Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

I don't blame him. If callers would ever be reasonable, maybe it wouldn't be that way,, but in this town a win means we're heading to the top and a loss means fire everyone immediately.

It gets rather tiresome. I'd be tired of it having to try and humor such idiocy every day.

~Bang

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

I don't blame him. If callers would ever be reasonable, maybe it wouldn't be that way,, but in this town a win means we're heading to the top and a loss means fire everyone immediately.

It gets rather tiresome. I'd be tired of it having to try and humor such idiocy every day.

~Bang

But it seems like whenever people disagree with him, he gets so upset and goes on a rant. I mean 90% of the people that call into sports talk shows are idiots anyway, but Cooley needs to not freak out when people don't agree with him.

Curious to hear what his grade is for Cousins if anyone is listening

jeezuz.

anyone listening to amani toomer on grant and danny? hes really awful.

he says our defense is good enough (WTF?!) , but doesn't believe in cousins. thankfully grant said 'based on 4 quarters, cuz last year he put up pro bowl numbers'.

at least watch a few games, dude.

• Like 1

Was listening to an old Howard Stern Sternthology bit on Sirius last week. Artie vs some girl, one on one, in basketball. So who's sitting in between Howard and Robin doing the play by play? Our own Larry Michael. And the way they were talking that wasn't his first time on the show. I had no idea. I thought that was pretty cool (and Larry Michael and cool aren't words I normally use near each other).

23 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Was listening to an old Howard Stern Sternthology bit on Sirius last week. Artie vs some girl, one on one, in basketball. So who's sitting in between Howard and Robin doing the play by play? Our own Larry Michael. And the way they were talking that wasn't his first time on the show. I had no idea. I thought that was pretty cool (and Larry Michael and cool aren't words I normally use near each other).

wow. I had no idea. I listen to a lot of old stern online (and when I'm in my wifes car which has Sirius :) ). i'll have to look for that.

5 hours ago, Bang said:

~Bang

If he was just a former player who did pottery and nothing else, I'd agree that he's allowed to get annoyed with idiot fans who give their opinions or ask dumb questions. But he's making a living as a radio personality...it kind of goes with the territory. You can't be a dentist and complain when people have bad breath. 

Listen to the podcast of Czaban and Pollin yesterday just because I always sort of liked those guys together. They were generally reasonable.

They had Lovarro on and I honestly had not listened to him in the 8 years since I moved away. He's now a fully armed and operational hot sports taker. Wow. His takes were scorching. I really don't listen to that kind of radio any longer. It was strangely entertaining in a retro way. If I had to listen to that everyday, I'd slit my throat of course.

Was at Tysons Saturday to meet the junkies and get the last two junkies bobbleheads. 

Those guys are very nice. Having a lot of public tourstops lately. They were actually at a bar with fans Sunday for the game. 

As much apathy as I feel towards the fan they have more public meet ups than 980 it seems. Where are the Kevin and Cooley public shows or meetings? 

I've always liked the Junkies. I remember when they first came on during the golden years of JFK. When they finally moved from weekends to evenings might have made for the best lineup in DC radio history

Stern

Liddy

Don and Mike

Junkies

Greaseman

Didn't need to change the station all day. Not even for G. Gordon's crazy ass.

Obviously some folks aren't going to like that but it worked for me in that time and place.

On 9/14/2016 at 0:38 PM, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

There's video of Michael in Los Vegas for that Artie vs Chick 1on1 game. Had to be sometime in 2003 while he was scheming to stab Herzog in the back because Artie is still thin in the video lol.

Edited by FS#21

i'll say this about Sheehan and his rant this morning.

a couple of years ago, when many people ripped the play calling under kyle, Sheehan was adamant that we shouldn't rip the playcalling, parlty cuz we had WRs and TEs wide open all over the field.

now, in defending kirk, hes blaming the play calling, even though we have WRs and TEs running wide open all over the field

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grego said:

i'll say this about Sheehan and his rant this morning.

a couple of years ago, when many people ripped the play calling under kyle, Sheehan was adamant that we shouldn't rip the playcalling, parlty cuz we had WRs and TEs wide open all over the field.

now, in defending kirk, hes blaming the play calling, even though we have WRs and TEs running wide open all over the field

Don't let Stephen A. Smith see this,

• Like 1

taking calls from listeners is the worst part of sports talk IMO. They always start with at least one of these, but usually more than one. "Love the show", "I'll make this quick", "I just wanted to say". 

It's never quick or well thought out.

They should have a number for people to call and leave a 30sec voicemail. Kind of like PTI where they play the recording of somebody asking a question.....and then talk about it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

taking calls from listeners is the worst part of sports talk IMO. They always start with at least one of these, but usually more than one. "Love the show", "I'll make this quick", "I just wanted to say". 

It's never quick or well thought out.

They should have a number for people to call and leave a 30sec voicemail. Kind of like PTI where they play the recording of somebody asking a question.....and then talk about it.

It's usually people who can barely speak English--and not because they it's their second language--it's because the callers are ****ing morons.