Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

too bad for Howard and Dempsey. Everyone else pure ****. Utter ****. 

Arena, you’re garbage, killed this team with terrible tactics. Whipe the slate clean. This absolutely kills US soccer for the foreseeable future. For decades this is going to hurt.  US soccer is now an official JOKE 

• Like 2

We lose, Honduras and Panama both win.  Perfect firestorm.  We are out, not even fourth place.

What a disgrace. 

I don't know soccer strategy that well, but I saw a lot of laziness tonight.  And sloppy play.  No wonder they aren't going to the World Cup.

Well, lets see how ratings turn out now.

I bet folks that are fans of the game will watch and that's it.  They'd be watching anyway.

Absolutely disgrace.  I have nothing else.  I've said everything that I can on this.

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Soz to be the bearer of bad news but Panama wins amid mad crazy celebrations. 

Hail. 

They should celebrate.  They sacked the **** up.

We are broken.  We need to zero out from the top down.

• Like 2

I need to go look at who we played. We didn't win a single game on the road and lost two at home.  I mean all credit to the other countries in CONCACAF but what the hell? Where did it go wrong? 

Losing to Trinidad and Tobago is pretty bad.  For a must win (or at least tie) that effort was horrible.

• Like 1

For the first time since 1990, the US has not made the World Cup. 

I am rather new to this game. I started being a "real fan" and stopped being casual around 2010. I saw Donovan's kick against Algeria. I fell in love. That is when I stopped bashing soccer and started to embrace it. 

I've seen a lot of **** in my day. But I've never thought it come to this. The US, with the coming out party of Pulisic, edging so close to qualification only to fall short on the damp field in Trinidad and Tobago. Revenge, as Schoen put it, for "The Shot heard round the world". 

I'm sitting here stunned. My twitter timeline is filled with people who feel the same way. A lot of them want Gulati fired, or they want him to resign. Arenas is probably out too. They absolutely need to clean house. But I'm just in so much pain right now. 

The US was supposed to qualify easily through Concacaf. Concacaf HEX qualifying was supposed to be insanely easy even a caveman could do it. Mexico qualified for the World Cup winning one or two games out of the hex. I thought the US would have a field day. I thought that Arenas could guide them through. Turns out he wasn't the man. He can go too. 

The US has a bright future. Don't let nobody tell you different. Arenas is again probably gone but you put Ramos or someone else up there, someone who worked with the young kids. Pulisic and Morris will be back with more experience and they will guide the next generation. But that doesn't matter right now! 

After the USA lost to Belgium, as I sat in the bar in Arlington Virginia I said, I cannot wait for Russia. I can't wait to watch our team go out there and play our hearts out. We have a good team on the rise and Klinsmann will lead them to glory. And now, nearly 3 years later, with the US dreams smashed apart like a broken vase on the floor of the World Cup qualifying deck, I sit here stunned in complete silence. 

It is as if someone just came in and stole all my excitement, made me completely flaccid and devoid of energy whatsoever. It's 10 PM. I'm going to go to sleep now. **** this.