation would never have occurred.

So, you're saying, when you get old, they sell you to the glue factory?

For some people we might waive the 'old age' criteria.

That's great theatre.

I'd watch it over MMA on PPV. I sometimes feel bad for the human getting slaughtered.

1. No.

2. Yes, I suppose.

3. No, unless you're one of those people that refuses to accept both common sense and what SCOTUS has ruled.

#1 means they do not in your opinion, but #2 means they make a special effort to allow others afterwards?

(pretty sure they do it in house to preserve them)

#3 is not about the abortions, but rather the ethics of using the remains, which differs from a born child's organ donations in the matter of when we allow the taking of life.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/07/15/3680714/planned-parenthood-controversy/

" No, Planned Parenthood Isn’t Selling ‘Aborted Baby Parts’ "

Regardless of the potentially upsetting medical language, however, the Center for Medical Progress’ larger “findings” don’t hold up. Though the new investigation claims Planned Parenthood is profiting off the sale of fetal remains, Nucatola repeatedly emphasizes “tissue donation” and pushes back on the idea that her organization is selling anything. In the longer version of the raw video footage — which includes more than 150 additional minutes that didn’t make it into the final nine-minute version — there’s one instance when she says quite directly, “Nobody should be ‘selling’ tissue. That’s just not the goal here.”

On Tuesday, the Center for Medical Progress also published other documents that purportedly back up its claims, including a Planned Parenthood consent form for tissue donation. That form explains that “research using the blood from pregnant women and the tissue that has been aborted has been used to treat and find a cure for such diseases as diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, and AIDS” — and makes it very clear that donation is optional.

Why would anyone care if they WERE in fact selling the remains?

I mean, anymore than the people that already oppose abortion.  What is this revelation (allegedly) going to do to sway more peoples opinion?

I say go for it.  Sell what you can so you take less money from the Govt.

I mean, anymore than the people that already oppose abortion.  What is this revelation (allegedly) going to do to sway more peoples opinion?

I say go for it.  Sell what you can so you take less money from the Govt.

To be honest, I feel the same way. I had already assumed aborted fetuses (feti?) were given/donated/sold for science purposes.

:huh:

Because it makes room for the idea that money is now an incentive for an abortion.

Slippery slope argument caveats apply, but that would seem like the obvious concern to me.

Because it makes room for the idea that money is now an incentive for an abortion.

Slippery slope argument caveats apply, but that would seem like the obvious concern to me.

Would test tube fetus organs be more palatable?...or less?

Ethics are fun....will the condemned please rise

not you prisoner, the girl dying w/o a transplant. :ph34r:

Why would that be an issue?  Monetary considerations are already incentive/disincentive for abortions.

According to google, average cost to raise a child is now ~$245,000.  I think money is already a huge consideration regarding abortions. 

That said - I would be definitely opposed to selling organs or other products of abortions (or any other medical procedure - nothing unique about abortions in this regard) for profit.  I work a lot with UNOS (the united network for organ sharing) which coordinates organ transfers from donors to recipients.  While they aren't perfect, their approach strikes me as just about the most ethical way to deal with it.  

I'm often struck by the similarity between a lot of politics, and some old cartoons:

So, what I'm taking from this is that the Coyote is trying to take something that's not his, the sheep, which are owned by the rancher.  The coyote must engage in criminal behavior to accomplish his goals. He doesn't have a real job (and presumably refuses to get one), so he feels like society has "forced" him into this role, and he therefore justifies his actions in that manner.

The Rancher now has to hire the sheepdog in an effort to compensate for the risk now presented by the coyote. The cost of hiring the sheepdog, while steep, does not exceed the damage that the rancher would incur in the event he elected forgo the sheepdog's services. However, the Sheepdog's services still add additional costs to the Rancher's business operations.

To adjust for the cost of the sheepdog, which was a necessary expense to insure against further loss as a result of the criminal actions of the coyote, the rancher now must increase his price on wool 3% for his distributor/reseller customers, and 5% for his manufacturer customers. The rancher does not sell to end users, but the distributors/resellers sell to 3rd party manufacturers at a 6% markup, who then sell to their retail customers at a 10% markup. The rancher's direct manufacturer customers sell their finished product to retail establishments at a 8% markup.  Both retail establishments sell their end product to end-user/consumer at a 15% markup (remember, strictly as a result of the original markup by the rancher, and not including any standard markup the retailer would include for profit, overhead, etc.).  

So now the damn dirty democrat coyote has harmed the American public, again.  I can't believe that the republican sheepdog is actually sharing his coffee with him at lunch, knowing what the coyote is actually doing. But then the coyote discovers that the sheepdog is hooked on oxycotin, and threatens to tell his wife and go to CNN.  So an uncomfortable peace ensues between the two of them.

So, what I'm taking from this is that the Coyote is trying to take something that's not his,

My message was of the political Parties showing up for work in the morning, clocking in, then spending eight hours trying to kill each other, until the whistle blows, then thay say g'night, go home, and rest up for the next day.

Archived