Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

5 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Are you saying that trump supporters are sabotaging these protests?

Would it make you more comfortable if they weren't? :)

and Yes, I think they are among the crowds of people at all of these events

Is something funny?

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Would it make you more comfortable if they weren't? :)

and Yes, I think they are among the crowds of people at all of these events

And see that’s the problem- everyone is part of the crowds but you’re focused on 1 segment rather than the combination of all and continue to make it political and racial 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Skintime said:

Most definitely. I just saw it here in NC about an hour ago in Raleigh.

Cool and there probably are but to segment it and make it about one group and only condemn one type of people is ridiculous.  If you want to talk about spreading division- there it is

Just now, steve09ru said:

And see that’s the problem- everyone is part of the crowds but you’re focused on 1 segment rather than the combination of all and continue to make it political and racial 

What about being a Trump supporter is racial? 

🤔

I'm sure there are very fine people in both sides

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Sounds like you’re one of those white folks from back in the day who’d say “Our negroes are good negroes. They’d never make trouble if it weren’t for those northern agitators filling their heads with foolishness.” Just understand that to me and most people that look like me, what you’re saying is the equivalent of saying “Why won’t those pesky colonists stop dumping tea? Don’t they know they’re polluting the bay? I need to swim and fish there, not to mention that my favorite tea is nowhere to be found.” I’m sure it really sucks for you.

Ordinarily this is the part where I’d suggest you talk it over with your black friend to get his take. However, from your description of him, he sounds like one of the Brothers Brothers so I don’t think there’s any point.

I don’t have a dog in this particular fight, Sisko, but this seems like an unfair response. I understand anger, and legitimate anger. Don’t let it be misdirected though. 

• Like 1

i was very proud just a little while ago when driving through this one small rural western washington community to see a decent size group of protesters lining both sides of the two lane one-way road leaving town....there were several cop cars parked on each side of the road where it started with lights on to alert you as you approached the situation...the protesters were almost all wearing masks and holding/waving simple "i can't breathe" signs written in black magic marker on white paper and just waving at the cars passing by.. and the coolest thing was a half-dozen local police sprinkled in among them, also holing the signs, including a group of three by themselves on one side holding that sign...all white for whatever wants to make of that

bonus interesting note is that this little ploice dep't has been in the big state papers at times for being among those having an over-militarized and bigger-budget than needed force....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

" If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." ~ Frederick Douglas

Some of you all want there to be some peaceful way to reach men that have no conscience, and have proliferated in the suffering of others their entire lives.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Yeah, and sad but can only do one. your post only condemning one group of people which is exactly part of our problem

Black and brown people, and most of all ginger people do bad things, too...

Hopefully this helps us come to an understanding 

• Like 1

You’ve been around long enough to know this.  The one people out there that are trump supporters are white and racists.

I don’t know if this is what you are going for but you really come off like someone hurt you and you can’t help but make this about some grievance you personally have in all this. Honestly this is probably why people tell you “you can’t have an opinion” about this. Not because you are (presumably) white. But because you seem to want to make this about it yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hopefully this helps us come to an understanding 

Bet it won’t 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I don’t know if this is what you are going for but you really come off like someone hurt you and you can’t help but make this about some grievance you personally have in all this. Honestly this is probably why people tell you “you can’t have an opinion” about this. Not because you are (presumably) white. But because you seem to want to make this about it yourself. 

It becomes about me, and most others who are white, when you try to have a conversation and offer an opinion for discussion and betterment but it’s not what the other side (black or white for that matter) wants to hear and then tell you you’re a racists trump supporter.  Yeah that seems to happen way more often than not - and this is a lot of times coming from whites directly- not even the ones experiencing this

so again, yeah it is frustrating when you try to talk about these things and issues and deep dive into what’s going on but are met with that.

