Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

This comment from the buzzfeed link reflects how a lot of people think (Not just black people). The main video was shot from a white kid that you can see clearly just standing around, ( in the young lady's video) not being asked to sit down or handcuffed and dragged.

Victoria Walker · Top Commenter
I had a white acquaintance who asked me one time why I teach my children awareness (what this country really thinks of them).

This video illustrates why. There are so many lessons in this video. Not only are the police reinforcing the idea that they are not here to protect and serve the black community, but that if you question them, you could lose your life.

There was no reason that a child who weighed at most 110 should have been dragged by her braids onto the ground and had a grown ass man put his knees in her back.

Then when the young man attempted to intervene and protect his friend, he had a gun drawn on him. Lesson? She walked away feeling powerless and the young man now believes that stepping in to save his sister could lead to his death. Mission accomplished yet again.

Unfortunate, and I, like Chew...got the trembles right now...this type of absurdity really pisses me off. It takes a lot to piss me off.
Edited by Kosher Ham

Tom Fuentes, former Director of the FBI on the situation on that video: "this officer clearly lost control of his emotions and uses profanity that wasn't necessary at all."

So, should this cop ever be allowed to wear the uniform again? If a 13 year old girl can get him angry enough to where smooshed her face into the ground and put a knee in her back, can't imagine if he was dealing with adults who could actually pose a credible threat. If he's that sensitive, I'd prefer he not be patrolling my streets with a gun and an ego the size of Texas.

Edited by Chew

Dispatcher: 911, what's your emergency?

Caller: There's black children in the pool!

/loads clip.

I was just glad he didn't shoot the kid. I understand that the young man was in the wrong right then. However the cop had over stepped a few times prior to the kid even bothering.

Only thing that makes me happy is that no one was actually hurt...or dead.

I was just glad he didn't shoot the kid. I understand that the young man was in the wrong right then. However the cop had over stepped a few times prior to the kid even bothering.

Only thing that makes me happy is that no one was actually hurt...or dead.

The vid is harrowing. There was high potential of murder. White cops are scary dudes...thank god I don't know any.

large crowd and fights breaking out too simple for ya?

Of teenagers in bathing suits ?

At a party...a fight escalated from a neighbor...for no reason ?

Too simple ? One fight.

You realize if I punch you in the face and walk away...you aren't supposed to shoot me in the back right ?

The vid is harrowing. There was high potential of murder. White cops are scary dudes...thank god I don't know any.

I know a bunch and they all seem pretty cool to me.

Same time... I don't put myself in those situations to even be bothered.

Of teenagers in bathing suits ?

At a party...a fight escalated from a neighbor...for no reason ?

Too simple ? One fight.

You realize if I punch you in the face and walk away...you aren't supposed to shoot me in the back right ?

the reasons for the fight are to be determined

crowding and interfering with police and not obeying lawful orders will usually get ya detained

Someone get shot?

Running at a cop who is already subduing one and fending off more is usually gonna have some tension....or more

it certainly could have been handled better.

crowding and interfering with police and not obeying lawful orders will usually get ya detained

Running at a cop who is already subduing one and fending off more is usually gonna have some tension....or more

it certainly could have been handled better.

Were they breaking the law initially ? Pool party ? Hmm...

The last 2 sentences I agree with however.

Were they breaking the law initially ? Pool party ? Hmm...

The last 2 sentences I agree with however.

If as reported they were jumping the pool fence, and of course fighting....yes

it is a pool that is restricted and only tagged can enter

When they clearly did not disperse when ordered REPEATEDLY....Yes

The two idiots running at the cop to rescue the damsel in distress ....Yes

we make things harder than they need to be

Well first he told them not to disperse, that's why he was chasing them. Definately didn't want them to disperse. Even did a combat roll trying to stop them from dispersing. Then he picked a few black kids at random and told them to "AHHHH SIT ****ING DOWN!!!!" and told the other kids to "AHHHHH GET ****ING BACK!!!" Well, the black kids anyway... didn't seem to mind the white folk killing around too much.

1) Granted, my knowledge of the law isn't even good enough to write for Law & Order. But I seem to recall being told that the law is "Interfering with a police officer in the performance of his duties".

This at least kinda implies to me that "Interfering with a police officer who is assaulting children because he thinks they aren't scared enough of him" is perfectly legal. 

2)  You seem to really love to throw around that phrase "lawful orders".  Could you be so kind as to explain exactly what that term means, when you throw it around? 

Seriously, that was a training exercise on how to handle a high school party right?

I mean, you should have to holster a deadly weapon at least once. Introduce as much conflict into the scene as you can and take a relatively harmless environment and make it a cluster. 

Good job pal

Edited by Bonez3

Twa, don't dodge the question.

Please, explain the meaning of the phrase that I bet you've used 20 times, in several threads.

if ya are that dense ya can't grasp it from that link.....

a order by a officer of the law in pursuit of his duty that is not unlawful. :P

stop,turn around,on your knees, on your face,go across the street,get your stupid ass over there like I have told you twice already....ect,ect.

add

do you also need explained why the officers were there and why they are empowered to both detain and disperse people present?

Edited by twa
  • Like 1

stop,turn around,on your knees, on your face,go across the street,get your stupid ass over there like I have told you twice already....ect,ect.

okay, i get that.  but as I asked earlier, do you have any idea what it's like for some ego-tripping cop to tell you to get down on the ground when you haven't done anything?  I doubt you have.  I have.  it's degrading, and frustrating beyond words.  

add to the fact that these are 13 and 14 year olds he was dealing with, heavens to betsy some kid doesn't do what you tell him to and follow your orders.  but did he really have to manhandle that 13 year old girl like that?  

well, this is what the former Assistant Director of the FBI had to say about the situation, so I'll just roll with his opinion.  :)

Former FBI assistant director Tom Fuentes watched the YouTube video and harshly criticized the officer who wrestled the girl.

The officer appeared to be "running around escalating" a situation that should have quickly calmed, he said.

Fuentes said there appeared to be "no justification" for the way the juveniles, particularly the girl, were treated.

The fact that she was wearing a bikini indicated that she was "clearly not armed," he said.

The officer appeared to be "running around almost like a one-man band," he said, and other officers appeared to distance themselves from him. "The other officers that are there don't really come right to him to give him a hand. I'm wondering what's going through their minds, 'Get me away from this guy. He's out of control.'

"He's out of control. He clearly has no self-discipline. He lost control of his temper. Nothing good can happen at that point. Thankfully he didn't shoot somebody."

• Like 1

okay, i get that.  but as I asked earlier, do you have any idea what it's like for some ego-tripping cop to tell you to get down on the ground when you haven't done anything?  I doubt you have.  I have.  it's degrading, and frustrating beyond words.  

Why yes I have a number of times, though a few more where I had done something.

Ya could always tell em to make me....it don't end well at all,kinda fun at the start though. :D

I've also been detained, cars searched, questioned, guns pulled on.....never been shot by them yet.(have been tased)

The opinion of the FBI ain't worth much since they don't play the same game, but I certainly agree the officer could have made better choices.

• Like 1

Cops ordering people to the ground is not a lawful order unless he has reasonable suspicion that they have committed a crime. Don't see based on the video how he had any reasonable cause. Cops like that seem to think that whatever they say is a lawful order.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

Cops ordering people to the ground is not a lawful order unless he has reasonable suspicion that they have committed a crime. Don't see based on the video how he had any reasonable cause. Cops like that seem to think that whatever they say is a lawful order.

You do not get a exemption at a reported crime scene, guess again.

both controlling the scene and the people there are within their power.