Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Fans Have the Worst Grammar/Spelling in NFL (according to the WSJ)

jwpanic

We're number 1! Or should I say, were number 1!

Which NFL team’s fans leave the dumbest comments online? In a shocking upset, the answer is something other than a 32-way tie.

The Wall Street Journal took 150 reader comments, each at least 50 words long, from the comment sections on each NFL team’s official website. They then ran that corpus through an automated proofreading program to determine which team’s fans had the most spelling and grammar errors. The highly unscientific results:

1230230218627222117.jpg

http://deadspin.com/study-nfl-fans-not-write-good-1700945003#

Oh my GOSH.

This is such an important piece of information.

I can't wait til tomorrow when they survey the ass-wiping habits of NFL fans. I'm betting the Packers fans are the worst.

Actually, i think the entire basis of the article was based off an email sent to Drew Magary when he was trying to get in with Snyder's radio station, in which Snyder said " Go *** yourself"

I think they are still confused, and do not know how to pronounce " **** "

~Bang

Philadelphia has the 3rd best? And Detroit is at the top?

I know when I think of the two most highly educated areas of this country, I absolutely think of Detroit and Philadelphia.

This article is highly accurate, I'd say!

They're just better at spell checking

I can't wait til tomorrow when they survey the ass-wiping habits of NFL fans. I'm betting the Packers fans are the worst.

~Bang

No. After what I just did here in the bathroom, we would still be the worst.

109182-do-not-go-in-there-gif-Imgur-A-xa

150 comments from the teams website? That's your basis? That's absurd. The comments section on any website represents, quite literally, the dregs of society.

Archived