Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

what crime scene?

the one called into the police, there is even video of a crime (fight)

the police are charged with investigating such and empowered to do so......even to the point of requiring citizens to help them if needed ....or face charges :lol:

And yet, the person who committed the crime (the racist white woman who started the fight) was not detained at all. Great police work there. Imagine how good they would be if their prejudices didn't cloud their judgment as soon as they arrived. 

On a common sense note... Given the current atmosphere of cops that everyone knows, if you see a cop acting Rambo- maybe it's not a good time to 'resist arrest'.

Some of those kids could have left the scene much sooner. If a psychopath in street clothes was 'running around with 30 LBs of gear', I don't think I would antagonize.

Unfortunately, I think there is a drive to try and prove how unjust cops are. Jeez, just leave. Tjose girls coulda been away a long time before

And yet, the person who committed the crime (the racist white woman who started the fight)

Am i missing something? Trying to figure out how you know all this.

From what i read, she made a racist comment. She got physically attacked. Now I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, but I'm not sure making a thinly veiled racist remark is grounds for detainment.

Not defending cops actions here.

And yet, the person who committed the crime (the racist white woman who started the fight) was not detained at all. Great police work there. Imagine how good they would be if their prejudices didn't cloud their judgment as soon as they arrived. 

if there were kids jumping the fence would you consider that provocation?.......certainly a crime

it would be a calmer world if everyone behaved as they should.

From what i read, she made a racist comment. She got physically attacked. Now I'm not saying she didn't deserve it, but I'm not sure making a thinly veiled racist remark is grounds for detainment.

There was a fight but no video of how it started.  Obviously both sides are claiming the other started it. 

You do not get a exemption at a reported crime scene, guess again.

both controlling the scene and the people there are within their power.

Actually he is right. You have to be either detained or placed under arrest before the cop can start giving you orders; you don't even have to show your ID unless you're being lawfully detained. And to be detained or placed under arrest (lawfully) the officer has to have a specific and articulable reason to believe you are committing a crime or you have committed a crime, and they have to give you that reason. Of course, much of the time they will just make **** up. That's why its never a bad idea to be ready to video record with your phone if you're stopped and you don't think there is a reason for it.

• Like 3

Actually he is right. You have to be either detained or placed under arrest before the cop can start giving you orders; you don't even have to show your ID unless you're being lawfully detained. And to be detained or placed under arrest (lawfully) the officer has to have a specific and articulable reason to believe you are committing a crime or you have committed a crime, and they have to give you that reason. Of course, much of the time they will just make **** up. That's why its never a bad idea to be ready to video record with your phone if you're stopped and you don't think there is a reason for it.

wrong.... if you are at a reported crime scene, and this misinformation just contributes to the problem.

you can be detained,questioned and id required with not much more than your presence there justifying it..

video is always good though

I know all of this because I saw two links that shared that information from eyewitness accounts. 

Multiple people stated she made racist remarks, don't try to lighten it up by calling it "thinly veiled". There is another child who's parents want the woman charged with assault. 

I know all of this because I saw two links that shared that information from eyewitness accounts.

Multiple people stated she made racist remarks, don't try to lighten it up by calling it "thinly veiled". There is another child who's parents want the woman charged with assault.

Yep i read the same thing you did. I guess we've reached the point where insulting someone equates assault and physical attacks in retaliation is ok.

Sorry, but telling someone to return to public housing is a thinly veiled racist remark. It is not grounds for assault.

My point is you don't really know what you're saying you know. Did you read any of twa links with eyewitness accounts?

Basically, what we know is that one of two cops was a complete over the top dickhead.

Edited by Major Harris

Some people . . .

There is no justification for what that cop did to that girl.

If you're referring to me i don't know what to say.

I agree with your statement 100%.

But the es thing where you can't point out flaws of one side of the argument without being labeled as completely on the other side. ..i get it.

Edited by Major Harris
  • Like 1

Some people . . .

There is no justification for what that cop did to that girl.

I agree it was beyond the necessary.

I would also say her actions were unjustified.

- Kids on social media wrongly advertised this event - to a private community pool - as an open party.

- Kids were jumping the fence to gain access to the pool.

- Alcohol was being consumed, counter to community pool rules, including by underage kids, counter to State law.

-Marijuana was being openly smoked in front of the children of pool guests.

- Security guards were assaulted.

- A women leaving the pool with her children was assaulted.

Then the video begins.

• Like 2

The video has nothing to do with those prior events.

Zero impact on how this officer behaved.

what does have a impact is the willful disobedience of the crowd

those prior events are also the reason for lawful orders given to leave.

the others actions also impact the officers interaction with the girl.(and those trying to 'save' her)

okay, i get that.  but as I asked earlier, do you have any idea what it's like for some ego-tripping cop to tell you to get down on the ground when you haven't done anything?  I doubt you have.  I have.  it's degrading, and frustrating beyond words.  

This is what cracks me up... people who tend to react a certain way when stories like this break always assume that those who choose to react differently must have never had bad run-ins with the police.

Guess it's the bigger picture you have trouble with.

wrong.... if you are at a reported crime scene, and this misinformation just contributes to the problem.

you can be detained,questioned and id required with not much more than your presence there justifying it..

video is always good though

Being near where a crime takes place does not remove your rights, thats not misinformation. I am not sure what state you live in, so i acknowledge it could be different where you are. As an example, a witness to a crime does not have to present ID to an office if they do not want to, if just being at or near a crime scene meant the cops have power over you that would not be the case. You only have to present ID if the police can articulate suspicion of a crime or you are lawfully arrested, and being at or near where a fight took place is not enough. Those are the ID laws in Texas.

If officers had the power to detain anyone for being near a crime scene like a fight taking place, then witnesses would be required to show ID. Your rights dont just disappear because someone else committed a crime.

Again, I say this not knowing where you live and acknowledging that it could be different in your state.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

The video has nothing to do with those prior events.

Zero impact on how this officer behaved.

I disagree.  In any case I wanted to be sure we have a bit of context before the Media Narrative Choo-Choo Train starts chugging down the tracks.

what does have a impact is the willful disobedience of the crowd

those prior events are also the reason for lawful orders given to leave.

the others actions also impact the officers interaction with the girl.(and those trying to 'save' her)

I didnt notice it in the video, but it looked to me like the people the cop was going after were outside of the pool area. In which case they were on public property and do not have to obey in order to leave, they are allowed to be there.

Of course if I saw that wrong and they were on private property they do of course need to obey the police.