Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 NCAA March Madness

AsburySkinsFan

Yep.

Immediately following the two blown calls in their favor.

:ph34r:

The officiating didn't win this game for Duke, Jones clutch shooting did. I hate Duke with an passion. I'm an Maryland fan that remembers the 10 point comeback with a minute left in the game. Trust me, I hate them lol.

No, you don't. Never understood where all of the sudden you have to "pull for the conference or in-state team came from". Do you pull for the Eagles, Cowboys or Giants in the playoffs or Super Bowl?

I mean, after all they are in the Redskins division and in the same conference. :)

Edit: I will say that my late grandmother always pulled for an NC team first and foremost. Me, not so much.

Completely different with NCAA vs pros. Championships in NCAA = conference prestige that does flow down to the rest of the teams, as well as actual tournament cash that is also split between the teams in the conference.

LOL...yeah, ok. It's one thing to miss live action calls. It's another when replay shows something clearly to everyone.

It doesn't change my statement: you gotta outplay bad calls to win. 

No matter how many bad calls there are, there were many more shots you missed or plays you didn't make or fouls you committed that had more impact on the game. 

It's lame to put in the hours of work and complain about refs missing a millimeter call. Not that the players made excuses—just fans.

Completely different with NCAA vs pros. Championships in NCAA = conference prestige that does flow down to the rest of the teams, as well as actual tournament cash that is also split between the teams in the conference.

I don't think you understand how rivalries work...

There's no one in college basketball I hate more than Duke.  Congrats to them though, they earned it.

Definitely some questionable/missed calls that went their way.  But they made a big run when they were down 9 and showed grit.  That Grayson Allen kid had some ridiculous drives.

There is no one I respect in sports more than Mike Krzyzewski.  You can tell how much his players love and respect him.  And he does the same to his players.  I met him on my 21st birthday at the Bellagio, and I told him as much.  And this is coming from a hardcore Maryland fan.  I basically told him I'm a Maryland fan but I love playing your team it is always a great game.  Something like that...I was kinda drunk haha.  But I made sure to show him respect.

I'd argue that this is a first, because Duke really is a bit of a surprise this year. I'd have gone with Kentucky, Wisconsin, Arizona would all have been more likely.

It's still a four-loss Duke team and regional #1 seed. Not THAT much of an underdog.

Easy money was on Kentucky, but I was actually rooting for them because seeing history made would have been cool. And Wisconsin winning would obviously have been interesting. They've won the tournament once in, what, 50 years?

I'm a Michigan fan and I've alway hated Bo Ryan in particular....

But DAMN did the refs favor Duke in that game. It was ridiculous. No wonder you ACC guys hate Duke so much. You have to beat the team and the refs at the same time.

It doesn't change my statement: you gotta outplay bad calls to win. 

No matter how many bad calls there are, there were many more shots you missed or plays you didn't make or fouls you committed that had more impact on the game. 

It's a ridiculous statement. Bad calls absolutely can take wins away from teams in every single sport. It happens on the biggest stages at times. Have you ever played organized sports?

Bo Ryan complaining about too much body contact. 

It's a ridiculous statement. Bad calls absolutely can take wins away from teams in every single sport. It happens on the biggest stages at times. Have you ever played organized sports?

Yes, they do.

I have played and I never complain about refs. The players I coach do not complain about refs. Work harder and make them a non-factor. That's loser talk. There are way more plays that you can make than bad calls a ref can make. 

But go ahead, give back every Redskins win where there was a bad call in our favor. That's never happened, right?

There is a girl I work with who lives in Kentucky. She roots for both Kentucky and Louisville. She works in Louisville, and I'm sure she has friends who are fans of both. A couple of us think the reason is that because no matter who wins, she can identify with the winners to feel good. I laugh every time because she is so lame.

Bo Ryan complaining about too much body contact. 

Yes, they do.

I have played and I never complain about refs. The players I coach do not complain about refs. Work harder and make them a non-factor. That's loser talk. There are way more plays that you can make than bad calls a ref can make. 

But go ahead, give back every Redskins win where there was a bad call in our favor. That's never happened, right?

It's admirable to coach like that and expect that out of one's players, but it's also a load of **** to act like bad calls don't change games completely. In this final four there have been two late replays which officials got wrong both times. Things that are correctable, can't be missed. When a guy is driving along the baseline, fundamentals of officiating have you checking the feet. Those weren't difficult calls to make.

There is a girl I work with who lives in Kentucky. She roots for both Kentucky and Louisville. She works in Louisville, and I'm sure she has friends who are fans of both. A couple of us think the reason is that because no matter who wins, she can identify with the winners to feel good. I laugh every time because she is so lame.

Is she hot?

Archived