Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

I-TEAM video shows name-dropping police officer busted for drunk driving

PARMA, Ohio (WJW) -- The FOX 8 I-TEAM has uncovered video showing a local police officer getting arrested for drunk driving and dropping names of local leaders.

Kelley's Island officer Amanda Myers got busted by Parma Police outside a bar where she said she’d been working.

She can be heard saying, “And the owner of the bar is (name withheld by FOX 8). His brother is the Prosecutor. He knows the Mayor. We’re all cool. That’s fine.”

It happened two weeks ago. Police took a call after a fender-bender in the parking lot behind a bar.

Video shows Myers saying she’d been working a side-job there and she’d had two or three drinks over the course of the day. But, she would not take any test to check how much she’d had to drink.

An officer asked her, “So, why would you want to refuse?”

She answered, “Because I’m an officer. I know how this works.”

Moments later she added, “Dude, you’re a cop. I can’t believe you’re even doing this.”

The I-TEAM found Myers convicted of impaired driving back in 2014.

We spoke to the Kelley's Island police chief. He said he was aware one of his officers had been arrested for drunk driving. He said she works for the police department from May through September. Council members there will consider how this case might affect her job.

At the scene, Myers left no doubt she thought she was innocent. But police also asked about what she had said to that other driver.

The Parma officer asked, “Did you offer to give him money just to get him to be quiet about this? That’s what he’s also claiming.” Myers answered, “No….no.”

She is now pleading not guilty in court. She's fighting there since the Parma officer was not impressed with the earlier name-dropping.

In fact, he responded to that with, “Oh! Sounds good, if you put it that way.” And he slammed the door closed on the police cruiser with Myers in the back seat.

And seconds later, the Parma officer told headquarters, “She’s in custody.”

Click on the link for the full article

Judge’s scathing words for Allentown police over violent arrest caught on video: ‘You perjured yourself,’ ‘disgusting blue line’

Lehigh County Judge Maria L. Dantos had scathing words for Allentown police and the Lehigh County district attorney’s office after a man whose violent 2018 arrest was captured on a video that went viral was acquitted of all charges Friday morning.

Dantos told the man, John Perez, that he was justified in protecting himself after an officer forcefully shoved him, and said she was “disgusted” by what she heard on officers’ body cam videos.

“For not the first time in recent history I became ashamed. I was embarrassed. I was ashamed of the officers and their conduct and their words and actions, and I was ashamed of the office I spent 17 years in that they would bring this prosecution.

“You chose to, instead, put on display police officers calling people p------, b------, threatening to shoot a dog, forming your disgusting blue line of four officers who turned their backs and said they saw nothing.

The judge called out the police officers’ conduct during the arrest and subsequent trial.

“You perjured yourselves. You escalated a situation without cause. Cops smirking on the stand at this jury, laughing at the defense attorney, high-fiving in the hallway after testimony as if there were something, anything, to be proud of here.

“You, officer Lebron, shoved Mr. Perez because you were mad, period. And then you got up on the stand and told that jury that you were just trying to make some space. That is not what happened.

“Nine officers, most of the night shift, pulling cars from other areas of the city because you lost it. That’s what happened. You lost it. Over nothing. Because someone was talking to you in a manner you didn’t like? No crime. You serve them.”

Click on the link for the full article and full transcript of her remarks

• Like 2

Body camera video shows 6-year-old Orlando girl arrested at school

ORLANDO — Kaia Rolle was sitting, listening to a school employee read her a story when two officers came in the room to arrest her.

“What are those for?” the 6-year-old girl asked the Orlando police officers.

“They’re for you,” Officer Dennis Turner said about the zip ties, before another officer tightened them around her wrists. Kaia immediately began weeping.

“No … no, don’t put handcuffs on!” she wailed in body camera footage from the arrest, which Kaia’s family shared with the Orlando Sentinel on Monday evening. The arrests of the girl and another 6-year-old at Lucious & Emma Nixon Academy in September drew national headlines and widespread condemnation, leading to the officer’s firing.

“Help me, help me, please!” the girl choked out through tears. The officers continued with the arrest. Employees at the Orlando charter school stood by.

Click on the link for the full article and video

The child was apparently acting up in the school, so what is wrong with a detention?

Why do they have to get cops involved at all for a six year old?

Isn't it the vice principal's job to handle student corrections?

Completely unacceptable behavior by any and all adults involved, police and school administration included 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:55 PM, c slag said:

The child was apparently acting up in the school, so what is wrong with a detention?

Why do they have to get cops involved at all for a six year old?

Isn't it the vice principal's job to handle student corrections?

Completely unacceptable behavior by any and all adults involved, police and school administration included 

When the body camera footage came out where the brown shirt was bragging about his new record of arresting a six year old to the teachers, I was wondering why they didn’t call him a Nazi thug. Of course if they called him to come arrest her, that kind of explains it. They should all be fired...with no pensions.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2019 at 11:01 AM, China said:

I'm wondering if he didn't get a beating from his fellow officers for the incident.

St. Louis cop Russian roulette death: Lawyer for alleged shooter calls it 'tragic accident'

An attorney for the St. Louis police officer charged in the Russian roulette death of a fellow cop last week called it a “tragic accident.”

Police say Officer Nathaniel Hendren, 29, shot Officer Katlyn Alix, 24, in his apartment early Thursday in the presence of a third officer. They say Hendren and Alix were playing Russian roulette.

Alix was shot in the chest. She was pronounced dead a short time later.

Hendren was charged with involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action. He was hospitalized shortly after the incident Thursday until being taken into police custody Monday afternoon.

“The death of Officer (Katlyn) Alix was a tragic accident that has unalterably impacted the lives of everyone involved,” Newton said in the first public comments defending Hendren. “I urge the public, as well as members of the police department, to wait until the investigation is complete, and all of the facts have been presented, before coming to any conclusions about what they believe happened that unfortunate morning.”

