Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

* US qualifies from the Group of Death in the 2014 WC (beating out world power Portugal)

* Gets to the semifinal of the Copa America in 2016, against world power Argentina

* Wins the Gold Cup in 2017

The resume is getting increasingly impressive. They might actually be a world power by the time I'm an old man.

• Like 2

US skill continues to underwhelm, especially against a team like Jamaica who had zero possession but played a beautiful corner.

Better skilled teams finish 2 more of those sequences in the box.

Did Trump take credit for this yet?  Winning!!

• Like 1

Acosta had a poor game.  That was really the reason we couldnt break through the final 30.  Jamaica played a well disciplined defense.  Packed in and tried to counter.  They really didnt have any legit chances except for the one goal (which I still think Howard should have come off and grabbed in the air).

Pulisic, Cameron, Yedlin, Wood all would have helped.

That was Jamaica's top squad.  It was far from ours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Imagine the depth up front with Pulisic, Zardes, Wood, Dempsey, Altidore, Nagbe, Morris, Arriola.  There could be two teams worth of scoring talent, with a competent midfield.  It's the backline that worries me.  

All 4 of our starting backline were absent.

Yedlin, Brooks, Cameron, F Johnson 

And we have youngsters coming soon.  I think our backline will be our strength if we make it to Russia.

13 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

(mumbles) pulisic should be playing in midfield at some point

(and jozy's getting injured somehow before the World Cup)

(and zardes? please)

100% agreement.  

The US is loaded (for us) at forward, Pulisic is a bit of a waste up there when we are so thin in the middle.

Morris could be special, but not if he stays in the MLS.  That goal will make him the MLS posterboy, which is not a good thing.

Klinsmann was a horrible cook, but he sure knows how to stock a pantry.  Let's give him credit for that.

Praying that: Aron Johansson is healthy, Julian Green finds himself.   Those 2 = Zardes who?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Huge game tonight.  US v CR at 630 on ESPN.

A win would make the rest of the Hex relaxing but not guaranteed.  A tie would be bad.  A loss would be potentially devastating.

Additionally Mex hosts Panama and TnT hosts Hond.  We could really use a Mexico win and a TnT win.

I hope to see the following-

Howard

Lichaj Besler Cameron Johnson

Bedoya Bradley Pulisic Nagbe

Altidore Wood

I wont be surprised though if we play 5 midfielders.