Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

I think its because when he talks sports. He has good guests. He doesn't do lazy and tall callers. Then when he talks politics or movies. Its the same. He gets people who know what they are talking about.

And I wasn't taking a slight at Tony. He's the only one worth listening to on 980. But he really doesn't focus on sports like the rest of the shows, so it makes it easier to listen to.

streaming 980 right now to see if they have the balls to call out Wyllie by name on the story from last night.

So far. No. They are on the impact on McC and if he can do his job. Very quick mention of the team denial before apology.

If you are on twitter. Let @kevins980 and @thomloverro know that if they aren't talking about @tonyylee in all of this, and his other mistakes. Then they are just glazing over the obvious. 

streaming 980 right now to see if they have the balls to call out Wyllie by name on the story from last night.

So far. No. They are on the impact on McC and if he can do his job. Very quick mention of the team denial before apology.

If you are on twitter. Let @kevins980 and @thomloverro know that if they aren't talking about @tonyylee in all of this, and his other mistakes. Then they are just glazing over the obvious. 

Yeah, but why would they place the real blame on the guy no one knows? It's way more fun to put everything on McCloughan.

sheehan today- "we owe the shanahans alot "........i'm sorry, for what??? for the mess that this team is? well, in part, certainly.

but to give mike (i give kyle credit for what he did with robert in 2012) "credit" for anything concerning robert is like giving a doctor who shoots somebody credit for reviving somebody for a few minutes before he dies. 

"sure, he's responsible for ultimately killing the guy, but for a sec, things were looking really good!"

"He will cause a distraction because we won't shut up about it." - Radio Guys.

I always get sick of thee way these clowns talk as if they are not the source of the problem they complain about.

They don't complain that Griffin may push for playing time, they complain he might make a tweet that they will then rip to shreds, all the while claiming "he doesn't get it!"

But if he made the tweet and they din't rip it to pieces, it wouldn't go anywhere. Something drives it..  but it's not them.

today I'm listening to Loverro once again call Washington fans all sorts of losers for leaving the nats game in the 7th yesterday. he's criticizing Harper for calling out the fans, squealing that he "can't talk to the customer that way".

Meanwhile, he's calling all of HIS customers losers and fair weather fans...  AGAIN.

How he continues to be considered a sportswriter is beyond me,, as much as i've listened to him, he is way way way more concerned with trumping up off-the-field ridiculousness than he ever is with anything that happens on the field.

the fact he won sportswriting awards is a severe indictment as to how far the craft has fallen.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4

Maybe be its just me, and it's nothing, but I really find it condescending the was Jason Reid refers to mike jones as Littke Bull or Young Bull or whatever. He must have said it 1000 times this morning.

I listened to the segment because Jones has grown on me. But it was just Reid spewing hate. At the end, Chris asked Jones if he could stay another segment: "Sure, I didn't get to talk very much because Jason talks a lot." (Paraphrased.)

Reid sucks. almost as much as lavar sucked on radio but not quite. That was epic.

• Like 1

Maybe be its just me, and it's nothing, but I really find it condescending the was Jason Reid refers to mike jones as Littke Bull or Young Bull or whatever. He must have said it 1000 times this morning.

I listened to the segment because Jones has grown on me. But it was just Reid spewing hate. At the end, Chris asked Jones if he could stay another segment: "Sure, I didn't get to talk very much because Jason talks a lot." (Paraphrased.)

Reid sucks. almost as much as lavar sucked on radio but not quite. That was epic.

Somebody must like Lavar (I don't know who), because he is now on NFL Network.

"He will cause a distraction because we won't shut up about it." - Radio Guys.

I always get sick of thee way these clowns talk as if they are not the source of the problem they complain about.

They don't complain that Griffin may push for playing time, they complain he might make a tweet that they will then rip to shreds, all the while claiming "he doesn't get it!"

But if he made the tweet and they din't rip it to pieces, it wouldn't go anywhere. Something drives it..  but it's not them.

today I'm listening to Loverro once again call Washington fans all sorts of losers for leaving the nats game in the 7th yesterday. he's criticizing Harper for calling out the fans, squealing that he "can't talk to the customer that way".

Meanwhile, he's calling all of HIS customers losers and fair weather fans...  AGAIN.

How he continues to be considered a sportswriter is beyond me,, as much as i've listened to him, he is way way way more concerned with trumping up off-the-field ridiculousness than he ever is with anything that happens on the field.

the fact he won sportswriting awards is a severe indictment as to how far the craft has fallen.

~Bang

Seriously, dude, Spotify......

• Like 1

Somebody must like Lavar (I don't know who), because he is now on NFL Network.

You don't have to be liked to be on TV.  You just have to be interesting.  That could be interesting good/interesting bad/interesting completely ridiculous and laughable.

Lavar is in category 3. My only issue is (I'm assuming, I've never watched him on the NFL network) that they try and pass him of as an expert.  

He was an expert at not knowing what he was supposed to do.  

~Bang

Damn, you had to put that line about him winning sports writer of the year in there.  Because as I read the post, and saw "he continues to be considered a sportswriter" I was jonesing to reply simpley

"An AWARD WINNING sports writer."

You disallowed me from making an insightful though slightly snarky comment by having a coherent, complete thought.  

Boo Bang. Boo.  

EDIT that shouldn't be necessary but probably is: (For those who's sarcasm and joke meters are off today, all of the above was an attempt at humor.  Great post Bang.)

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1