Police said Hendren emptied the cylinder of a revolver and then put one round back in.

He spun the cylinder, pointed it away and pulled the trigger, police said in a probable cause statement. But the gun did not fire.

Alix then took the gun, pointed it at Hendren and pulled the trigger, police said. Again, it did not fire.

Police said the third officer present, Hendren’s partner, told Hendren and Alix “that they shouldn’t be playing with guns and that they were police officers.”

“He felt uncomfortable with them playing with guns and didn’t want to have any part of it and started to leave," police said in the probable cause statement.

Hendren took the gun back and pulled the trigger, police said.

As Hendren's partner left the room, police said, he heard a shot, police said. Alix was struck in the chest.

Hayden said they used police radio to report an "officer in need of aid" and drove Alix to St. Louis University Hospital. She was pronounced dead soon after arriving at the hospital.

Update:

St. Louis officer gets 7 years in Russian roulette shooting

CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) — A St. Louis police officer accused of accidentally killing a female colleague while playing a variation of Russian roulette pleaded guilty Friday and was sentenced to seven years in prison.

Nathaniel Hendren, 30, had been scheduled to go to trial March 23 on charges of first-degree involuntary manslaughter and armed criminal action. The seven-year sentence was the maximum for involuntary manslaughter.

Chicago mayor: Police shooting video 'extremely disturbing'

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago’s mayor said video footage of police shooting and wounding a suspect inside a downtown Chicago train station is “extremely disturbing” and that she supports the interim police superintendent’s request for prosecutors to be sent directly to the scene — an unusual or perhaps unprecedented action in the nation’s third largest city.

After watching what she called the “widely shared footage” of the Friday afternoon shooting inside the Red Line L station, Mayor Lori Lightfoot tweeted that although “one perspective does not depict the entirety of the incident, the video is extremely disturbing and the actions by these officers are deeply concerning.”

“To ensure full transparency and accountability, I support Superintendent (Charlie) Beck’s decision to contact the State’s Attorney due to the potential criminal nature of this incident,” she tweeted.

Deputy Superintendent Barbara West told reporters on Friday that the police department was conducting concurrent criminal and administrative investigations into the shooting.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told The Associated Press on Saturday that although Beck “doesn’t want to rush to judgment,” the cellphone footage that has been widely shared on social media and footage from Chicago Transit Authority cameras raises “significant tactical concerns” about the actions of the two officers who were involved.

800.jpeg

This Friday, Feb. 28, 2020 image from cellphone video shows Chicago police officers trying to apprehend a suspect inside a downtown Chicago train station. After a struggle with police, the suspect was shot as he fled up the escalator with the officers in pursuit. Mayor Lori Lightfoot said video footage of police shooting and wounding the suspect is “extremely disturbing” and that she supports the interim police superintendent's request for prosecutors to be sent directly to the scene.   (Michael McDunnah via AP)

Video of Canarsie arrest sparks outrage on social media

A video showing the brutal arrest of a young black man in Canarsie Wednesday night sparked outrage on social media, where users condemned police for using excessive force against an unarmed suspect. 

“This young man is clearly terrified, because he is being held at gunpoint by a cop (who doesn’t even identify as a cop). Like anyone would be,” wrote criminal defense attorney Rebecca Kavanagh on Twitter. “He is fully cooperative. He doesn’t do anything that would have needed more than one cop to calmly arrest him.”

The footage shows a police officer holding 20-year-old Fitzroy Gayle against a wall, while the young man pleads to know why he’s being arrested. Eventually, a group of other officers arrive and hurl Gayle to the ground, where he can be heard screaming in terror. 

Click on the link for more

On 2/29/2020 at 10:41 PM, Cooked Crack said:

It's such a stressful job, he was merely giving the officer that did the work a chance to blow off some extra steam.

51 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Come on guys, "Walking out of park at night while being black" is clearly a cause for concern. 

Home of the "free".🙄

Gloucester Twp. cop convicted of 2 counts of official misconduct; jury deadlocks on endangering charge

A Camden County jury on Wednesday convicted a South Jersey police officer of two counts of official misconduct for slapping and pushing a 13-year-old girl in the face — an incident captured on police body-cam video.

The jury of seven men and five women, though, was hopelessly deadlocked on a charge of endangering the welfare of a child after deliberating over two days.

• 2 weeks later...

With all of the stuff going on, these cops are still planting drugs on people.

WHEN A POLICE OFFICER in Staten Island was caught by his own body camera in the apparent act of planting marijuana in the car of a group of young men, the video evidence against him was strong enough to prompt prosecutors in the resulting case to throw out the marijuana charge in the middle of a pretrial hearing. A judge cut short his testimony, and prosecutors recommended he get a lawyer. But an internal review by the New York Police Department found that no misconduct had occurred.

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

So another case of a black man being chased down by a white guy, in this case two armed white males.  Confront the black man, when a struggle ensues it is considered self defense for the white males to shoot & kill the unarmed black man.  I am curious as to what the conclusion to the story would have been had the scenario played out the same way but in the heat of the struggle the shotgun went off and killed the white male.  Would he have been afforded a self-defense ruling? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah right.

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So another case of a black man being chased down by a white guy, in this case two armed white males.  Confront the black man, when a struggle ensues it is considered self defense for the white males to shoot & kill the unarmed black man.  I am curious as to what the conclusion to the story would have been had the scenario played out the same way but in the heat of the struggle the shotgun went off and killed the white male.  Would he have been afforded a self-defense ruling? Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah right.

Or if it had been two armed black men chasing down and killing an unarmed white male.  I don't think that would have played out the same.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4