Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

It's things like this that make US Soccer a laughing stock to the rest of the World .....

He's only their marquee signing like. One of the biggest names on the Global stage for well over a decade. But far be it for LA to spell his darn name correctly on the back of his shirt!

Not sure how that is on US Soccer, they have no control over MLS. I would imagine it would be an embarrassment for LA Galaxy, pretty sad especially since he has been there for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say I'd blame him at this point.  Though, if he thinks criticism in the states is bad... God be with him in England :lol:

He's tactically weak, which is the opposite of what I think England need right now.  But he's miles ahead of Roy Hogdson.

Would be silly for him to leave, project just left incomplete

That England team is STACKED.  Should've made the semis at the least.

We've never had a lethal, world class striker, England has Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy, Harry Kane (who you like, but I don't), and Marcus Rashford.  If he is smart enough to start Butland instead of Joe Hart in the World Cup they could win a couple of knockout matches, imo.

Edited by DC9

I would actually be surprised if he left. Even if he leaves as coach I expect him to stay and continue directing the development of soccer in the US. I think awhile ago the US became his second country. He would prefer to build US soccer to something respectable.

We shall see I guess. One reason I like him is he was born German, but he loves the US as opposed to a foreign coach just seeing this as a job.

• Like 1

I would actually be surprised if he left. Even if he leaves as coach I expect him to stay and continue directing the development of soccer in the US. I think awhile ago the US became his second country. He would prefer to build US soccer to something respectable.

We shall see I guess. One reason I like him is he was born German, but he loves the US as opposed to a foreign coach just seeing this as a job.

I hope so man.

I think he's the guy to build our program up.

I don't think it's a move that would make England much better at all, either.  He's much more valuable to us (again, acknowledging his tactical hilarity at times).

• Like 1

Praying he takes the England job. 

The absolute meltdown from English fans and press alike would be beyond epic. 

I'd pay good money to see that!  :ph34r:.

Hail. 

I'd be more curious to see who US soccer gets to replace him before I'd pay to see the meltdown over there :lol:

I have no clue who we'd get at the moment.

No American coach will have the gravitas needed to push changes that need to be made to keep/get things going in the right direction. Very few top managers who are well-known will want to be in charge of the whole system (youth and senior). Most of those guys just want to manage the senior team. 

Really, Klinsi is doing the things Gulati should be doing. 

Eric Wynalda? He's got some whack ideas that could really shake things up. 

• Like 1

No American coach will have the gravitas needed to push changes that need to be made to keep/get things going in the right direction. Very few top managers who are well-known will want to be in charge of the whole system (youth and senior). Most of those guys just want to manage the senior team. 

Really, Klinsi is doing the things Gulati should be doing. 

Eric Wynalda? He's got some whack ideas that could really shake things up. 

Wynalda would be interesting.

I'd almost like to see Lalas get the job and fail miserably if it wouldn't set us back 15 years. 

They'd spend 80% of practice working on set pieces.

I agree that Klinsmann's doing the job above his own, which is why it's important he stays.

What do you think about Steven Gerrard, speaking of a character earlier on this page?

Edited by DC9

As USMNT manager? Didn't even know he was interested and don't really know much about him either, other than he was a good player.

Lalas would be a disaster. 

****, we should really shake things up and appoint Jill Ellis. 

Edited by Elessar78

As USMNT manager? Didn't even know he was interested and don't really know much about him either, other than he was a good player.

Lalas would be a disaster. 

****, we should really shake things up and appoint Jill Ellis. 

Saw him mentioned for the England job.

I think a first time player to manager job like that for a national team would be a disaster. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really get into that kind of stuff.

I would think it has an effect on cohesion and you'd naturally have to take a side.

But hey, for about 10 years there you couldn't join Chelsea without John Terry banging your wife.  And Chelsea couldn't play at Liverpool without John Terry's mom riding the Scouse train.

Choo choo.

• Like 1

Alright... I know it's preseason... but Julian Green has 6 goal in 4 matches for Bayern Munich... including a hatty tonight.

Should completely eliminate Jozy Altidore from the conversation.

• Like 1