Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nbcchicago: Missing Minutes From Security Video Raises Questions

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/laquan-mcdonald-investigation-305105631.html

Chicago police officers deleted footage from a security camera at a Burger King restaurant located fewer than 100 yards from where 17-year old Laquan McDonald was shot and killed, according to a Chicago-area district manager for the food chain.

McDonald was shot 16 times by a Chicago police officer on the night of October 20, 2014. Nine of the shots struck McDonald in the back, according to the Medical Examiners report.

The 86-minutes of missing video runs from 9:13 p.m. to 10:39 p.m., according to the lawyers for McDonald’s family. He was shot at approximately 9:50 p.m.

The Burger King sits at 40th and Pulaski and has a series of outside security cameras. On the night of the shooting, McDonald was trailed by Chicago police officers through the Burger King parking lot after a call about a man with a knife, according to attorneys for the McDonald family.

Just south of the restaurant, McDonald was shot after police on the scene said he posed a "very serious threat" to the officer’s safety. But that claim is disputed by attorneys for McDonald’s family and by some eyewitnesses that night.

"One witness, this witness told us this was an execution. That’s his word," said attorney Jeff Neslund, who along with Michael Robbins, represents McDonald’s family.

After the shooting, according to Jay Darshane, the District Manager for Burger King, four to five police officers wearing blue and white shirts entered the restaurant and asked to view the video and were given the password to the equipment. Three hours later they left, he said.

The next day, when an investigator from the Independent Police Review Authority asked to view the security footage, it was discovered that the 86 minutes of video was missing.

Chicago is a ****ed up town. The only reason you don't hear more about just how ****ed up it is stems from the corruption. The cops still have a very old world mentality. They serve to protect their own and no one else and there is very little government transparency.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that just this morning, as I was walking my dog, a gun fight almost broke out. Some crazy asshole was helping his friend move furniture and on two separate occasions started a yelling match with a motorist he deemed to be a "stupid ****ing asshole". The second "stupid ****ing asshole" got out of his BMW and threatened to smoke the man. He said he was going to go get his gun, because he knew where this guy lived.

That was just this morning. Three of my coworkers have been shot since I moved here three years ago. A number of my coworkers are repeat offenders who are in and out of prison. The system here is deeply flawed and stacked against those with poor education. Did I mention the Mayor closed down 50 schools last year and hired more police. The name of the game here is incarceration, not education and rehabilitation.

Chiraq ladies and gentlemen, keep your head down and keep moving.

12 Dead last weekend, 43 wounded, these are war stats.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicago-memorial-day-weekend-violence-12-killed-43-wounded/

five police officers wearing blue and white shirts entered the restaurant and asked to view the video and were given the password to the equipment. Three hours later they left, he said.

The next day, when an investigator from the Independent Police Review Authority asked to view the security footage, it was discovered that the 86 minutes of video was missing.

Soooooo.....they guys are on admin leave (with pay) pending an investigation, RIGHT?!

Is it digital video footage? Digital data, when simply deleted is still recoverable. If it's "zeroed out" (not sure if that's a universal term), the data is deleted and overwritten in such a way that it masks what was there before. I have a buddy who does cybersecurity for banks and the military and he says he can still recover zeroed out hard drives. 

Anywho, if it's more than just a simple delete and "professionally cleaned" then it looks even more ominous. 

Chicago is a ****ed up town. The only reason you don't hear more about just how ****ed up it is stems from the corruption. The cops still have a very old world mentality. They serve to protect their own and no one else and there is very little government transparency.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say that just this morning, as I was walking my dog, a gun fight almost broke out. Some crazy asshole was helping his friend move furniture and on two separate occasions started a yelling match with a motorist he deemed to be a "stupid ****ing asshole". The second "stupid ****ing asshole" got out of his BMW and threatened to smoke the man. He said he was going to go get his gun, because he knew where this guy lived.

Wow man.  Where do you live/work that this stuff is happening at such a regular basis?  

I'm not disputing the corruption of the city or the  cops, but I've been in the city for almost 4 years now, and the closest thing I've ever had happen was a neighbor a block away had a break-in.  I know this kind of stuff happens in the city, but its typically not in the neighborhoods where out-of-towners are moving to.

you get the government you deserve.

I am honestly trying to think of a single major US city that has a Republican mayor. There must be one, but I am blanking.

San Deigo maybe?

Regardless, back to your poor TWA -wannabe trolling.

Jesus. An impressive list of **** mid-level cities devoid of any interest. Not sure which one I would want to live in least.

Indy's actually a pretty nice place to live in my opinion.

Besides Fresno (only becasue I know nothing about it) I'd pick any of those cities over Baltimore, DC or Chicago lol 

Archived