Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Two movies to choose from, can only watch one...

Movie Poll  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie should I watch if I can only watch one?

• Tombstone
    • The Big Lebowski

In fairness, you said you haven't seen either and asked if you could only watch one, which would we recommend.  You also implied that you are actually going to watch one.  Sure, you said "only one", but it was not presented in some hypothetical situation like being stuck on a desert island and can only take one movie with you.

My question to you is.  Why can you only watch one?  Why not both?

"...if I can only watch one..."

"If" being the operative word there lol...had I said "Since I can only watch one", that would be a different story. "If" implies that the scenario being presented is not factual at the moment. "If I go to Hawaii" does not mean I'm going to Hawaii. "If the Redskins win the Super Bowl" doesn't mean the Redskins won the Super Bowl. "If I can only watch one movie" doesn't mean I can only watch one movie.

"...if I can only watch one..."

"If" being the operative word there lol...had I said "Since I can only watch one", that would be a different story. "If" implies that the scenario being presented is not factual at the moment. "If I go to Hawaii" does not mean I'm going to Hawaii. "If the Redskins win the Super Bowl" doesn't mean the Redskins won the Super Bowl. "If I can only watch one movie" doesn't mean I can only watch one movie.

Just watch both for the love of pete lol :D

Seriously though, you could have already watched TBL on a free Netflix trial.  

That the one where Clint's the Marshall who get's whipped almost to death and returns to extract revenge with the two painted red at the end? 

Great film. But then most all Eastwood's are. The Leoni trilogy that broke him on the big screen have to be RIGHT up there as all time great westerns. 

Actually he was whipped to death, not "almost" to death. Some of the more corrupt people in town hired the gang to kill him because he was going to report a recently-discovered gold mine to the gubmint like he's supposed to do by law. The gang they hired kill the marshall by whipping him to death. I think the small guy in the clip was one of the few in town who didn't go along with it and ended up witnessing the murder from underneath a wagon or stagecoach or something. Most everyone else just stayed inside and heard the whipping murder as it occurred. Then they double-crossed the gang they hired and had them arrested for the marshall's murder (I think). In the movie the gang is getting out of prison and are headed back to the town to seek revenge for the double-cross.

Clint comes back as a sort of metaphysical spirit out for revenge for the marshall's (his own) murder, and pretty much ****s everyone up, both the gang and townspeople lol.

The Big Lebowski is a unique, creative and HILARIOUS film.

Tombstone doesn't even rank that highly for me as a western. Give me anything by Sergio Leone, Unforgiven, The Searchers or The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance over Tombstone.

The problem, though, is it's equally as easy for someone to come on here and say "Give me anything by Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, Woody Allen, Monty Python, Airplane!, Clerks or Borat over The Big Lebowski".

Neil Simon and Woody Allen are legends. The rest, basically individual tastes.

Woody Allen is a creepy over rated unfunny proto-Michael Cera. I know old people named him a legend but that title should be rescinded and all of you that bestowed it should be ashamed of yourselves.

What movies have you seen by Woody Allen?

I'd have to look them up because I've avoided anything with the guys name on it since I moved out of my parents house where my sister forced me to sit through over a dozen of his horrible movies.  Mostly his 80s and 90s stuff.  Nothing after that. 

There's so much wrong with this post I don't know where to begin. If you're implying Val Kilmer was in weird science he wasn't, he was In real genius.

Also, it's Coen and no true fan would say the big lebowski isn't a favorite.

Boo this man!

Willow was great.

lol real genius. You're right. Been a while. I just woke up after a going to bed before sunrise. Still great.

I was never a BL fan. Found it cheesy. Big dans character was good.

Mel Brooks and Monty Python? Yes. The others... not so much.

the best

Archived