Edited by steve09ru

I think its wrong to tell others how to react to a lifetime of injustice. People are upset, scared, frustrated, and angry. Enough is enough. This isnt just a color thing. This is a class issue that was inevitable because the greedy rich that have taken everything from everyone got over $400 billion dollars richer during a pandemic, while most of us were given $1200 and told to somehow make that cover months of bills and to risk our lives going back to work without adequate protection or a general plan on how we as a nation can beat this outbreak.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

i think  one would have to be somewhat intellectually compromised to think otherwise 

and plain old "trump supporters" not the only source of "outside" agitation at play...several white supemacist groups, of course, but others too

the intelligent, and challenging, discussion is to what degree of impact each is having, what are their methods, how to separate these various groups and their agents in the events and identify them and respond, whether law enforcement or by people on the ground inc. the press

in seatlle and portland i can speak to some crowds being very savvy and calling out provocateurs by their home group and driving them out...but not always, obviously

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

It becomes about me, and most others who are white, when you try to have a conversation and offer an opinion for discussion and betterment but it’s not what the other side (black or white for that matter) wants to hear and then tell you you’re a racists trump supporter.  Yeah that seems to happen way more often than not - and this is a lot of times coming from whites directly- not even the ones experiencing this

so again, yeah it is frustrating when you try to talk about these things and issues and deep dive into what’s going on but are met with that.

If you truly believe Trump is not a racist then I don't know what I can discuss with you.

Now if believe him to be racist and still voted for him because... We may have somethings to talk about.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

It's probably tougher to be black.

As long as you keep with ^ this mindset, your anger/confusion (or whatever it is, I rightly don't know) will fade, and you will feel better, and be able to understand more

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some Trump supporters have been doing this.  Awful people getting to do violent things and demonize black folks?  That's a siren song for alt right goobers looking to stir **** up. 

They aren't alone though.  People react to mentioning ANTIFA with hysterics, but the truth is we've seen ANTIFA and black bloc do exactly this before.  Anarchists seem to live to destroy things during political protests and is there a more powerful image of fascism than police in riot gear?  Like bees to honey.  

I don't think this can all be blamed on some grand conspiracy, even if for some involved it is.  I suspect mostly it's just plain opportunism.  Protests like this must sound like a dinner bell to people with rage issues that simply can't get away with causing mayhem on a daily basis.  Now is their time to shine. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think its wrong to tell others how to react to a lifetime of injustice. People are upset, scared, frustrated, and angry. Enough is enough. This isnt just a color thing. This is a class issue that was inevitable because the greedy rich that have taken everything from everyone got over $400 billion dollars richer during a pandemic, while most of us were given $1200 and told to somehow make that cover months of bills and to risk our lives going back to work without adequate protection or a general plan on how we as a nation can beat this outbreak.

Just curious Since you combined the two- frustration from those who were unable to work and protesting to reopen and get back to work- is that now fine? Because it wasn’t a few weeks ago.  

7 minutes ago, SkinInsite said:

If you truly believe Trump is not a racist then I don't know what I can discuss with you.

Now if believe him to be racist and still voted for him because... We may have somethings to talk about.

Never said he was or wasn’t and also didn’t vote for him

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's probably tougher to be black.

As long as you keep with ^ this mindset, your anger/confusion (or whatever it is, I rightly don't know) will fade, and you will feel better, and be able to understand more

It is- no denying that- I’m speaking to other white people who speak on behalf of blacks.  The actual conversations I’ve been able to have are with blacks but it’s the white people who think they know all that is driving this divide.

17 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Again, maybe it’s your approach. I told you that the first time through and you dismissed it immediately. But if you want to be a part of the conversation, maybe you should speak in a way that warrants you being spoken back to seriously. I don’t mean that to sound harsh, but you are coming off in a way I’m sure you don’t mean to. 

Also that line at the end about most of the criticism you get is from white people who this isn’t even happening to. That’s the exact same mindset of people who tell you your opinion doesn’t matter. It’s not happening to you. You didn’t mean it the way it is read I’m sure. It’s possible many people don’t mean it the way you are taking it. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Just curious Since you combined the two- frustration from those who were unable to work and protesting to reopen and get back to work- is that now fine? Because it wasn’t a few weeks ago.  

Never said he was or wasn’t and also didn’t vote for him

It's a simple yes or no question, do you think Trump is a racist.