Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

On 7/24/2023 at 4:31 PM, ixcuincle said:

Grease man lol. Bone dry bone dry 

We need a don and Mike again 

I never got what Don and Mike was all about. I guess Don just got fired from BIG100 for some comments him and some other dude were making about a Channel 9 female reporter.

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I left the beltway and moved to RVA in 1993 and it is astounding to me that “Don Geronimo” is/was still a thing up there in 2023.

I grew up just old enough to listen to the morning zoo. I loved Don and Mike, with Buzz. I rememever when they moved to afternoons, Mark Rypien calling in to read a nighttime story to Don's kid. 

I knew he was around but never listened this him in the past 25+ years. I also don't listen to the Junkies any more, and feel they at least talked the same about women. Maybe they grew up a little while Don never did. 

I was a biiig Don and Mike fan as a teen in the late 90's, even won a Dreamcast in one of their contests.

I was happy to see Don get a gig in the area a few years ago, but never listened Since I'm sure his humor wouldn't mesh with the older version of me. 

I just can't imagine the stupidity that has to flow through your brain to make a juvenile comment like that on the campus of a team that just went through a mega sexual harassment controversy. Ugh

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I left the beltway and moved to RVA in 1993 and it is astounding to me that “Don Geronimo” is/was still a thing up there in 2023.

I’m still here and I am as surprised as you are that Don Geronimo is (well, was) still on the radio around here. 

it was supposed to be a big get, because once Mike left (did he pass away) it was just the don show for a while on 1067 before he left the station. Then he faded away until BIG 100 brought him back. As stated before he spent a year hosting 2 Ron Rivera shows on the radio at Founding Farmers Reston, anyone could just come in and ask Coach a question and he'd answer. But yeah he deserved to go after his comments

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

it was supposed to be a big get, because once Mike left (did he pass away) it was just the don show for a while on 1067 before he left the station. Then he faded away until BIG 100 brought him back. As stated before he spent a year hosting 2 Ron Rivera shows on the radio at Founding Farmers Reston, anyone could just come in and ask Coach a question and he'd answer. But yeah he deserved to go after his comments

Don left after his wife passed away and then Mike had his own show before the station flipped to sports. 

Mike is very much alive and has the TMOS podcast with Oscar from the old Big O and Dukes show. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Don left after his wife passed away and then Mike had his own show before the station flipped to sports. 

Mike is very much alive and has the TMOS podcast with Oscar from the old Big O and Dukes show. 

yeah it's been a while since i tracked 1067 closely, once opie and anthony left i was done. but one of them did stick around to have his own show, I got the wrong one

Jumped in the car to get an iced coffee and flipped on 106.7. It was Grant alone taking calls about the team name. But he was clear...... not taking calls if they should change the name to Redskins. But why have 50K people signed some petition? The breakdown of people who want Redskins vs. people who don't, but also had Commanders.

Just terrible. 

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I agree with him about not talking about it going back to Redskins.

It's simply not happening.  It's time to move on from the name.  It will never come back.  500k people signing a petition ain't gonna do jack ****.

It's not segment worthy. His take was it's not happening.....but let's open the phone lines to let people argue why it should.....again.....

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

It's not segment worthy. His take was it's not happening.....but let's open the phone lines to let people argue why it should.....again.....

From what you said it sounded like he wanted calls from people who want the name changed but not to Redskins.

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

From what you said it sounded like he wanted calls from people who want the name changed but not to Redskins.

He framed it like he wanted people to chime in on the petition to change the name back to Redskins itself, with the caveat that it's never happening. 

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Nats game on 106.7

Doc on 980

Shoot me now.

afternoon baseball on the radio is nice. Even if I'm not listening closely. Very zen.

Doc Walker must live at the station and get paid nothing. Every time he's let go, someone brings him back to fill in on something when they can't get anyone else or can't afford anyone else.

Just roll the two stations into one. Make the shows shorter. Junkies 6-9, Kevin 9-11, Bmitch/Finley 11-1, Grant/Danny 1-3, Hoffman 3-6, then some evening programming from 6-9.

Yeah, I know I didn't keep some of the weakest shows. 

Good lord Lynelle Willingham or however you spell his name might be the dumbest radio host this city has ever had. Just constant bad take after bad take. He's got energy and charisma but he's just a complete moron. I feel like I'm losing brain cells listening to him and I'm glad Doc Walker and Denton are there too to smack him back down.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Grant and Danny and jp and b mitch are the two best shows right now but that's not saying much. Bram on 630 is fine too. Every time I tune in they're talking commanders lol. At least Bram sometimes talks other sports 

I still like Sheehan. But I kinda do miss when he was paired with someone like Cooley or Doc.

LOL. I'd bench Danny and make Grant a sidekick, update guy on some other show where he can't decide to talk about food rankings for the 100th time. 

JP kills me with his pauses. When you are silent for 10 seconds on the radio, people think something is wrong. Especially when it happens mid-sentence.

I think Hoffman right now is the best locally. even if they got old and not good, Czabe, Pollin, whoever.....were professional radio talkers. Didn't mumble or drop a bunch of uhhhs, umms, you know, I mean, etc....... Hoffman is that too. Good flow, can talk deeper on football than even the former players locally. Route concepts, X's and O's. Same with Hoops. Not so much baseball or hockey.