Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two movies to choose from, can only watch one...

Movie Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie should I watch if I can only watch one?

• Tombstone
    • The Big Lebowski

Definitely go with the big lebowski. My parents, brother and sister usually talk about that movie a lot when we're eating dinner (when we are all in the same state for more than a weekend lol) and for a long time i had no idea what they were talking about. then last year at thanksgiving after the 4:30 game, my dad and brother decide to put on the big lebowski, so i decided to watch with them. i didnt think i would like it but it was hilarious. my dad ended up passing out during the movie then it ended so my brother turned on the end of ravens vs steelers, and my dad wakes up (after a few too many drinks) and he starts talking about driving a car through the universe, and how there are too many onside kicks...took us a while, but we figured out that he probably fell asleep during that weird scene, and thats what he was remembering. pretty funny movie though.

The Dude Abides

This is what happens when you find a stranger in the alps!!!

The OP's choice is between a moderately well executed early 90's popcorn western and a higher-brow comedy that's a treasure of American film.  You can go your life without watching Tombstone and probably be fine, but if you never see Big Lebowski, you risk cultural impoverishment.

The OP's choice is between a moderately well executed early 90's popcorn western and a higher-brow comedy that's a treasure of American film.  You can go your life without watching Tombstone and probably be fine, but if you never see Big Lebowski, you risk cultural impoverishment.

IDK if you like westerns Tombstone is one of the better ones made in its time. Not a lot of westerns from the 80s/90s that are better.

If you voted tombstone, you probably thought Independence Day was a great movie. Second only to Titanic, in your opinion

Good Lord we have some provincial folks around here. Cannot believe tombstone is winning. It's not even the same league

If you voted tombstone, you probably thought Independence Day was a great movie. Second only to Titanic, in your opinion

Good Lord we have some provincial folks around here. Cannot believe tombstone is winning. It's not even the same league

If you voted Lebowski. I wonder how many substances you perhaps ingested to laugh out loud, and perhaps believe that it was a better movie.

Plenty of funny quotes from "Friday" ... it is not a great movie. It is funny, sometimes hilarious, pretty good actually.

Still not better than Back to the Future.  Unless...perhaps...

Tombstone is a better movie.

I fell asleep when I saw Independence day in the theater. And Titanic was god awful...

Considering what Tombstone went through during production I'm amazed it was any good at all. While not a great film it's certainly an entertaining movie.

Here's the thing...

Why in the **** would you watch Tombstone when you can watch an even better western directed by the Coen brothers and starring Jeff Bridges called True Grit?

Tombstone wishes it could be half the movie that True Grit is.

Mic drop.  **** outta here.

Here's the thing...

Why in the **** would you watch Tombstone when you can watch an even better western directed by the Coen brothers and starring Jeff Bridges called True Grit?

Tombstone wishes it could be half the movie that True Grit is.

Mic drop. **** outta here.

Whenever anybody says "mic drop" . . . :rolleyes

I liked the new True Grit though, quite an accomplishment to live up to the John Wayne original, but it's still just a remake.

Anyway Tombstone is a must see because of Kilmer's Doc Holliday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5A0H6PkqE

TBL is good though. As I said, if you prefer comedy, then watch that.

Really just watch both. They're classics.

This is honestly a silly question because we're comparing two movies that aren't at all comparable.

No, that makes for a good thread.

Big Lebowski is eternally better than Tombstone.

I'm gonna break it down Ix style........

Big Lebowski = womens soccer

Tombstone = NBA

:P

I like both movies, not sure why the OP cant watch both, one today, one tomorrow.

edit:  joking of course, TBL is a great and funny movie, and a must watch.  I just prefer TS, but I love westerns.

Did you get your Val Kilmer (worst Batman ever) bobble head?

That's really not a fair comparison at all. Kilmer's Doc Holliday was good. Easily his best performance.

The only performance of his that might come close is his Jim Morrison.

Other than those two films, I'd agree Kilmer is kind of meh.

That's really not a fair comparison at all. Kilmer's Doc Holliday was good. Easily his best performance.

LOL, my man Springy is just busting my balls :D  It's all good.

But yeah, outside of TS Val Kilmer is not that great of an actor by any means.  

Mad Mardigan was the man...and sometimes woman, in Willow.

Archived