Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

And another reason we won't be hosting this again.

That wall has no business there.

You never did have any patience! 

16 days. Friday July 8. Over the water at Tranmere. Everything will be back to normal than. Hang in there kid. 

Hail. 

I can't wait.

• Like 2

And another reason we won't be hosting this again.

That wall has no business there.

I can't wait.

Everything I hear is that this has been a huge success from a profit standpoint and we are going to get more international games played in the states.

If we surround Micheal with another center mid, he might not lose the ball so easy me thinks.

Well know Bradley has rubbed off on John Brooks.

Must be nice to bring in Eric Lamela off the bench.

We'd build our attack around him.

Everything I hear is that this has been a huge success from a profit standpoint and we are going to get more international games played in the states.

We'll always host international games.

This was a money grab for CONCABOL teams, but the half-empty stadiums and mispelling of centenario have been embarrassing to say the least.

Add the travel that no one likes (we're a big country, most players aren't used to this) and it's a once a generation tournament at best for us.

Well know Bradley has rubbed off on John Brooks.

Must be nice to bring in Eric Lamela off the bench.

We'd build our attack around him.

We'll always host international games.

This was a money grab for CONCABOL teams, but the half-empty stadiums and mispelling of centenario have been embarrassing to say the least.

Add the travel that no one likes (we're a big country, most players aren't used to this) and it's a once a generation tournament at best for us.

They haven't even brought in Di Maria or Aguero!

I can live with 3-1.  Would love to get one here.

Dempsey's what, 33/34? 

And he's saying he need's to be a part of this team going forward through the qualifiers?

Who is this clown?

Hail. 

Yes, he's 33 and 34.

The clown is Landon Donovan.  Who is also both.

Which is why it's important to play. The. Youth. In. This. Tournament.

Everyone getting mad at the team selection for not winning is dumb.

Chances were slim to none that we'd do something here.

But you're not properly seasoning your youth for the future.  Very short-sited tournament approach.

Bradley with another dime there....

Totally crossed up Birnbaum.

• Like 3

The 3rd/4th place game should be all your youth to start building for the next couple of WC's. 

Doesn't matter a jot if you finish third. It's always been a stupidly pointless game regardless any tournament. But get the future out there and start building. This all needs ripping up. 

Hail. 

• Like 3

The 3rd/4th place game should be all your youth to start building for the next couple of WC's.

Doesn't matter a jot if you finish third. It's always been a stupidly pointless game regardless any tournament. But get the future out there and start building. This all needs ripping up.

Hail.

Yes.

If Bradley Dempsey etc play Saturday, it will be a wasted opportunity.

Tonight brought the "fire jk" crowd back to life.

Did the US even have a shot tonight? Or a touch in the box?

We got **** slapped. And there wasn't a leader on the field to respond

• Like 1

Hail. 

Here's my post from earlier in the tournament...

In my opinion, this is the 11 I'd go with for this tourney, assuming we had full health:

Hamid

Yedlin - Brooks - Birnbuam - Johnson

Kitchen - Nagbe

Gil - Pulisic - Zardes

Morris

Sure... they probably get shredded.  But they get experience.  At some point we need to zero out. 

It's not like the players we're holding onto have won anything.  I was hoping to see some of this.  If you want a youth movement you need to eventually play the youth and let them grow together.  I don't think it'll stunt them at all if they get bombed out of a tourney we're probably going to get bombed out of anyways. 

I actually love Jermaine Jones and I still like Dempsey, so you could have them off the bench, but start the youth for crying out loud.  

And for God's sake get Bradley away from this program.

• Like 2

Yes.

If Bradley Dempsey etc play Saturday, it will be a wasted opportunity.

Tonight brought the "fire jk" crowd back to life.

Did the US even have a shot tonight? Or a touch in the box?

We got **** slapped. And there wasn't a leader on the field to respond

Well, I don't think it's fire Klinsmann at all for losing.  You can be upset with how we lost, but we won a knockout match for the first time in a while.

We did miss a huge opportunity.  I'm upset, but I'm not cutting the chord on him yet.